2015 NFL Whipping Post

Baseball, Basketball, Footbal, Soccer, Curling, Poker, ect...

Moderators: Lord Mhoram, StevieG, hierachy

sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

KC Chiefs vs NE Patriots

Pittsburg Steelers vs Denver Broncos

Seattle Seahawks vs Carolina Panthers

Green Bay Packers vs Arizona Cardinals

Marvin Lewis needs to be fired for losing control of his team. for having Burfect on the team in the first place. Burfect and PacMan will not accept responsibility for this loss.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Cybrweez
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cybrweez »

Unlike Walsh did for Minn. that was Heartbreaker. Then the Skins forgot how to play defense after 1st quarter. Along w/Texans, they proved those 2 divisions suck (they were the only games that didn't come down to the end).

Pats startin to look up, Edelman healthy, hopefully the line is stable. Nasty Chiefs defense, which gets pressure, the sore spot for Pats.

Lets see if Cardinals are for real now. Or Packers for that matter.

Seahawks/Panthers, should be nasty fun.

Hurt Big Ben, hurt Brown, hurt Williams. Too much to overcome? Against great defense? Would be amazing win for Steelers.
--Andy

"Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur."
Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.

I believe in the One who says there is life after this.
Now tell me how much more open can my mind be?
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

The last Pats-Chiefs game prompted the world to proclaim the Pats dynasty over and done. (They went on to win the Superbowl.)

Chiefs are going in with confidence.
Pats are going in with a grudge.

KC Chiefs vs. NE Patriots
But I hope I am wrong.

I predict it's the best game of the weekend.
Cybrweez
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cybrweez »

I'll be surprised if the Chiefs win. Esp if Maclin is out. Pats just focus on Kelce. And Edelman does make a difference. The offense was doing great first half of season. I'd lean more towards Pats blowout than a loss.
--Andy

Cybrweez
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cybrweez »

Chiefs hung tight. Was a good game. Maybe different story if Pats don't have so many drops early in game.

Another crazy Sat nite game. Are you kidding me? That was insane. How do Cardinals give up TWO hail mary's? Then Fitz takes over, luv that guy. But Palmer was a mess, he better improve or Panthers will blow em out.

Panthers almost let Seahawks do the amazing again. If they came back to win, I'd be convinced they are supernatural. Thankfully, don't have to go there.

I thought Broncos/Steelers was pretty boring. that's how Denver rolls tho. Pretty poor offense with crazy good defense.

Will be tough for Pats this week, Denver not good to them. Top pass defense against team that only passes. But can Broncos score?

Again, if Palmer doesn't improve, long day for AZ. He got off the snide tho, so maybe he'll do alright. Toss up in that case, if AZ plays like they have for most of year.
--Andy

wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Anyone else think this is going to be one Manning/Brady bowl too many for Manning?
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

I hope not. Im hoping the Cards get in.

Cyber - Pretty much agree with all of thoughts on this last weeks games... I was actually on the edge of my seat as the Seahawks were making a comeback.

I only batted 500 last week. Im hopeful to be better this week. So Here are my picks

Broncos vs Patriots

Cardinals vs Panthers
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Wow... I got zero correct this time LOL

OK Superbowl picks

Broncos vs Panthers

Although the Broncos offense is suspect, their D is top notch. They have a great Pass rush and Run defense. They keys to beating the Panthers are to keep Cam contained, disrupt his timing and stop the run. Make them one dimensional and make him beat you with his arm. If they can keep it from being a shoot out, slow the game down and run the ball a lot, they can win this game.

For the Panthers, Manning's arm strength isn't there. They should be able to jump some routes and take some balls away. But in order to do so, they need to stop the running game and the Broncos actually have a decent running game. Really their keys are similar. make Manning throw that ball a lot and wear him down.
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
Cybrweez
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cybrweez »

Was at indoor water park Sun, only saw 4th quarter of Pats game, and 2nd quarter, early 3rd of Panthers.

Yes, missed XP hurt Pats. But no FG w/6 mins left and 3 TOs? Not like the Broncos were going up and down the field all game. Big mistake. Then he even had a chance to make up for it, FG w/2:25 left, 3 TOs and 2 min warning. Nope, go for it again. It is classic Belichik, going for it big. Hurt you this time. Time for a big receiver, not all these tiny guys. Gronk's health just too unreliable.

Panthers dominant. From what I saw, Palmer again looked terrible. Not big time performer. Sux for Cards, I do love Fitzgerald. And their receivers threaten Broncos more than Panthers. How can Panthers attack Broncos? Will really have to rely on Newton to create time and hit late in the play. Which, with the way he's playing, is possible. This offense is pretty serious. Broncos games have been pretty boring, but #1 offense against #1 defense should at least entertain.

Newton going for his first, and Peyton going for 2nd, in order to finally shut up Eli at family get togethers.
--Andy

sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

ugh, horrible game by the patriots. two assistant coaches fired so far. the offensive line coach and a strength/conditioning coach.

I hope they do pick up a big wide receiver in the draft or free agency. Colston from New Orleans maybe?

I believe that Cam Newton and the Panthers will make Peyton Manning's final game a blowout for Carolina.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

What an awesome game. So many amazing plays by Manning. He ... well, he ... okay, but ... wait ... was Manning in the game? Oh yeah, the guy getting sacked and stripped. Or was that Newton?

Oh, for the Patriots/Panthers game that should have been.
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

wayfriend wrote:What an awesome game. So many amazing plays by Manning. He ... well, he ... okay, but ... wait ... was Manning in the game? Oh yeah, the guy getting sacked and stripped. Or was that Newton?

Oh, for the Patriots/Panthers game that should have been.
Oh, that my aunt had a penis, so I could call her my uncle.

Brady got smacked around in the AFC championship just like Cam did last night. The Pats had no business in the SB.

Peyton is the greatest QB to ever play the game. He has a 2nd ring now. All the critics and detractors can sit down and stew in their own thoughts.
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

I'm not discussing what I know about your aunt's penis. But the Patriots could have taken either of two sure thing field goals and won that game, so they lost due to bad decisions that could have gone the other way (and do, frequently, in my dreams). And Manning was carried through the Superbowl this year. Von Miller won the game for the Broncos. Manning handed off 1 one junk time rushing TD on a turnover inside the 10. I understand all the sentiment, but he went out with a gift ring.
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Defenses win Championships. The Denver defense was on fire and played lights out. The Panthers were outplayed and Cam reverted back to his normal pouting self by throwing himself on the ground in a tantrum you expect from a 2 year old.

On the Patriots. They had their chance and blew it. Coulda shoulda woulda. Sarge reminded me a few years ago, losers make excuses, winners move on to play the next game. The game that should have been is the game that is. I could just as easily say, the game that should have been was Falcons vs Ravens instead of SF in 2012....so damn close. One bad decision. Ryan threw for the Penalty and the ref didn't call it. Game over. Should have thrown for Tony G who was mostly open.

I thought it was a fun game to watch although if the Broncos had a better QB, it wouldn't have even been as close as it was.
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

wayfriend wrote:I'm not discussing what I know about your aunt's penis. But the Patriots could have taken either of two sure thing field goals and won that game, so they lost due to bad decisions that could have gone the other way (and do, frequently, in my dreams).
So to be clear, the Patriots didn't get in because of poor coaching and poor execution. They had no business being anything but spectators at the Super Bowl. Truly nothing more insufferable than a Patsies fan.....

There's no doubt that Peyton was carried to the Big Show. His throws were all kinds of ugly, and he moves around like an old man. That's a testament to how good Denver's receivers and OL are.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Cail wrote:
wayfriend wrote:I'm not discussing what I know about your aunt's penis. But the Patriots could have taken either of two sure thing field goals and won that game, so they lost due to bad decisions that could have gone the other way (and do, frequently, in my dreams).
So to be clear, the Patriots didn't get in because of poor coaching and poor execution. They had no business being anything but spectators at the Super Bowl. Truly nothing more insufferable than a Patsies fan.....
No, that's just what you want to pretend I am saying so that you have an excuse to insult me way more than is really necessary.

What I was trying to say, DLB, is that the Patriots weren't not worthy. They had the capability to win that game, despite the excellent Bronco's defense. They threw the game away with some uncharacteristic bad decisions. And an uncharacteristic failed extra point that cost a whole game is just plain bad luck. Pats didn't get into the SB, and that is fair -- but they were certainly worthy. Pats certainly played better against the Broncos than the Panthers did. So they certainly had some business.

It would have been a better Bowl. Then again, almost anything would have, really.
ussusimiel
The Gap Into Spam
Location: Waterford (milking cows), and sometimes still Dublin, Ireland

Post by ussusimiel »

Watched the game, first one of the year so can't really compare it to anything else, but the one thing that really confused me is why Newton didn't call any specific QB running plays. He made one decent opportunistic run and that was it.

Not to use one of your most potent weapons against a defence that needed to be loosened up and moved around seemed very strange to me. And then in the 4th Quarter he doesn't go down on a ball that is clearly his to go for (and which was stripped from him) has me speculating that he was protecting himself.

Now I don't know who would have made that decision (Newton or his bosses), but if you are protecting yourself in the Superbowl, then maybe your bosses are thinking really long-term. Rather than risk your biggest asset in one game (even if it is the SB), you look at in career terms, and see the greenbacks flowing from the full-houses that come to see Cam play and bide your time for a Superbowl against a team with a less rock-hard defence.

The Broncos' defence were the outstanding team on the field. They were defence and offence all rolled up into one and they made the Panthers offense look very one-dimensional and mediocre.

u.
Tho' all the maps of blood and flesh
Are posted on the door,
There's no one who has told us yet
What Boogie Street is for.
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

ussusimiel wrote:Rather than risk your biggest asset in one game (even if it is the SB), you look at in career terms, and see the greenbacks flowing from the full-houses that come to see Cam play and bide your time for a Superbowl against a team with a less rock-hard defence.
Perhaps. On the other hand, there is a considerable risk that Cam has blown a gaping hole in his image. The combination of his not going after the fumble and his attitude-impaired uncommunicative post-game interview may shift perceptions and lessen his popularity.

Compare his deportment after the game to how Russell Wilson conducted himself after the SB loss last year. Who is the professional, the role model?8O
Kipling wrote:If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you;
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or, being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or, being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise;

If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;
If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with wornout tools;

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breath a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: "Hold on";

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with kings - nor lose the common touch;
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you;
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run -
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man my son!
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
Cybrweez
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cybrweez »

I didn't think the game was bad. Broncos' defense one of best of all time. Steelers, Pats, Panthers - 3 of top 5 scoring offenses in NFL this year. Avg 13/game over those 3 playoff games. Not many defenses can claim that. Miller may have had best SB for defensive player ever, just could not be contained. I'm glad Eli can't lord anything over Peyton anymore, but best of all time? Not even best of his generation. Brady has him, easy.
--Andy

Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Gotta agree. Peyton is a great quarterback, no argument. But as much of a whiny douchebag as Brady is, he is simply the best quarterback of the last decade, and looks to have at least 2 more good years in him.

That's damned impressive.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart

Return to “Sports”