Magic the Gathering

Zap! Woo hoo! High score! Computers, Consoles, and everything electronic.

Moderators: Cagliostro, lucimay, Creator, Sorus

Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Magic the Gathering

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

I can't be the only one here who indulges in MtG regularly, can I? StarCity Game Night is tomorrow night in my local store then FNM (Friday Night Magic) is, obviously, this Friday--Oath of the Gatewatch officially becomes part of Standard. I am seriously considering going with some mono-red burn because I got a foil pre-release Chandra Flamecaller last week.

Some people consider it an e-sport but I think they are merely fooling themselves, which is why I started a thread for it in PC/Console Gaming.

Anyway....if anyone else engages in this particular hobby let me know.
The Tank is gone and now so am I.
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Know.

I stopped buying ages ago and I was never in tune with "what's hot" or played big games, but I still routinely play with friends. We have a giant box filled with preconstructed decks. We just grab and play. I have a pile of cards I collected, from Fallen thru to Masques or somewhere there abouts.

I recently created my own life counter app because (a) I wanted to learn how to make an app, and (2) all the ones on Google Play fail.
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

You mean "Fallen" as in Fallen Empires? I had stopped playing not long after Ice Age came out eons ago, then got back into it when the 2015 Core set came out, just before Khans of Tarkir.

I am currently in tune with what's hot but I can't play some of the really competitive decks due to budgetary constraints. $65 for Jace, Vryn's Prodigy? How about "no"?

A lot of people at the store use iPad or Android apps for life counters; I will sometimes just use dice or a piece of scratch paper. I should learn how to make apps, as well. Perhaps that will be something I do with the kids this summer.
The Tank is gone and now so am I.
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

I think Ice Age is the last time I bought cards for Magic: The Gathering. It was fun, but I ran out of people to play with, so I stopped.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life

Return to “PC & Console Games”