2016 Olympic Games

Baseball, Basketball, Footbal, Soccer, Curling, Poker, ect...

Moderators: Lord Mhoram, StevieG, hierachy

StevieG
Andelanian

2016 Olympic Games

Post by StevieG »

It's almost upon us! A chance to see some of the world's greatest athletes.

In Australia, the 7 network have exclusive rights to broadcast it. It will be as painful as all hell on free tv. There is an app that they have also produced, and a subscription service which might be worth it for the ability to actually watch some action.

In my time zone it looks like events start around 9-10pm and go through the night to 7-8am. Great!
Hugs and sh!t ~ lucimay

I think you're right ~ TheFallen
StevieG
Andelanian

Post by StevieG »

Well, a huge amount has happened in the Olympics that a literary site doesn't give a shit about :lol:

The Aussie's have been notably disappointing in the pool considering the hype surrounding them.

One highlight this morning (my time) was American Michael Phelps earning his 22nd gold medal, and being the first person in history to earn a gold medal in 4 consecutive Olympic Games. What an achievement!

Our rugby 7s girls smashed the world and brought home gold! Awesome achievement. Did anyone see the New Zealand haka after the match? It was stunning and emotional. Whatever flaws there are with the Olympics in general, if it can produce moments like this, I'll keep watching.

don't mess with these women!
Hugs and sh!t ~ lucimay

I think you're right ~ TheFallen
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Apparently Michael Phelps' gold medal count has broken a two millenia old record, as well.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Phelps ands Bolt are incredible beyond words. My God.
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Iolanthe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Iolanthe »

As I've been forced to sit on the sofa a lot during the last few weeks I've watched quite a lot of the Olympics. The Brits seem to be doing well. Loved the gymnastics when Max Whitlock became a double champion and the dressage yesterday. Also Sophie Hitchon getting a bronze in the hammer throwing. Max and Sophie broke very long records of no medals in their sport. Trouble is I keep getting emotional when they're on the podium and I hear the national anthem. It's a bit draining! :sob:
I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order!

"I must state plainly, Linden, that you have become wondrous in my sight."

Return to “Sports”