The Rule of Two

Talk about both the movies and the books.

Moderator: aTOMiC

jacob Raver, sinTempter
The Gap Into Spam

The Rule of Two

Post by jacob Raver, sinTempter »

The Rule of Two

So, many, many years before Vader, Darth Bane abolishes the former way of having many apprentices in favor of having just one, and both having the title of Dark Lord of the Sith...

...umm, so there's only two Sith in the entire galaxy at one time, trying to take over the entire galaxy...together, alone? All the while the Jedi have a whole Council to defend againt...two Sith? Seems like cutting off three fingers to me.
Sunshine Music
Deep Music
"I'm gonna eat your brains and gain your knowledge." - Tony Block, Planet Terror
aTOMiC
Lord

Re: The Rule of Two

Post by aTOMiC »

jacob Raver, sinTempter wrote:The Rule of Two

So, many, many years before Vader, Darth Bane abolishes the former way of having many apprentices in favor of having just one, and both having the title of Dark Lord of the Sith...

...umm, so there's only two Sith in the entire galaxy at one time, trying to take over the entire galaxy...together, alone? All the while the Jedi have a whole Council to defend againt...two Sith? Seems like cutting off three fingers to me.

I think this is a bit misleading.

The idea of only 2 Sith does not preclude action and association with underlings. Clearly the Sith leadership, full force wielding members with authority, number only 2 but there is a galaxy filled with lackeys, yes men, pawns and dupes to assist with realizing the grand plan and doing the grunt work. Truth be told some of these lower level characters are actually quite formidable and pose a serious threat.

Of course that's just my opinion. I don't read Star Wars novels, watch much of the animated series or pay attention to the ancillary details of the video games so I am not fully schooled on all sources. However if its a detail in one of the 7 movies I probably know something about it.
"If you can't tell the difference, what difference does it make?"

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart
JIkj fjds j
The Gap Into Spam

Post by JIkj fjds j »

There may only be two Sith, as one Master and one Apprentice. Obviously there cannot be two Emperors. And the empire was pretty big. A Sith Lord as ruler of Coruscant and the central government, with an army of a million clone Stormtroopers, is more than plenty to challenge the entire galaxy.

Return to “Star Wars and Star Trek Forum”