Inferno Accepting New Players

Forum-based role-playing games

Moderators: Xar, Goatkiller666

Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

So, we've had some NPC players from the beginning, and we've had some players drop the game over time. So, while the characters still hold large sets of assets in Hell, the actual player-controlled stuff is decreasing. I've been trying to figure out how to allow new players to join, without having old characters just mysteriously vanish without solid plot-based reasons.

And what I'm sensing as the best opportunity here is that there may well be a coup within the ranks of some demon prince's forces. This would allow new players to have the possibility to have actual armies without having to start from 0. And, it gives us story hooks for why a new powerful demon would appear in Hell... you were there all along, because some NPC created you many turns ago, but now you've risen up and taken over.

And honestly, it's totally in line with the generally chaotic and combattive theme of Hell. Uprisings, betrayals, etc.

So, if anybody is interested in joining Inferno at this point, please contact me by PM so that we can begin sorting things out. New players would join the action AFTER the latest turn results come out, but the sooner we start conversing, the more I can build the new character into the backstory.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Honestly, I wouldn't mind if any new player took over an NPC, with whatever stuff that NPC has. I'm not concerned with who I destroy. :D Anything to get new players. And I don't think they'd take things the same way you'd been planning anyway. It would soon be their own character.
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

I recall once raging to the world how Xar had gone nearly a year since his last update of Pantheon. I say this mostly to acknowledge my hypocrisy in this area, given how long it has been since Inferno's last turn, over on the Encyclopedia Infernalis. But, with all you God and spectators as my witnesses, I swear that there will be new (and final) Inferno results before it is 2017. And depending on how you look at things, one or more players may even be able to claim to have won.

Because the year that takes Bowie and Ron Glass from us will see the final and conclusive end to Hell as well!
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

I await with bated breath... :D

--A
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Points to Av for spelling that right. I do so tire of trotting out my "That is not what the Diet of Worms is about..." joke for those who misspell that adjective.

Goat, yes please revive the true gaming aspect of the Watch. While you've been gone, the Watch has been on a mad chase for post count toward the significant-yet-meaningless million post milestone. That has finally been achieved, due in part to a rash of Mallory gaming posts, many of the "ABC" variety or similar ilk. Amusing on occasion, but seldom thought-provoking or of any but the most ephemeral impact. Just duff to be scrolled through. I understand the motivation for the quantity of posts, but still crave quality.

Bring back a higher percentage of posts that actually engage the reader!
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

is it too late to join?

thread necromancy thy perfidy?
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...

Return to “Gravin Threndor”