Folly's Challenge

A place to discuss the books in the FC and SC. *Please Note* No LC spoilers allowed in this forum. Do so in the forum below.

Moderators: kevinswatch, Orlion

Romeo
The Gap Into Spam

Folly's Challenge

Post by Romeo »

Okay - I'm stumped. Where do I get it?? I tried various amazon.com sites, but to no avail (which usually works even for releases from smaller publishing houses). The only hit on a general internet search was for a review that only made me want to read the book more.

In case you're wondering what I'm talking about, check out book cover in the Art Gallery. :-)
dANdeLION
Lord

Re: Folly's Challenge

Post by dANdeLION »

Romeo wrote:Okay - I'm stumped. Where do I get it??
There is a very profound saying that goes like this: "Be careful what you wish for; you just might get it". Anyway, the book you are looking for is not yet available, though it will be soon on cafe press, and it is written by none other than our very own Cromas Tummins, so don't get your hopes set too high. :screwy:
Dandelion don't tell no lies
Dandelion will make you wise
Tell me if she laughs or cries
Blow away dandelion

I'm afraid there's no denying
I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

:hobbes: *

* This post carries Jay's seal of approval
Ylva Kresh
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Ylva Kresh »

Is this true? What do I have to do to get a signed copy? :D
SLATFATF...

Post by Guest »

Ylva Kresh wrote:Is this true? What do I have to do to get a signed copy? :D
Tom is an extremely nice guy. I'm sure if you just buy a copy and mail it to him, he'll sign it for you.
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

Anonymous wrote:Tom is an extremely nice guy. I'm sure if you just buy a copy and mail it to him, he'll sign it for you.
Oops, that was me. I just got done doing a map for the book, BTW.
Dandelion don't tell no lies
Dandelion will make you wise
Tell me if she laughs or cries
Blow away dandelion

I'm afraid there's no denying
I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

:hobbes: *

* This post carries Jay's seal of approval
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

Folly's Challenge was a short story that was selected for Pegasus Online speculative fiction magazine a couple of years ago. I chose that story to headline my collection of short stories. That should explain why there was an entry in a search engine. Folly's Challenge and other Stories should be available from the publisher sometime in the middle of December this year. Anyone who would like a signed copy need only ask. I'd be happy to do it. My full length novel "The Omegabane of Randecoar." will take considerably longer to finish. I thank anyone who may have interest in Folly's Challenge. :-)
BTW. Thanks dAN for those sturring words of encouragement.
"If you can't tell the difference, what difference does it make?"

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

aTOMiC wrote:Folly's Challenge was a short story that was selected for Pegasus Online speculative fiction magazine a couple of years ago. I chose that story to headline my collection of short stories. That should explain why there was an entry in a search engine. Folly's Challenge and other Stories should be available from the publisher sometime in the middle of December this year. Anyone who would like a signed copy need only ask. I'd be happy to do it. My full length novel "The Omegabane of Randecoar." will take considerably longer to finish. I thank anyone who may have interest in Folly's Challenge. :-)
BTW. Thanks dAN for those sturring words of encouragement.
Do you ever read something that you wrote a long time ago and are staggered by the jaw dropping ignorance of the content?

A lot has changed in 13 years. :roll:
"If you can't tell the difference, what difference does it make?"

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart
peter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by peter »

Very much so (I wrote some 'love' poetry at one time that is so vapid that it makes me squirm with embarrassment. Alternatively I've written stuff (some of it here on the Watch) that has me wondering what happened to the brain that produced such well constructed prose.
The truth is a Lion and does not need protection. Once free it will look after itself.

....and the glory of the world becomes less than it was....
'Have we not served you well'
'Of course - you know you have.'
'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard

Return to “The First and Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant”