Insanity of the Left

Archive From The 'Tank
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

This is bullshit. Either the guy making the video was news or he wasn't. CNN has once again proven that they're a political machine and have zero news integrity.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
Zarathustra
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zarathustra »

Joe Biden … putting the Dem in dementia since (at least) 2020.
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

*laugh* Pure, unadulterated bullshit. Someone need to tell Srinivasa Ramanujan that he needs to go check his white privilege at the door. (yes, he's dead but you get my point)

Also, wasn't there a movie produced only last year which chronicled the black female mathematicians who worked at NASA during the height of the Space Race? Oh, yes--there was. I guess those ladies also needed to check their white privilege at the door.

Just like the color green equalizes people of different skin color, in a classroom there are no racial differences--a black kid and a white kid can learn any information at the same rate, provided that their home environment is conducive to and supports learning. Black kids suffer only when the parents--presuming there are two of them--do not buy into the thug culture, which places no value on learning whatsoever (unless it is about how to make more money via some criminal endeavor). Similarly, if a white kid is growing up in a home where learning is not valued then their grades will reflect that.

As is too often the case these days, the phrase "white privilege" is a synonym for "anything white-related is bad; anything non-white-related is good". Look, Ms. Gutierrez, we already know that the Greeks didn't invent a lot of math, even the Pythagorean Theorem. However, if the Babylonians had published actual books and/or not been swept aside by the tide of history, we would be calling it by a different name. The Greeks won that battle--get over it.

Of course, she isn't just another SJW--she actually teaches it (click under "courses").

I can't tell if the is Mexican or Chilean but either way the irony is that she is, ethnically, most likely white herself.

Finally, from the Campus Reform article:

Gutierrez stresses that all knowledge is "relational," asserting that "Things cannot be known objectively; they must be known subjectively."
Not only is this the opposite of reality but it forces us to ask these questions: if all knowledge is subjective, then whose subjectivity are we using as the criterion? who gets to decide which knowledge is better than other knowledge or which knowledge is worth knowing?
The Tank is gone and now so am I.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Knowledge isn't subjective, but there is a difference between knowing something objectively (intellectually) and knowing it subjectively (emotionally).

I am intellectually aware of the fact that smoking is bad for me. But because I haven't accepted / internalised / whatever that knowledge emotionally, I continue to smoke.

Objective and subjective knowledge is the difference between knowing something and believing it.

--A
Rawedge Rim
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rawedge Rim »

Dr. Bartholomew Wolper: You have to remember, this man isn't responsible for those killings. He's merely a victim of the Batman's psychotic obsession.

“One accurate measurement is worth a
thousand expert opinions.”
- Adm. Grace Hopper

"Whenever you dream, you're holding the key, it opens the the door to let you be free" ..RJD
Zarathustra
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zarathustra »

Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

The ironic thing is this: the bisexual student is correct. There are countries in the world where his lifestyle can get him thrown into prison and/or executed.

That anyone who is not a heterosexual would support or condone Islam is bizarre because many of its practitioners would not return the favor.
Zarathustra
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zarathustra »

You would think that liberal bias would skew one toward sympathy with a gay (or bi) individual in your own country, rather than vehemently defending a "language code" that provides cover to violent bigots in other countries. I don't understand the Left's defense of Islam on any ground, but especially over and above defending gay rights.

The fact that a philosophy professor would insist that one not think for himself and simply accept politically correct dogma, passed down with threats from authority figures, is a tragic failure of intellectual integrity. I can't believe that in a field that purports to seek knowledge, politics and conformity with peer pressure are the primary concerns.
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

As you well know, The Left doesn't want intellectual diversity or independent thought. Instead, it wants adherence to Party and its stated policies, with all dissent thoroughly repressed. Maybe that's why they defend Islam so avidly--it also wants blind adherence to strict dogma.

Post by Avatar »

Think that seems to apply to everybody really. Don't decide what is right or what to believe, believe what I tell you is right.

--A
Zarathustra
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zarathustra »

Avatar, not everyone threatens you to believe what they believe. Only the Left (and militant religion) has this level of intolerance for speech they don't like.

It's not the Right that is:
  • Shutting down colleges (with riots) to stop conservative speakers.

Providing safe spaces and preventing micro aggressions to protect people from being offended.

Enforcing politically correct norms by threatening your education and your job (as this articles shows).

Forcing society to remove symbols of our past--and clashing violently with the opposition in the struggle over these symbols.

Attacking people as racist/homophobic/Islamophobic/xenophobic/sexist if they have a position that is not politically correct.

Trying to criminalize skepticism for a scientific issue (e.g. global warming) link

Trying to control the flow of individual packets of data through government enforced "net neutrality."
There simply is no comparison to the anti-free speech zealotry of the Left ... accept in the militant version of the religion they so often defend.
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

There are job openings in the IT Department for the DNC, an organization which prides itself on being inclusive and fostering diversity. However, if you are a straight white male then do not bother applying--they won't even schedule you for an interview.

"Diversity" and "inclusion" the the Democrats means "everyone except straight white males". Apparently it is okay to discriminate against them.

If I were a hiring manager and I singled out any group to tell them "don't bother applying" the Left would be massed at my doorstep threatening to put me out of business.

Post by Avatar »

Zarathustra wrote:Avatar, not everyone threatens you to believe what they believe. Only the Left (and militant religion) has this level of intolerance for speech they don't like.
Isn't militant religion the province of the Right?

What about opposition to same sex marriage, transgender identity, stuff like that?

--A
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

California Democrats hate Trump so much that they have sworn to disallow even one drop of oil from new drilling operations (under the auspices of Trump's offshore drilling plans) to enter, or even move through, their State.

Whatever, California. Perhaps Oregon or Washington will accept the oil, as well as the money from its storage and/or transportation. Worst case scenario: enter into a trade agreement with Mexico and transport it though Baja.
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

Hashi Lebwohl wrote:Perhaps Oregon or Washington will accept the oil, as well as the money from its storage and/or transportation.
sounds good to me! (WA resident.)

vickikraft.houserepublicans.wa.gov/2018/03/03/house-republican-women-oppose-paid-commercial-surrogacy/

This week, the Washington State House of Representatives approved legislation modifying the procedures for determining certain aspects of the legal parent-child relationship, known as the Washington Uniform Parentage Act. The bill makes changes to surrogacy agreements, allowing for commercial surrogacy.

Actions like this are exactly why I no longer identify with the left. I have a hard time understanding why not even the suggestions to have potential "parents" screened with the same standard as adopting parents was supported by Dems.

the future is not what folks in my generation imagined, thats for sure.
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Uhhhh...I think the Republicans are dead wrong on this.

This goes back to the basic principle of being able to do whatever you want with your body. Want to rent out your uterus? Sell a kidney? Charge for sex? No problem by me, as long as all parties are consenting adults.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Post by Revan »

Cail wrote:Uhhhh...I think the Republicans are dead wrong on this.

This goes back to the basic principle of being able to do whatever you want with your body. Want to rent out your uterus? Sell a kidney? Charge for sex? No problem by me, as long as all parties are consenting adults.
What if I wanted to sell my own heart? End my life and raise money for my family.

I'm not challenging your premise of consenting adults can do what they want with their bodies; I'm just curious as to how far you'd take that principal.
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

Hmm.. Well I haven't spent much time in the Tank, so i'm not sure how you stand on abortion, but: what about the rights/consent of the baby? I've got no problem people selling their kidney, but how about a pedo that buys a few babies from a woman lacking money and morals?
Revan wrote:What if I wanted to sell my own heart? End my life and raise money for my family.

I'm not challenging your premise of consenting adults can do what they want with their bodies; I'm just curious as to how far you'd take that principal.
i think suicide is uneccessary but I'm not against someone killing themselves in principle.
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Revan wrote:

What if I wanted to sell my own heart? End my life and raise money for my family.

Your body. That's what you choose, then that's what you choose.
balon! wrote:

Hmm.. Well I haven't spent much time in the Tank, so i'm not sure how you stand on abortion, but: what about the rights/consent of the baby? I've got no problem people selling their kidney, but how about a pedo that buys a few babies from a woman lacking money and morals?
"Consenting adults" is the key phrase. Selling a baby is a no-no.

There are other threads for the abortion discussion, but suffice it to say that I don't believe in killing babies, ether prenatally or postnatally.
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

Cail wrote: Consenting adults" is the key phrase. Selling a baby is a no-no.

There are other threads for the abortion discussion, but suffice it to say that I don't believe in killing babies, ether prenatally or postnatally.
Right on.

I'm not sure it's going to be as abused as some I've read think, but I can see the obvious potential for abuse, sure enough.

Return to “Coercri”