How's everyone enjoying their "Global Warming"?

Archive From The 'Tank

How do you like the Global Warming so far?

This sucks like all get out!!!!!!!!!
58%
Mildly annoying
15%
Who cares, it's only weather
27%
This is kinda okay
No votes

Total votes: 26

Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Hahahaha 😂

Yes the board gets me regularly too 😐

Mmmm.. very interesting Z .. cheers 😁

Youre right if its cost effective that is a primary interest for business.
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Zarathustra
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zarathustra »

Joe Biden … putting the Dem in dementia since (at least) 2020.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

NOAA?

Edit: Ah, I see NASA is also in there.
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Post by Revan »

I'm not going to read through all 50 pages... so I'll just say this: I want global warming. I'm sick of this rainy crappy island that gets about 1 week of sun every 3 years. The weather is as bleak as Mordor, I swear.

I could just move somewhere with better weather and not wish for the planet to burn, billions of lives disrupted, untold suffering and catastrophe just for the chance at some sun... but fuck it; that'll take effort.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Move to Australia Revan .. theres plenty of sun here 🌞
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

I just want the ice to melt away from Antarctica so 1) we can finally see what is under the ice (after all this time, there isn't anything left but bare rocks and some lakes which are strangely not frozen because of the pressure of the ice) and 2) I can move there.
The Tank is gone and now so am I.
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Folks, we have a solution.

Your dog has a yearly carbon footprint of a large SUV. Your cat, about that of a small car. There's no right to pets. No one needs a pet. It's a luxury that's classist and income-shaming in its conspicuous consumption.

Spot & Mittens have to go. I mean, we'll of course do a government buy-back. But the common good outweighs whatever individual desire there is for house pets.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

😂

🙄 .. and if it werent such a blatant dig .. Id say touche 😂

But I can only laugh 😂
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Skyweir wrote:😂

🙄 .. and if it werent such a blatant dig .. Id say touche 😂

But I can only laugh 😂
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Post by Revan »

Cail wrote:Folks, we have a solution.

Your dog has a yearly carbon footprint of a large SUV. Your cat, about that of a small car. There's no right to pets. No one needs a pet. It's a luxury that's classist and income-shaming in its conspicuous consumption.

Spot & Mittens have to go. I mean, we'll of course do a government buy-back. But the common good outweighs whatever individual desire there is for house pets.
Now I feel even guiltier about dating a werewolf.

Curse the day I joined Team Jacob.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

:LOLS:

Team Jacob huh? ;)
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

Out distant ancestors about 11,000 years ago survived a bout of dramatic climate change despite having access only to Stone Age technology. Even if the worst fears come to pass during this century, we will fare much better since our level of technology and ability to adapt are significantly better than what they had.

In short, overblown fears are overblown.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

:LOLS:
And reality is reality 😏

A highly colourful response 😎
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

Today we have one fewer alarmist telling us how we are all wrong, stupid, and evil.
In New York City, a prominent gay rights lawyer named David Buckel died after setting himself on fire as a protest against climate change. In a handwritten suicide note found next to his body in Prospect Park, he explained he doused himself in fossil fuels before lighting himself ablaze as a metaphor for the destruction of the planet. He also emailed news outlets a statement that included: "Most humans on the planet now breathe air made unhealthy by fossil fuels, and many die early deaths as a result--my early death by fossil fuel reflects what we are doing to ourselves."
I have no sympathy whatsoever.

Make sure to send a bill to his estate for the carbon he emitted when he set himself on fire.

Is this the new tactic the alarmists are going to employ? "Stop climate change or I'll set myself on fire" makes about as much sense as a 4-year-old saying "if you don't buy me an ice cream cone I will hold my breath until I die" (except the self-immolater actually dies). If someone wants to set themselves on fire that is their business--the bonfire of their vanity is not my problem.
Rawedge Rim
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rawedge Rim »

Hashi Lebwohl wrote:Today we have one fewer alarmist telling us how we are all wrong, stupid, and evil.
In New York City, a prominent gay rights lawyer named David Buckel died after setting himself on fire as a protest against climate change. In a handwritten suicide note found next to his body in Prospect Park, he explained he doused himself in fossil fuels before lighting himself ablaze as a metaphor for the destruction of the planet. He also emailed news outlets a statement that included: "Most humans on the planet now breathe air made unhealthy by fossil fuels, and many die early deaths as a result--my early death by fossil fuel reflects what we are doing to ourselves."
I have no sympathy whatsoever. Make sure to send a bill to his estate for the carbon he emitted when he set himself on fire.

Is this the new tactic the alarmists are going to employ? "Stop climate change or I'll set myself on fire" makes about as much sense as a 4-year-old saying "if you don't buy me an ice cream cone I will hold my breath until I die" (except the self-immolater actually dies). If someone wants to set themselves on fire that is their business--the bonfire of their vanity is not my problem.
The guy is just f*****g stupid.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_expectancy

in 1900 the world average was 31 years, with very few fossil fuel making the air "unhealthy".

in 2014 the world average was 71.5 with a crap load of fossil fuel fumes making the world "unhealthy".
“One accurate measurement is worth a
thousand expert opinions.”
- Adm. Grace Hopper

"Whenever you dream, you're holding the key, it opens the the door to let you be free" ..RJD
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

In the last 10 years, 3 people in the United States have set themselves on fire for political reasons--a statistic of which I was unaware. Of course, that tells you how memorable those stories are. In that same time, 36 people have self-immolated in China over Tibetan independence; that event has not taken place, either, which speaks to the effectiveness of self-immolation as a means of protest or raising awareness.

In other words, this guy might have wanted to raise public awareness but all that will happen is that his name will go on the list of "people who have committed self-immolation for political reasons" over at Wikipedia while the rest of us forget about it altogether.
Zarathustra
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zarathustra »

What an idiot. By every measure, humans are living better than they ever have. This is not in spite of fossil fuels, but because of them!
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Well there are idiots everywhere .. and yeah stupid. :roll:

At least we can all agree on that.

On the upside my energy bill was down 47 percent 🤷‍♀️ and all due to fixing the pump and our solar panels

Am a happy camper.
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Zarathustra
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zarathustra »

Climate change is 'not as bad as we thought' say scientists
CLIMATE change is likely to be markedly less severe than forecast, a study claimed yesterday. It predicted that the impact could be up to 45 per cent less intense than is widely accepted.

The study in the American Meteorological Society's Journal of Climate predicts temperature rises of 1.66C compared to one IPCC forecast of 3.1C and 1.33C compared to another IPCC study predicting 1.9C.

The 2015 Paris climate agreement sought to limit climate change to 2C above pre-industrial levels and no more than 1.5C if possible.

Mr Lewis, said: "Our results imply that, for any future emissions scenario, future warming is likely to be substantially lower than the central computer model-simulated level projected by the IPCC, and highly unlikely to exceed that level."

Governments around the world base their preparation for tackling climate change on the IPCC models.

Actions include subsidising green energy which has led to higher electricity bills.
It didn't take a study to know this. Every single one of the 100s of climate models that we've been using for the last 25+ years has turned out to be wrong--in other words, those models all predicted higher temperatures now than we currently have. They weren't even close.

So now scientists are finally acknowledging reality. And it looks like the warming is going to be under the Paris Agreement goals without imposing a single restriction that this agreement called for!

Note the bolded section. For ANY emissions scenario! Highly unlikely to rise above that level! Why is that, do you think?

Answer: it's because of what I've been talking for the last year or so. As I read in THE MORAL CASE FOR FOSSIL FUELS, carbon dioxide's contribution to warming is a logarithmic decreasing function. The more you pump into the atmosphere, the less effect is has on warming. And this reaches a maximum level where the effect tapers off ... at much lower temperatures than all the alarmist models have been predicting.

We're going to be fine, folks. Time to burn more fossil fuels for the good of mankind!
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Burning more fossil fuels isnt the advisable way forward ..

From your article
But the study emerged as other scientists said winter waves pounding the Scottish and Irish coasts have grown grow by up to 5ft 6in (1.7metres) over the past 70 years.

Rising sea levels and more intense storms are in line with global warming forecasts.
So any increases in wave heights, and greater frequency of extreme storms, are going to have a major impact on thousands of communities along the Atlantic coastlines of Western Europe.
"This work and our other recent studies have shown both are on the rise, meaning there is a real need to ensure the Atlantic coasts of Europe are protected against present and future storm threats."
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR

Return to “Coercri”