Dolph Ubikwe [Spoilers]

The Gap Into Online Internet Conversation

Moderators: Cord Hurn, Cagliostro

deer of the dawn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by deer of the dawn »

This is just my $.02 worth, but I am relieved at not having to cast people in my mind as people of color because SRD has finally done that. Since most of the people I associate with on a day to day basis are non-white, it bugs me when people are assumed to be white. (In TCOTCTU, I cast Hile Troy as an African American because it suited me, and in 1st and 2nd Chrons there really wasn't any other major character who fit.)

I actually visualize Morn as mixed-race (btw, people here still say "half-caste", but I don't allow my students to use the term; I tell them that the person they are talking about is a whole person, they aren't half-anything, lol).

Maybe it's just me, but I don't recall any physical descriptions of characters ever including dark skin in the 1st or 2nd Chronicles, so it's refreshing to have a black person in the Gap because it's what I'm used to, I suppose. I'm sure it seems paltry, but I felt it worth saying. I also like the feel of the name Ubikwe (Ooh-bee-kway) because those are the kinds of names I hear every day.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle. -Philo of Alexandria

ahhhh... if only all our creativity in wickedness could be fixed by "Corrupt a Wish." - Linna Heartlistener
Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Post by Cord Hurn »

Avatar wrote:Wait, what? You don't get the newsletter? Donaldson Mailing List

--A
I finally fixed that, Avatar, and sent a request to get on the list. I know, it took me long enough! :oops:
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Haha, let us know if you get it...some people (like Jay) never seem to despite being on the list. :D

--A
Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Post by Cord Hurn »

Avatar wrote:Haha, let us know if you get it...some people (like Jay) never seem to despite being on the list. :D

--A
Can do, Av! :thumbsup: :)
Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Post by Cord Hurn »

Avatar wrote:Haha, let us know if you get it...some people (like Jay) never seem to despite being on the list. :D

--A
Sometimes e-mails are mistakenly thrown into the Spam file, so that should be checked from time to time, and the desired e-mail should be labeled "Not Spam". That has happened to me with e-mails from friends on occasion.
Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Post by Cord Hurn »

Cord Hurn wrote:

--A
Can do, Av! :thumbsup: :)
No problem at all getting the e-mail; it came through just fine! 8) :biggrin:
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Haha, good show.

--A

Return to “The Gap Series”