Carbon reducing concrete

Technology, computers, sciences, mysteries and phenomena of all kinds, etc., etc. all here at The Loresraat!!

Moderator: Vraith

SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Carbon reducing concrete

Post by SoulBiter »

Carbon trapping Congrete

Really its carbon neutral. But if they expand this to most concrete globally, it would be like taking 135 million cars per year off the road.
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Wow SB 8O thats awesome.

There is a guy that single use plastics and grinds them up into a pellet like product and sells them asphalt manufacturers and they use them for roads and it produces 60 percent stronger surface than traditional asphalt.

There are some truly amazing initiatives being developed and used.
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

I have worked with asphalt before and I can assure you that melting plastic into the bituminous mix--or replacing the bituminous mix completely--would still make for safe, traffic-worthy roads. The mix to which I refer is basically the leftover crap that petroleum distillation plants can't use for any other product.

The other nice thing about concrete is that it can be used for quick, low-cost housing by pouring the concrete into pre-cast molds or pouring it over an inflatable balloon which then sets into a dome-shaped structure--imagine a hobbit house only not underground. There are also 3D printers using concrete which can build a house in only a week or two.
The Tank is gone and now so am I.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Brilliant Hashi .. so very brilliant isnt it all? I love it .. and I love the initiatives .. how clever clever humans are
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR

Return to “The Loresraat”