Sweet Grace: From the journal pages of Furls Fire

The place for fiction and poetry....

Moderators: deer of the dawn, Furls Fire

Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Post by Cord Hurn »

Thank you for the back story on that, FireSon. I really appreciate it! Your mom did such a beautiful job with all her posts of thoughts about life and love, and I deeply appreciate all the wise insights she's given about Stephen R. Donaldson's Chronicles, too! Her work is a great treasure on the Watch!!! I regret just staying a "lurker" on here from 2009 onward and not joining up immediately and speaking with here via posts while I had the chance. It's really great to know you can still feel her with you!
:hearts: :thumbsup:
FireSon
Stonedownor

Post by FireSon »

You're welcome!

Not sure if you have read the memorial thread Mom set up for my uncle. The Stephen C memorial thread? Here is the actual post from his journal entry the day Chelsea was born.
Stephen C wrote:PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 5:27 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

March 5, 2000 10:38pm

Oh what a blessed day! Tracie gave birth to a beautiful baby girl at 2:11pm. And by the grace of our Lord I was there to bare witness. How radiant she is, how miraculous! Prefect in every way. So tiny, so innocent. Precious gift. Chelsea Grace, we celebrate your coming!

How I wish I were able to watch you grow. These words and journals will be in your mother’s possession after I pass from this life into the next. This I say to you.

Breath of life inhaled, a fanfare of angel-song
proclaims your coming, the beginning moments of you.
God’s gracious gift. How precious you are!
my soul rejoices, carols its welcome to yours,
my heart dances to your sweet music.
you hold all the secrets within you.
light of Heaven aglow with the nimbus
of joy you evoke to enshroud us,
affirm us, bring us hope.

Oh, sweet Chelsea Grace, there in your mother’s arms. What message would you tell if able? Such wisdom in innocence, such peace. I pray your odyssey through this life to be blessed, as you, yourself bless us. May you find love and light, health and gladness, beauty and faith. Beloved baby girl, I hope with all my heart that your dark times will be few, I hope you never suffer the pains this life can bring. You and your brothers and sisters are the closest I will come to children of my own. How dear you are to me. I hope you know as you grow that your Uncle Steve loved you with all his heart and soul, and will be watching over you from Heaven.
Chelsea will be 16 in March. :-)
Be still heart, hold peace, and be still.

Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Post by Cord Hurn »

That's VERY beautiful, FireSon! Thank you so much!
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

Cord Hurn wrote:That's VERY beautiful, FireSon! Thank you so much!
agreed, nothing better to say. :)
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

One other thing to say...three weeks late:

Happy 16th, Chelsea!
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

also late, but happy sweet sixteenth, Chelsea!
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Obi-Wan Nihilo
Still Not Buying It

Post by Obi-Wan Nihilo »

Yet another year has passed. Do they ever show down?
Fire Daughter
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Fire Daughter »

Hi all!

I'm sorry I've been away so long, life is crazy busy for me now. Hope you are all well and happy. Big news for us, we were blessed last May with another baby girl. Her name is Gabriella Soibhan. We call her Gabby and it fits...she loves to babble, especially at her sister and brother. Tracie and Xander will be three soon and they are such joys. We love watching them absorb life.

Dad and the rest of the family are doing well. Heidi, Ryan, Jordan, Tristan, and Micah are all away at their perspective universities and loving it. Chelsea and Imani have begun the college application process, and Stevie, Ayiza, Naheem and Meggie are doing well in school. Stevie is set to graduate high school next year...he's already looking at colleges.

Dad is enjoying his retirement and loves just fiddling around the house and property...and loves to spoil his grandchildren.

Heidi has met an wonderful man, he's a research assistant at Johns Hopkins (where she is also a fellow) and they plan to marry after they have both completed their Ph.D's.

Well, that's a little bit about what's been happening here on the Mountain and beyond.

Mom visits us often.

Love to all and God bless!! :-)
For Myles--
When evening shadows and the stars appear
And there is no one to dry your tears
I could hold you for a million years
To make you feel my love

For Mom--
Did you ever know that you're my hero,
and everything I would like to be?
I can fly higher than an eagle,
for you are the wind beneath my wings.

Fly...fly high against the sky...
Thank you, thank you, thank God for you
The wind beneath my wings

FireSon
Stonedownor

Post by FireSon »

Hey Watch Peeps!

How is everyone? Been a long time since any of us have come here. I was pulled here. My mother sort of "suggested" I make an appearance. But, when I logged in here a few days ago, I couldn't think of anything to post...or where I should post for that matter...so, I asked her. "What should I do there?" And she said simply. "Me." With that in mind, I started looking through her journals and I found this one, written in October 2009, a few days before her birthday. And since her birthday is coming up, I thought it would be a good one to post.

I am going to try to log in under her ID if it still works. If it doesn't, I'll log back in under my own and put the post in it's own window.

It's nice to see you all again.

Peace,
Stephen.

FireSon
Stonedownor

Post by FireSon »

Well, that didn't work. For some reason when I try to cut and paste the entry under both Mom's ID and mine, I get an error message. I will come back later and type it directly in the box. Hopefully that will work.

Furls Fire
Lord

Post by Furls Fire »

Thursday, October 1 2009 11:38pm

Wishes.

Blown from a seeded dandelion, blown from birthday candles kissed on a star. I've been thinking about wishes. How they are fleeting, random moment musings that are often forgotten in the wake of being blown out. I have made my fair share over the years. Were it that I could reach up and pull a box of them from the top closet shelf only to have it suddenly tip to the side and tumble to the floor. The lid coming off. The wishes flying up and out and around me...gleeful in their freeing.

As this night passes, I think about the approach of my 46th birthday. I think about wishes and cake candles. I think about blowing out. What do a I wish for? The end of AIDS, cancer...the end of hunger...the end of war...the end of hatred, inequality, injustice. I wish good health for my family, joy, longevity, faith, light...I wish for time. I wish abundant love for those who have none. I wish for...

Ah Tracie, keep this up and you will "wish your life away." Interesting quote that. Who said it first? And does he or she know how ironic it is when the wish is for more life?

Such things to ponder.

Anyway.

This is mine.

I wish to keep going. And in the wake of all these visions of darkness and storms and illness, I wish to keep going for however long. Yet, like all those wishes that came before it, this one will also be blown to the box on that high shelf, waiting to be discovered, waiting to be toppled over and freed.

Because, in order to come true, all wishes are secret. And kept.
And I believe in you
altho you never asked me too
I will remember you
and what life put you thru.

~fly fly little wing, fly where only angels sing~

~this world was never meant for one as beautiful as you~

...for then I could fly away and be at rest. Sweet rest, Mom. We all love and miss you.

Image Image
samrw3
The Gap Into Spam

Post by samrw3 »

This is wonderful. I am glad you posted. I hope to see more posts.
FireSon
Stonedownor

Post by FireSon »

I'll post more soon.

I can also post some from my uncle's journal as well if anyone is interested in hearing more from him.

I've also been journal writing for about 6 years now. Seems like the thing to do. :-)

FireSon
Stonedownor

Post by FireSon »

Tomorrow is Mom's 55th birthday. I thought I would share this poem I wrote for her last night. Miss you, Mom.

To Mother, On Her Birthday, October 10, 2018

Where you are now
fifty-five is meaningless
a number full of breath

measured
by inhales
that exhale
over the Mountain.

We see you
when the sky seeps mist
when the water morphs
into snow

You
White Lady twirling
in wind

or
at times fire

and we know
you breathe still
just not air
only prayer
only answers.
~Stephen Isaiah

samrw3
The Gap Into Spam

Post by samrw3 »

Wonderful poetry - hope you continue your talent

Return to “The Hall of Gifts”