Insanity of the Left

Archive From The 'Tank
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Its hard to believe anyone could be offended or outraged by clothing, or by a great many things.

The dance video is a strange little mystery .. if it was leaked by some idiot hoping to do her wrong .. it back fired spectacularly. Lesson hopefully learned.

If it was done by someone who found it on YouTube.. its been there since 2010 🤷‍♀️ and they wanted to do her a solid .. well they did.

IF AnonymousQ1776 is AOC .. shes a clever and astute social media user ... and shes learning to astutely use ALTRIGHT tactics .. Im referring here to their Meme Army.

But at the end of the day .. who really gives a flying fuck? Seriously?

A point of order to get outraged about?

And seriously .. why are you incessantly buying in to this notion of left equals malicious intents? Do you even hear yourselves?

Good grief Hashi .. I rarely ever hear this vitriol you accuse the left of ... but I hear a shit tonne of it here in the Tank from you guys .. and you all represent the Right, right?

Have you ever considered that its you that are the ones spreading divisiveness? Maybe its the left too .. but you guys are making a good dent of your own.

Or if that is just too awful to conceive .. and accept ... at least you can concede neither SIDE is better or worse than the ither. And continuing such narratives merely perpetuates the divide.
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Skyweir wrote:Its hard to believe anyone could be offended or outraged by clothing, or by a great many things.
And yet you insist that people were outraged by the video, yet haven't named one.

I can't speak for anyone else here, but I'm a relatively liberal Democrat. Compared to the fascists on the progressive fringe, I look to be very conservative. I'm not.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
Zarathustra
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zarathustra »

Skyweir wrote:

But at the end of the day .. who really gives a flying fuck? Seriously?
All of the major U.S. media outlets treated this as a newsworthy "scandal" without any shred of fact-checking its validity. And they clearly did this in order to paint AOC in a good light, and her critics in a bad light. They allowed AOC to spread this fake scandal to smear the entire GOP without ever mentioning that no one in the GOP ever said what AOC claimed they said. They allowed themselves to be her mouthpiece, spreading her baesless accusation as if it were a fact, because they like AOC and don't like the GOP.

So our most "prestigious" news outlets in America have no problem spreading rumors and myths as if they were facts as long as those myths back up their political orientation and aspirations. This isn't journalism. It's propaganda. And millions of people believe it because it's being told to them by sources they trust, which for some bizarre reason retain their credibility in our society despite example after example where they uncritically report falsehoods without the bare minimum of fact checking as long as it fits their preferred narrative. If it's a Republican speaking, all of a sudden they'll remember their professional obligation to report the facts and make sure they are facts.

The only reason you can think this is no big deal is if you, too, value the advancement of liberalism and Democrats over facts.
Joe Biden … putting the Dem in dementia since (at least) 2020.
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

This is the same media and toxic left that said we needed to listen to the Parkland teens, and that they were above criticism. And they wanted to change the law so that 16-year-olds could vote.

But these teenagers? Fuck them. Punch them in their smug faces.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Whoa again with the violent aggression of the right.

Z dont presume to stereotype me with your bias. Its BS.

I am on the outside looking in at a whole mess of BS. Its all bullshit and tbh not worthy of discussing.

If you want to do something productive in your country build bridges .. not perpetuate BS, and BS concerns.

Honestly its like monitoring school children in a play ground. No offence.

Let go of the outrage and focus on something positive. Doesnt all the BS, media shit etc get you down?

I just cant see this rubbish being a productive way forward.
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Skyweir wrote:Whoa again with the violent aggression of the right.
What violent aggression of the right? There's literally none here. It's the left that wanted to punch these catholic kids and dox them. Seriously. And it got way darker than just punching.

Quit snorting the narrative and pay attention to what's actually happening.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Cail wrote:This is the same media and toxic left that said we needed to listen to the Parkland teens, and that they were above criticism. And they wanted to change the law so that 16-year-olds could vote.

Seriously????

Thats you mate.. do you not know what you write?

You commenting about punching kids in their smug faces is somehow NOT aggressive and violent rhetoric?

Double standards. If you want to be fair and reasonable thats not how. FYI.
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Skyweir wrote:
Cail wrote:This is the same media and toxic left that said we needed to listen to the Parkland teens, and that they were above criticism. And they wanted to change the law so that 16-year-olds could vote.

Seriously????

Thats you mate.. do you not know what you write?

You commenting about punching kids in their smug faces is somehow NOT aggressive and violent rhetoric?

Double standards. If you want to be fair and reasonable thats not how. FYI.
Ummmmm.....You really don't get that? Did you not read the links in my post? You get that that's what the progressive left wanted to do to these kids?

Sky, there's a reason why you're so exasperating and consistently given a hard time here, and this is it. You don't pay attention, you're just looking to score points. At least you're in the arena rather than cowardly making potshots in your signature.
Zarathustra
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zarathustra »

Sky, it's obvious that you're just skimming posts here. Cail's right. And you admitted it in another thread. If you don't take this stuff seriously, fine. But don't criticize us for taking it seriously. It is our country, after all.
Skyweir wrote:Z dont presume to stereotype me with your bias. Its BS.

I am on the outside looking in at a whole mess of BS. Its all bullshit and tbh not worthy of discussing.
Not worthy of discussing? Um, we're discussing it because you brought it up! You bought into the narrative that the GOP was criticizing AOC for dancing, and then repeated this criticism on her behalf. You voluntarily and naively made yourself a mouthpiece for liberal propaganda, and then tell me not to stereotype you? Ok, then don't be a stereotype! Make sure that your accusations are based in reality before you make them. And don't believe something uncritically just because it backs up your preferred narrative and politicians that you like. You're stereotyping yourself when you follow the herd.
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

Skyweir, read the link Cail posted--the author of the article cites people on The Left wishing to know the names of those kids, which basically amounts to doxxing them since we all know the city and school where the event transpired.
George Orwell wrote:In any case, to wear an improper expression on your face was itself a punishable offense. There was even a word for it in Newspeak: facecrime, it was called.

Shiela Jackson Lee is finally being put in her place: she has stepped down from the House Judiciary subcommittee on criminal justice and has resigned as chairwoman of the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation, all as a result of a lawsuit filed by a woman who worked in her office claiming sexual assault against a supervising staffer from the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation. Good riddance!
The Tank is gone and now so am I.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Cail wrote:
Skyweir wrote:Whoa again with the violent aggression of the right.
What violent aggression of the right? There's literally none here. It's the left that wanted to punch these catholic kids and dox them. Seriously. And it got way darker than just punching.

Quit snorting the narrative and pay attention to what's actually happening.
OK FAIR CRITICISM I MISSED YOUR LINKS .. yes I see they are highlighted in a different colour text. 🙄😂😂😂😂😬😬😬😬

Im reading my phone as I travel from property to property.. the light isnt always conducive to distinguishing different colours. Its bright and sunny outdoors 🤷‍♀️

And yes I skim .. Im reading on the fly. Didnt realise I was losing points on that illusive score card Cail thinks I carry lol 😂

So a thousand apologies .. and :oops: I take your points and I totally own my bad.

Anyway moving on.

Yes Hashi Orwellian .. and yes I agree somethings are a step too close to that paradigm. But they are not legal requirements.. it hasnt got that far and is NOT likely to.

I think the issue is whos controlling the narrative.. the fear mongering the calls to arms .. the doomsayers, and preppers.

Is it likely to pass muster? To become the way your society works, operates, functions?

My guess is absolutely no. Why? Because you have checks and balances, administrative laws, the Supreme Court, your Constitution is arguably the greatest certainty in this.

Sure some people are spouting rubbish .. I cringe at demanding a childs identity or a host of kids identities particularly where there is no actual cause.

If there is evidence of cause .. the police, legal counsel will manage suspects or defendants identities .. and look at the facts.

I saw the stupid video footage and have said it seemed to me a storm in a tea cup .. no crimes were committed.. a bunch of people acting like dicks. Thats not an offence.

The media have escalated the sit rep .. beyond the rational or reasonable

It was a rally .. went the way rallies are sometimes prone to go .. opponents chanting and proponents chanting .. a little in your face .. as also is wont to happen .. no violence, no breach of the peace.. nada.

Kids, religious fundamentalists and members of the public transiting through the scene.

Pretty much a non event that has been run away with.
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Gaius Octavius
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Gaius Octavius »

Hashi Lebwohl wrote:Democrats--especially the Progressives--like AOC now because she is new and different. Presuming she wins reelection and time progresses, though, the entrenched Powers That Be are going to expect her to step in line and do what she is told.

To date, her only accomplishment is "got elected to Congress". That's it. As a freshman Member she won't have any real authority or seniority on any committee to which she is assigned.

Extremists are gonna be extremists.
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Another example of the 'tolerant' left. Keep it up Democrats. This is how we got Trump in 2016, and this will get him reelected in 2020.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Again the despicable actions of a few do not represent the many.

Appalling as this was .. hopefully the mob will answer for their criminal behaviour.
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Orlion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Orlion »

Of course, no one wants to read up on "patterns" and "tendencies" of an overall population, especially if they are not part of that population.

For example, gun violence has gone down and continues to go down. That does not stop a lot of lefties from extrapolating a Mad Max scenario of apocalyptic chaos on present day America from admittedly terrible events. This frustrates gun enthusiasts, and they understandably want the other side to see "the bigger picture."

Predictably enough, they tend not to extend that courtesy to the odious "Left."
'Tis dream to think that Reason can
Govern the reasoning creature, man.
- Herman Melville

I am Lazarus, come from the dead,
Come back to tell you all, I shall tell you all!

"All creation is a huge, ornate, imaginary, and unintended fiction; if it could be deciphered it would yield a single shocking word."
-John Crowley
Zarathustra
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zarathustra »

I might have to rename this thread "Insanity of AOC." Either that or start a new thread. She's crazier than the entire Democratic Party.

The things she wants to do are exactly what you'd expect some bartender millennial with no government experience to dream up. Just look at this shit:

AOC's "Green New Deal"

Rebuild every single building in the U.S.

Will end all traditional forms of energy in the next ten years.

Plans to ban nuclear energy within 10 years if possible.

Build trains across oceans and end all air travel!

Don't invest in new technology of Carbon Capture and Storage, just plant trees instead!

Mandates all new jobs be unionized.

May include a carbon tax.

May include cap and trade.

How much will it cost?

No estimate of the total cost of implementing the Green New deal is offered by Ocasio-Cortez.

Ocasio-Cortez doesn't provide any insight into how the trillions of dollars in spending will be paid for other than claiming, "The Federal Reserve can extend credit to power these projects and investments and new public banks can be created to extend credit".

Bus as Ocasio-Cortez says, "the question isn't how will we pay for it, but what will we do with our new shared prosperity".
(I included only the highlights; see link for full article.)

End air travel and all conventional forms of energy in 10 years? This is like something written by a 5th grader. How did people vote for this idiot? How do educated people support her? If you think Trump was an idiot for claiming that Mexico would pay for the wall, but you have no problem with AOC proposing programs that will cost a 1000 times more (possibly many 1000s of times more), without ANY CLUE how to pay for all this, you're a bigger idiot than Trump.

This is batshit crazy.

A high speed train system over all the oceans that would make air travel unnecessary?????

???????

?????

We have been trying to replace fossil fuels with alternatives for at least 40 years, and the percentage of alternative fuels has stayed relatively the same, no matter how much we invest in making this work. That's because alternative fuels can't scale up to our entire society like fossil fuels can. But she thinks we can phase out all fossil fuels AND nuclear power in 10 years?

Guys, this like Trump promising to build a wall around the earth and getting aliens to pay for it.

She's the craziest, looniest, dumbest politician Americans have ever elected. This is flat out embarrassing. Note: this is not even counting the free healthcare, free education, free housing, guaranteed minimum income (even if you don't work), guaranteed government job, etc., etc. She literally thinks she can promise us *anything* no matter how expensive, without any consideration of how to pay for it.
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Man, I'm loving AOC. Nobody's gotten under conservatives' skin like this since Obama 2004. AOC Derangement Syndrome?

My eyes are bleeding from having opened that link. The one source it cites is showing me a broken link, but I think my work server blocks any kind of file servers, as I can't access other sources for it, either. Anybody have a link to the resolution itself in html?

Nothing else I've read on it says anything about eliminating air travel. In fact, a lot of outlets are saying many on the left are down on it for not specifically addressing fossil fuel (or, IMO, how cheap fossil fuels have subsidized and continue to subsidize the wealthy elite at the cost of the worlds' most vulnerable populations).

I say good for her, that it's about damn time, and that it probably doesn't go far enough. People said trying to put a man on the moon was crazy (my high school text book even said, "And someday, we may even put a man on the moon," though that was 1992 and the book was printed in 1964). Just as that effort was ambitious and considered not worth the cost or risk but yielded significant benefits to our country and even mankind, so, too will this, I think (even if the rational side of my brain figures we're all screwed anyway ).

Liberal bastion that China is, they get it. They understand energy security (and food security if you've followed that at all) better than our leaders do. Right now, they're eating our lunch, and while it might partially be because they want to, mostly I think it's because they realize they have to. The sooner we catch on, and the more seriously we take it, the less we'll have to catch up.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Zarathustra
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zarathustra »

[Syl] wrote:Man, I'm loving AOC. Nobody's gotten under conservatives' skin like this since Obama 2004. AOC Derangement Syndrome?
I think you are mistaking "getting under our skin" with "a laughing stock." No one on the Right takes her seriously enough to be scared or pissed at her. She's a joke.
I say good for her, that it's about damn time, and that it probably doesn't go far enough. People said trying to put a man on the moon was crazy
Going to the Moon didn't require that we kill the airline industry or the private health care industry. In fact, research and development in the space industry led to the creation of profitable industries, not their wholesale destruction.

Going to the Moon cost $25 billion in 1969 (for all Apollo fights), which is $171 billion in today's dollars. Her universal health care plan alone would cost over $40 trillion, which is 234 times as much as that. How much do you imagine it would cost to rebuild or refurbish every building in America?? How much do you imagine it would cost to build an energy infrastructure to replace oil for the entire nation? How much do you imagine it would cost to build an intercontinental high speed rail system for then entire fucking planet??

Why don't we just build a Dyson sphere while we're at it?

What she's talking about would cost many times more than the entire U.S. economy. It's absurd, Syl.
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

[Syl] wrote: Anybody have a link to the resolution itself in html?

At the end, a link to NPR on it, in the NPR are links to the rest you asked.

It doesn't really say "eliminate air travel"...it does say upgrade other systems to make air travel unnecessary...
{{BUt it doesn't make any dumb shit thing like "Build trains across the ocean." that I saw}}
That's not gonna happen, I don't think...some things just can't/won't be that localizable.

It also doesn't promise that all of it will be done in 10 years.

It's not gov't spends and makes, it proposes multi-level, multi-pronged, multi-organizational cooperation, public and private. [[including equity stakes, so there is return on investment]].

It's definitely a moon-shot++

It's very likely too optimistic in time frame.

But it is way the fuck better, in every way, than anything any of the opposers/deniers have ever suggested.

https://www.npr.org/2019/02/07/69199730 ... al-outline
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
Zarathustra
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zarathustra »

Vraith wrote:

It doesn't really say "eliminate air travel"...it does say upgrade other systems to make air travel unnecessary...
{{BUt it doesn't make any dumb shit thing like "Build trains across the ocean." that I saw}}
It says, "Totally overhaul transportation by massively expanding electric vehicle manufacturing, build charging stations everywhere, build out highspeed rail at a scale where air travel stops becoming necessary, create affordable public transit available to all, with goal to replace every combustion-engine vehicle."

The only way to "build out highspeed rail at a scale where air travel stops becoming necessary" is to build an international rail system across the oceans.

I repeat: there is not enough money in the entire U.S. economy to do the things she wants to do, not even if you taxed every single person 100%. You guys have to recognize this, right?

But if you don't think it's batshit crazy to (for instance) replace every single combustion engine vehicle in the U.S. with an electric version in the next 10 years, you have just given up your right to call anything or anyone crazy. You have lost all credibility in that regard.

There are 269 million vehicles in the U.S. If we replaced them all with (say) a Prius at $30,000, this would be over 8 trillion dollars. And that's not even a fully electric car, which would necessitate refurbishing our entire country's infrastructure so that there are charging stations everywhere. Not to mention refurbishing our entire energy sector so that none of these cars are charged with electricity generated by fossil fuels. You're talking about a project that is dozens of $trillions, if not 100s of trillions. And that's just for the car idea alone.

Do you guys really think that our money is unlimited? These are Utopian ideas. Just because you think they sound good doesn't mean they are in any way possible. There is no way to pay for everything she wants, not by a long shot.

Return to “Coercri”