Do You Pine for the Age of Magic?

Free discussion of anything human or divine ~ Philosophy, Religion and Spirituality

Moderators: Xar, Fist and Faith

Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

:LOLS:

Right? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Lazy Luke
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lazy Luke »

Skyweir wrote:Right? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Left.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Lazy Luke wrote:
Skyweir wrote:Right? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Left.
Centre.
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Lazy Luke
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lazy Luke »

peter wrote:Yes - there's a bit of me that wants to fall in love with Galadriel (you can tell I'm reading TLOTR at present :lol: ) and discuss our lost history with learned mages reading from leather bound books. Tell me there isn't a bit of you that doesn't want to as well!

;)
Certainly, I do pine for an age of magic!

You see I'm very unlucky with electrical equipement. My guitar and my guitar amplifier, having brought them home broken and repaired by me, are now both nackered again. Something beyond explanation.
My MIDI keyboard pitch wheel is defunct, so that when I attempt to record MIDI music it warps out of tune.
And just recently my Proline CD walkman suddenly ceased to work. I think the anti shock function wasn't tip top to begin with and it's now too sensitive for use - the spin of the disc is enough to switch it off.
On a trip to Scotland last month I brought back a mini stereo guitar amplifier, on the basis that I should buy myself a shiny new guitar. Now I wonder how long it will last, and is it worth the cost to simply repair the broken guitar again.

I do believe in electrostatic magic - a human quality that transforms material atomic structure - requiring no need from an old leather bound book :P
Orlion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Orlion »

I do not pine for an age of magic. I all ready left such a system behind, I prefer the age of Cosmic Indifference and Absurdity!
'Tis dream to think that Reason can
Govern the reasoning creature, man.
- Herman Melville

I am Lazarus, come from the dead,
Come back to tell you all, I shall tell you all!

"All creation is a huge, ornate, imaginary, and unintended fiction; if it could be deciphered it would yield a single shocking word."
-John Crowley
Lazy Luke
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lazy Luke »

Orlion wrote:Cosmic Indifference and Absurdity!

Cosmic Indifference
Over the weekend I was reading notes on the nature of neutrinos - it occured to me that opening the Chakras was akin to the positioning of radio telescopes, like the Jansky VLA in New Mexico - tuning into the voice of God.

Absurdity!
Refining such a study might expand and encompass the stars and the constellations - hearing the music of the spheres.
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

Orlion wrote:I do not pine for an age of magic. I all ready left such a system behind, I prefer the age of Cosmic Indifference and Absurdity!
Oh, duuuuuuudddde! From all I've read of you, you could definitely roughly adhere to a thought of "Cosmic Indifference" [[especially in the sense that the physical laws of nature/universe don't give a shit about you or anything. cuz they can't. If there is any other sense of it.]]

Which everyone should.

But there is no way you live/act---at least from how you speak/tell here--- according to most schools of the Absurd.
At most, you'd be in/on the "Well, yea, absurd...BUT" realms/paths.
[[and one of the roughly optimistic ones, as opposed to totally pessimistic ones]]
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
Orlion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Orlion »

Vraith wrote:
Orlion wrote:I do not pine for an age of magic. I all ready left such a system behind, I prefer the age of Cosmic Indifference and Absurdity!
Oh, duuuuuuudddde! From all I've read of you, you could definitely roughly adhere to a thought of "Cosmic Indifference" [[especially in the sense that the physical laws of nature/universe don't give a shit about you or anything. cuz they can't. If there is any other sense of it.]]

Which everyone should.

But there is no way you live/act---at least from how you speak/tell here--- according to most schools of the Absurd.
At most, you'd be in/on the "Well, yea, absurd...BUT" realms/paths.
[[and one of the roughly optimistic ones, as opposed to totally pessimistic ones]]
I disagree, I'm an absurdist in a Camus sort of way, where nothing has meaning or occurs due to any meaningful plan, but in the end you can embrace that absurdity and create your own purpose (I don't know if the "create your own purpose" is part of Camus, but I think it would fit so long as I know it is me creating it and not an intrinsic part of the metaphysical fabric of the universe).

And like Camus, I'm incredibly handsome and single 8)
- Herman Melville

"All creation is a huge, ornate, imaginary, and unintended fiction; if it could be deciphered it would yield a single shocking word."
-John Crowley
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

Orlion wrote:, but in the end you can embrace that absurdity and create your own purpose

And like Camus, I'm incredibly handsome and single 8)
Heh...that's precisely what I meant by "Absurd...BUT".

On the second...Really? I might know some ladies...or gentlemen, depending on your preference...that are totally absurd, attractive, and single. What's your info/location?? [[as long as you aren't, also like Camus, quite dead.]]
:lol:
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

It just so happens he's only MOSTLY dead.
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Orlion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Orlion »

I also have not won a Nobel Prize in Literature, but I might break it off with some friends over communism :lol:
- Herman Melville

-John Crowley
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Fist and Faith wrote:It just so happens he's only MOSTLY dead.

I concur, I see nothing but the absurd in Orlion πŸ˜‰ lols πŸ˜‚

And that is indeed a big plus on the dating scene, blind or otherwise :P
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR

Return to β€œThe Close”