Internet Explorer

Technology, computers, sciences, mysteries and phenomena of all kinds, etc., etc. all here at The Loresraat!!

Moderator: Vraith

Is Internet Explorer the best web browser available?

Yes
38%
No
38%
You're kidding, right?
13%
There are other web browsers?
13%

Total votes: 8

Nav
Lord

Internet Explorer

Post by Nav »

Does anyone else use an internet browser that isn't the ubiquitious IEx?

I recently reached the end of my tether with it, having exhausted all avenues trying to remove the malicious piece of adware that was causing it to run at snail pace.

Having used Netscape years ago, and finding it to be a pain in the ass, I had a look around to see what else was available. I've now settled on the Opera browser. It rocks! I now have no trouble with adware, presumably because most of it is written for Internet Explorer, and my internet connection is wickedy fast again. Plus it actually logs me in automatically here, which I could never get IEx to do. I intend to register it in the future, but if you don't want to pay, the ad in the corner is pretty bearable.

So, has anyone else had good or bad browser experiences? Has anyone tried Mozilla Firebird? I'm curious as to what that's like as I nearly opted for it instead of Opera.
matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

I tried Mozilla once, but...it...was...slow...

Maybe it just didn't like my particular configuration. Who knows? I couldn't be bothered trying to dig through obscure settings in the hope of making it run better.

Never tried Opera. If it's good at blocking adware, I'm all for that.

I was a loyal user of Netscape until they came out with the horrendously buggy and slow 6.0 version. I've been with Internet Explorer ever since. IE is smooth and fast on my system, so I have no compelling reason to change to anything else (I swear I have not been paid by Microsoft to say that). Sorry to hear it's been a headache for you, Nav.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I've never had a problem with IE. 'Course, I've never tried any other browsers either...
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Ditto
Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Post by Revan »

eh?
Encryptic
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Encryptic »

I'd hardly call it the best web browser available, although it does the job well enough. I used it for years but I just switched over to Firebird/Firefox in the last few months and prefer it to IE now. Tabbed browsing plus built-in popup blocking owns me. :D
Edinburghemma
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Edinburghemma »

I swear by Mozilla. Have used it for a while now, without any problems at all.
The reality is in this head. Mine. I'm the projector at the planetarium, all the closed little universe visible in the circle of that stage is coming out of my mouth, eyes, and sometimes other orifices also.
Nav
Lord

Post by Nav »

The main reason for me ditching IE was the myriad viruses that attack it. Ultimately I found it it easier to get a new browser and let them tear IE to pieces. I've hardly had a single piece of adware since switching to Opera.
Q. Why do Communists drink herbal tea?
A. Because proper tea is theft.

Return to “The Loresraat”