"In accepting a gift you honor the giver."

Hey Newbies, over here first ;) Come on in and tell us more about yourself. IMPORTANT: For new members, please read "New Members Only" BEFORE registering.

Moderators: Savor Dam, Menolly

FulciLives
Servant of the Land

"In accepting a gift you honor the giver."

Post by FulciLives »

Hello!

I am new here so I just wanted to post a quick "Hello"

Also, I wish to thank the person or persons behind this place. Thank you for creating a place where such things may be discussed.

What Has Gone Before:

In my early teens I read LORD FOUL'S BANE. This would have been the mid 1980's or so. I enjoyed the book and wanted to continue reading the other books but somehow it never happened... until now.

I bought a Kindle Oasis in May of 2019 and started buying and reading some eBooks (my first such venture into the world of eBooks). I found myself buying and reading, for a second time, LORD FOUL'S BANE. I since have bought and read the 2nd and 3rd books in the original Trilogy. I am now currently reading the 1st book of the 2nd Trilogy: THE WOUNDED LAND

So far I have been enjoying the books and I intend to continue through the rest of the series as quickly as I can.

- John 'FulciLives' Coleman
"Don't touch me. Hellfire and bloody damnation. Aren't you ever going to learn?"
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Welcome to the Watch FulciLives, be well come and true. :)

Good to have you aboard, but beware of spoilers. The first two Chrons are together in a single forum, so if you look for stuff about the first, you may well stumble on spoilers for the second.

That said, there is plenty else to talk about here while you catch up.

(Also, have you read the Gap series? Mordants Need? I envy you starting this journey afresh. :) )

Wosbald
A Brainwashed Religious Flunkie

Post by Wosbald »

+JMJ+

Welcome!

=========================================================================================================================================================================================================================

I envy you starting this journey afresh. :) ...
Tru dat.

FulciLives
Servant of the Land

Post by FulciLives »

I haven't read anything else by Donaldson but I am interested in The Gap Cycle and, to a lesser extent, Mordant's Need.

I actually remember when these books first came out. In fact, I'm pretty sure I bought the first GAP book in paperback way-back-when but I never did read it and it is since lost (I've moved so many times that I've lost all kinds of stuff).

Priority One, however, is to finish all 10 of the Thomas Covenant books.

Thanks for the warm welcome! :)
"Don't touch me. Hellfire and bloody damnation. Aren't you ever going to learn?"
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Much as I love the Chrons, I think the Gap is SRD's best writing. You have a lot to look forward to. :D

Join in and enjoy yourself. :D

--A
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Be Welcome to the Watch, FL.
Be Well Come and True.
StevieG
Andelanian

Post by StevieG »

Welcome FulciLives! I'd love to hear your impressions on the large quantity of SRD you will be reading :D
Hugs and sh!t ~ lucimay

I think you're right ~ TheFallen

Return to “The Summonsing”