New game ideas

Forum-based role-playing games

Moderators: Xar, Goatkiller666

I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I'm not sure what's even going on in yours, to be honest.
Lefdmae Deemalr Effaeldm
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lefdmae Deemalr Effaeldm »

Basically nothing so far, of all the players only one created a character, can't start like that, so there's only a bit of relatively amusing talk.
A role-player, beware
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Kind of wild reading back the last couple pages of this thread from six years ago. I still feel bad about abandoning Heart of God. I can't remember what my idea for HoG2 was at all.

What I do have a clear memory of is at some point mentioning an idea I had to create a Heart of God follow-up that took the game's frozen-in-time state as it ended and used that as the setting for a more traditional RPG. That was probably no more than a year ago, so I have no idea where I brought it up.

In any case, the idea's kind of stuck with me for a while and I started actually building it today. It was originally pretty barebones homebrew but as I tried to put together a character sheet I found myself borrowing more and more influence from a version of the Powered by the Apocalypse system; certain things I'd not intended to use just started to seem necessary to make a functional game. I'm still on the fence about XP.

I wonder if there are enough people around on the Watch to actually do a game like this. I also wonder if it would work on forums or would have to actually have sessions and stuff over voice chat like a real tabletop RPG.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Eh, if you decide to give it a try I'll probably try too... :D

--A

Return to “Gravin Threndor”