Kingdom Hospital

The Dark Tower and other works of Stephen King.

Moderator: lucimay

Roland of Gilead
<i>Haruchai</i>

Kingdom Hospital

Post by Roland of Gilead »

I'm sorry if this is an old topic . . . but is anyone still following the Kingdom Hospital mini-series?

I must admit that I was losing interest due to its glacial pace, and I dropped it when it switched nights.

King himself on his official website has said he has no idea what ABC was thinking when it changed times and nights.

I think King does a better job with his own material and original screenplays than when he adapts someone else's work. I wonder if this ratings fiasco will impact on the viability of future books being made into television movies?
"I am, in short, a man on the edge of everything." - Dark Tower II, The Drawing of the Three
Usagi
Stonedownor

Post by Usagi »

I simply did not like it.
Furls Fire
Lord

Post by Furls Fire »

I couldn't get into it at all...It got way too gross for me.

yuk!!
And I believe in you
altho you never asked me too
I will remember you
and what life put you thru.

~fly fly little wing, fly where only angels sing~

~this world was never meant for one as beautiful as you~

...for then I could fly away and be at rest. Sweet rest, Mom. We all love and miss you.

Image Image
Jemmy Bloocher
Servant of the Land

Post by Jemmy Bloocher »

Why remake what is oft considered to be a classic, by a superb director? Lars Von Trier come back, all is forgiven...
I just might die with a smile on my face after all.
Roland of Gilead
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Roland of Gilead »

My understanding of the remake was that King was trying to make it palatable for an American audience.

But to me, it was just so very slow-paced. Maybe that's how hospital time feels to a sick or injured patient - fortunately, I have yet to have that experience in my life so I don't know . . . but even so, it doesn't make for very dramatic or exciting television.

The schedule change was the last straw for me and I stopped watching.
"I am, in short, a man on the edge of everything." - Dark Tower II, The Drawing of the Three

Return to “Stephen King Forum”