Triock and Crossed Lightning

A place to discuss the entirety of the Chronicles of Thomas Covenant.

Moderators: kevinswatch, aliantha

Lazy Luke
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lazy Luke »

The One Tree (or Elemesnedene) has moved to differant locations since Berek's time, which means the Collosus of the Fall also has moved around.
wayfriend wrote:
Lazy Luke wrote:I read Gilden-fire a long time ago but have no idea what this has to do with Vain's imprisonment in Elemesnedene! Can you explain?
You can't change the rules now! That's not fair.
It goes both ways my friend.
bikebryan
Ramen

Post by bikebryan »

Huh? Where has it been written that Elemesnedene and the island of the one tree had moved since Berek's time?
Lazy Luke
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lazy Luke »

Yeah, bikebryan. I should post in here more often, its the only time you ever appear. :D
bikebryan wrote:Huh? Where has it been written that Elemesnedene and the island of the one tree had moved since Berek's time?
In the Gradual Interview - not the island, huh!, just the home of the Elohim.
bikebryan
Ramen

Post by bikebryan »

OK. I've not read the entire gradual interview.
Lazy Luke
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lazy Luke »

Savor Dam wrote:Actually, the lightning motif worn by Triock is a family crest, like the pattern of white flowers on the garments of Lena, Trell and Atiaran. He has this on his clothes even when we first meet him in LFB, when he is a simple cowherd, before his training at Revelwood.

Sorry to pour a bit of cold water on an otherwise-intriguing theory.
Water under the bridge, SD.

While interpreting fragments of Kevin's second ward it appears your information is incomplete. Yes, the motifs identify their families but on closer inspection they show much more. Elena, through her clumsy and inexperienced use of Kevin's lore messed up time and space!!!
Triock has to have gained his crossed lightning from the lorestraat, as he wears the emblem on his tunic in LFB reveals a gaping flaw in the chronology.

This is why Stephen made Mithil Stonedown in the semblence of Flintstones' Bedrock. The crossed lightning can represent two pieces of flint. Or putting it differently, how to make fire the Rhadhamaerl way. Raising the question why, Trell does not wear crossed lightning on his tunic???
Lazy Luke
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lazy Luke »

Lazy Luke wrote:
Savor Dam wrote:Actually, the lightning motif worn by Triock is a family crest, like the pattern of white flowers on the garments of Lena, Trell and Atiaran. He has this on his clothes even when we first meet him in LFB, when he is a simple cowherd, before his training at Revelwood.

Sorry to pour a bit of cold water on an otherwise-intriguing theory.
Water under the bridge, SD.
Ok, so I'm not very good in the interpretion of Kevin's wards ... :biggrin: ... but then it seems clear to me now that the Wards stand outside the main storyline, making them very difficult to interpret. However, if (or when) Kevin's second ward were under discussion, for example: In the The Illearth War, *May comes before March. Which of course has no impact on the key storyline, but means a great deal when interpreting the Second Ward.

* Chapter 4, "May be lost"
Chapter 16, Forced March

Return to “The Entire Chronicles”