Is the last chronicles worth reading/listening to?

A place to discuss the entirety of the Chronicles of Thomas Covenant.

Moderators: kevinswatch, aliantha

darthbuzz
<i>Elohim</i>

Is the last chronicles worth reading/listening to?

Post by darthbuzz »

There doesn't seem to be many people about in this forum compared to before the last chronicles.
Is it worth continuing or is this going to be another Game of Thrones?
:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Servant of the Band

Re: Is the last chronicles worth reading/listening to?

Post by Cord Hurn »

darthbuzz wrote:There doesn't seem to be many people about in this forum compared to before the last chronicles.
Is it worth continuing or is this going to be another Game of Thrones?
:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Darthbuzz, I liked the Last Chronicles, and liked it even better than the Second Chronicles, because I enjoyed the complex plot, became proud of Linden's heroism, loved that the Ranyhyn and their servants the Ramen were back, loved newer characters such as Stave, Pahni, Frostheart Grueburn, Esmer, Anele, and the Ardent, and loved that we got to see parts of the Land we hadn't explored before (the upper Mithil River valley, the Last Hills, the Lost Deep many leagues under Mount Thunder, and the southern part of the Lower Land).

I also love that we get to meet one of the Old Lords besides Kevin Landwaster (perhaps I should keep it a secret which one).

The Last Chronicles book that I think is my favorite is Fatal Revenant, and on the whole I liked this later Chronicles series a lot! But you will find that reviews of the Last Chronicles on Kevin's Watch are very mixed!
darthbuzz
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by darthbuzz »

Thank you. 8) This was a dangerous question to ask but you have given nothing away really.
I got half way through FR last time so know most of what you mention.
I am well into Scott 'Audio Covenant' Brick's Runes at the moment so now will carry on till the end.
:)

Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Let us know what you think when youre done. I enjoyed the Last Chrons cuz it was more TCTC ... but in some ways its a departure from the first two chrons. Not necessarily a good or bad thing .. just to me different.
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR

Return to “The Entire Chronicles”