Horizon Zero Dawn

Zap! Woo hoo! High score! Computers, Consoles, and everything electronic.

Moderators: Cagliostro, lucimay, Creator, Sorus

Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Horizon Zero Dawn

Post by Cagliostro »

Have played some demos of Monster Hunter, of which I was totally unimpressed with, I figured I had no interest in this for what small amount of stuff I saw about this game. A friend of mine bought it and suggested it to me, and I found myself with a little extra money to spend on games, and so I took a chance and picked it up. It is quickly rising to be one of my favorite games of all time. Well conceived, great characters, top class world building. If you like a good story (and this being a Donaldson website, I can't imagine you wouldn't), and felt something during Shadows of the Colossus, yet would like it populated more and actual dialogue and fighting and a pretty big backstory, I would expect you might fall for this game as well. I haven't finished the thing yet, and I've already sang its praises in another thread, so hopefully the ending isn't a letdown.
Anybody else played this? Does it hold up in the ending?
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

It's a really good game, but it does suffer from the usual problem of most modern open world games, where a lot of the stuff in that open world is essentially repetitive busywork like radio towers and enemy camps. You can spend a lot of time doing exactly the same things you also do in Far Cry, or Batman, or any of a dozen other franchises.
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

Yeah, but unlike other open world games I have played, this all seems distinctive to me, and is just enjoyable enough wandering around the landscape.

I've been done with the game for a couple weeks, and I miss it.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
Rigel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rigel »

It's coming to Steam this summer. I expect it'll keep me busy until the release of Cyberpunk in the fall.
"You make me think Hell is run like a corporation."
"It's the other way around, but yes."
Obaki, Too Much Information

Return to “PC & Console Games”