Child's Play (2019)

The KWMdB.

Moderators: dANdeLION, sgt.null

peter
The Gap Into Spam

Child's Play (2019)

Post by peter »

Lars Klevberg's remake of the 1988 original will no doubt please those who enjoy their gorno tongue in cheek and in fairness should not be taken in any way seriously - but having said that I'm going to get all moralistic on it anyway.

Thing is, you have films where the violence is an adjunct to the story (and often indispensable to it) and you have films where the story is simply a vehicle for the violence. This is absolutely one of the latter. And to make it even more unpleasant, the story is so weak and uninteresting that it might just as well have been dispensed with altogether. The whole thing was simply terrible with bone shatteringly unpleasant interludes thrown in for the viewer to wince over as the main course in a pointless meal of brutality.

Chucky? More like Up-Chucky I'd say!
The truth is a Lion and does not need protection. Once free it will look after itself.

....and the glory of the world becomes less than it was....
'Have we not served you well'
'Of course - you know you have.'
'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
samrw3
The Gap Into Spam

Post by samrw3 »

I agree I did not like this movie at all.

The only part I liked at all is that it had seeds to be a much better movie. The movie could have made some interesting points about future of technology and our relationship/s with that future.

Imagine if they had developed a better story and screenplay with the child bonded with the evil possessed techno-doll and by doing so the child becoming evil. Yes there are some sequences in the movie like that ...but the way the movie played it out was sloppy and like you said for the cheap kill.

If only ...they had developed that story line better and built a stronger moralistic movie around that base....I know that is high ideals for a genre cultish type movie....but they planted some seeds that could have gone there....

But yes save your money...my rating 1 and half stars out of five.
Not every person is going to understand you and that's okay. They have a right to their opinion and you have every right to ignore it.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Got this on my planner 😉

Will return and report 😛
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR

Return to “Flicks”