President Trump

Archive From The 'Tank
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Respectfully, I won't follow the link. My household doesn't need those sights and sounds.

Not saying Blake is a good guy, but the bit about "His victim was 14" was entirely bogus. I'd also still call out the word "convicted"; one may assume his yet-untried guilt, but why add the word?

I wouldn't comment on
sgt.null wrote:WF - you are defending a rapist.
but the bit about the victim's age prompted a little research. It wasn't hard; I recommend it. The discrepancies, especially about "His victim was 14" and to a lesser extent, the jump from charged to convicted are part of why disinformation like this spreads.

Again, no praise for Blake. He appears to be deserving of arrest. However, these added details to the story aren't random misinterpretation. Wherever this is coming from are intentionally pushing a sensationalized false narrative on top of the bare facts of the case...and not even doing a good job of it, if we take a minimal amount of time to fact-check.

Why do you suppose they do that?
Why do you suppose it works?

Please check stuff.

[edited since I see Nano advanced a similar assertion while I was tortuously crafting my prose.]
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Yes .. definitely agenda driven dissemination of information.

And the guy doesn't have a criminal record, and the charges did not involve the rape of a minor.

Even in law enforcement you'd be a lot more careful with THOSE kinds of slanderous comments.
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

I was mistaken. He is accused of sexual assault of his ex girlfriend.

Blake was charged July 6 with felony third-degree sexual assault and misdemeanor trespassing and disorderly conduct. All three offenses carried a penalty enhancer because they were connected to domestic abuse.

The charges — which have not gone to trial — stem from a May 3 incident in Kenosha County. A woman Blake knew told police he came into her house about 6 a.m., sexually assaulted her and then took a debit card and car keys before fleeing in her vehicle, according to a criminal complaint. Contrary to many social media claims, the woman involved in this case was an adult.

Our review of court records shows a confrontation at a Racine County, Wisconsin, bar led to a combative traffic stop and a total of five criminal charges in September 2015, including resisting an officer, disorderly conduct and three gun-related ones.

But those charges were later dismissed on a motion from prosecutors, said Racine County Clerk of Circuit Court Samuel Christensen. The court file said it was dismissed in February 2018 “due to witness issues and age of the case.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Please understand that my perseveration was not about "Sarge was mistaken"; who among us hasn't been? Respect for owning it.

There is a lot of pernicious and intentional disinformation being pushed. From a lot of different angles; no polarity is innocent of this. Heard any questionable stories about Kyle Rittenhouse? Same tune, different lyrics.

Just suggesting we all be wary and turn over at least a few rocks before echoing / amplifying claims, especially ones that escalate passions.

Peace. Courage.
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

I appreciate it. Blske is still a rapist scumbag, but just not the kind I was led to believe. If he had been prosecuted and sentenced he might not bedn free to commit further crimes.

The DA in question should have to answer why his trial never happened.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Sarge, surely you know that the wheels don't turn that fast. Dude did his deed in May, didn't get charged until July; that he hasn't been tried by the end of August is nothing uncommon.

Not saying it is right, but it is incontrovertibly the way it is.
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

~ Barbara Reinhold

~ George Bernard Shaw
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

the first set of charges got dismissed SD. Lots of times if a DA isn't convinced that they can win a case or its too much work they'll let the case time out.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Gaius Octavius
American Royalist and Admirer of All Things British

Post by Gaius Octavius »

Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Definitely grounds for concern
“The country is polarizing! We must be organized and ready for the possible coming of the second civil war,” the Wisconsin Liberty Militia Facebook group’s description read

Since its creation, residents of the rural areas spanning the Madison and Milwaukee areas to Kenosha County actively posted on the page, our analysis of the page’s archived posts and comment threads showed. About a dozen users served as the group’s administrators or founders, monitoring its content.
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Skyweir wrote:Definitely grounds for concern
“The country is polarizing! We must be organized and ready for the possible coming of the second civil war,” the Wisconsin Liberty Militia Facebook group’s description read

Since its creation, residents of the rural areas spanning the Madison and Milwaukee areas to Kenosha County actively posted on the page, our analysis of the page’s archived posts and comment threads showed. About a dozen users served as the group’s administrators or founders, monitoring its content.
I would rather be ready if a second civil war broke out, than not ready cause I doubted it could ever happen.
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

I wouldn't worry about them--when they encounter the Wisconsin National Guard the militia will back down and go home. They are incorrect about one thing, though, and TF might appreciate this--they are using the present participle (action which is still occurring in the present) "polarizing" when they should have used the past perfect (actions in the past which are complete) "has polarized".

The likelihood of any second civil war depends upon the results and aftermath of this November's election. The probability has increased, yes, but it is still sufficiently low as to be dismissable.

Anyway....none of the stuff in the last two pages has one iota to do with Trump, who is on his way down to the Gulf Coast to do what POTUSes do--show up at the scene of natural disasters and figure out what they can do to help.
The Tank is gone and now so am I.
Wosbald
A Brainwashed Religious Flunkie

Post by Wosbald »

SoulBiter wrote:
Skyweir wrote:Definitely grounds for concern
"The country is polarizing! We must be organized and ready for the possible coming of the second civil war," the Wisconsin Liberty Militia Facebook group's description read

Since its creation, residents of the rural areas spanning the Madison and Milwaukee areas to Kenosha County actively posted on the page, our analysis of the page's archived posts and comment threads showed. About a dozen users served as the group's administrators or founders, monitoring its content.
I would rather be ready if a second civil war broke out, than not ready cause I doubted it could ever happen.
See: The First Law of Holes.

Law of holes
========================================================================================================================================================================================================================
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The first law of holes, or the law of holes, is an adage which states: "if you find yourself in a hole, stop digging".[1][2] Digging a hole makes it deeper and therefore harder to get out of, which is used as a metaphor that when in an untenable position, it is best to stop carrying on and exacerbating the situation.

[...]

SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Edit to add. - seems that the Biden campaign is getting g worried about the direction of polling. I suspect they realize they have opened Pandora's box and the rioters have no loyalty to them.

To WOS on his prev post- Being ready for the future is not analogous to getting out of a hole. Step 1 stop digging. Now if I was out instigating riots, threating business owners and residents, then that would apply. Amanda it should apply right now to those rioters and looters that are actively doing these things.

A better analogy would be, make sure you aren't bringing a knife to a gun fight.

For me. I have plenty of arms and a decent amount of ammo to handle most things that would come my way. The ammo shortage is concerning so I have loaded up on a few things that would be handy if the shit hit the fan.
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
Wosbald

Post by Wosbald »

+JMJ+
SoulBiter wrote:[...]

To WOS on his prev post- Being ready for the future is not analogous to getting out of a hole. ...

[...]
Proving Sky's point by doubling-down, however, is.

SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

I dont want to seem dense but...... what???
Wosbald

Post by Wosbald »

TheFallen
Master of Innominate Surquedry

Post by TheFallen »

“The country is polarizing! We must be organized and ready for the possible coming of the second civil war,” the Wisconsin Liberty Militia Facebook group’s description
Hashi Lebwohl wrote:I wouldn't worry about them--when they encounter the Wisconsin National Guard the militia will back down and go home. They are incorrect about one thing, though, and TF might appreciate this--they are using the present participle (action which is still occurring in the present) "polarizing" when they should have used the past perfect (actions in the past which are complete) "has polarized".
I absolutely do appreciate any linguistic nicety - though to be a stickler on this, the tense used in that quote should correctly be termed as the "present progressive" (which TBF does use a present participle accompanied by an auxiliary verb in its formation). Furthermore, your suggestion Hashi ("has polarised") is actually a present perfect and not a past perfect or pluperfect (which would have been "had polarised"). Here endeth the lesson.

I'd agree that the country has indeed by now pretty much entirely polarised. However I would also note that the narratives and forces that have helped engender said polarisation are still very firmly in existence and fully operational, with no sign whatsoever of being dialled down, either in intensity or frequency.
Newsflash: the word "irony" doesn't mean "a bit like iron" :roll:

Shockingly, some people have claimed that I'm egocentric... but hey, enough about them

"If you strike me down, I shall become far stronger than you can possibly imagine."
Still Not Buying It

Post by Obi-Wan Nihilo »

Foreign Policy Restraint Was Winning At The RNC
In the Trump era, one thing seriously underreported by the mainstream media has been the massive foreign policy shift occurring on the right. Nowhere was this more apparent than the Republican National Convention.

Here are excerpts from President Trump's primetime speech, which capped off the convention (emphasis mine):

"Joe Biden spent his entire career outsourcing their dreams and the dreams of American workers, offshoring their jobs, opening their borders and sending their sons and daughters to fight in endless foreign wars, wars that never ended.

"Unlike previous administrations, I have kept America out of new wars, and our troops are coming home.

"We will have strong borders. And I've said for years, without borders, we don't have a country. We don't have a country. Strike down terrorists who threaten our people and keep America out of endless and costly foreign wars."

This is a significant shift in rhetoric compared to the American right once stereotyped by neoconservatives. Back in 2015, when most expected Jeb Bush or Marco Rubio to win the Republican nomination to run in 2016, criticism of the Iraq War was restricted to small pockets of the party's politicians-mainly Sen. Rand Paul. Then, the GOP was widely seen as the 'pro-war' party.

The most stunning part of this shift has been the exodus of prominent neoconservatives from the Republican Party, including the many staffers for George W. Bush, John McCain, and Mitt Romney who have endorsed Joe Biden. David Frum, who wrote Bush's "Axis of Evil" speech in 2002-a significant step toward the Iraq War-is now a prominent Trump critic. The exodus of these Bush-era neocons started as soon as Trump won the nomination, and they have since found an ideological home among the corporate media and embraced by left-leaning institutions..

Though the president's tone and character is routinely scrutinized, the foreign policy establishment's opposition has nothing to do with character-issues. The dispute is largely over policy, and over the now-ascendant rhetoric that explicitly rejects neoconservative orthodoxies.

That rhetoric isn't brand new to the GOP. In many ways, it's a reversion to a more traditional foreign policy-in the tradition of Eisenhower, Nixon, or Reagan. Congressman Matt Gaetz fits the mold. "President Trump is the first President since Reagan not to start a new war," said Gaetz during his convention speech. He then decried "decades of war without winning, without end."

Rand Paul fits in a similar, even more old-school GOP tradition. "A strong America cannot fight endless wars, we must not continue to leave our blood and treasure in Middle East quagmires," said the non-interventionist Kentucky Senator.

Sure, many GOP interventionists remain, including Nikki Haley, Dan Crenshaw, and Tom Cotton. All three of these politicians-each committed to maintaining and even expanding America's footprint in the Middle East-have been floated by the Washington establishment and by Republican superdonors as future presidential-ticket material.

It's also true that this shift in rhetoric hasn't always seen a policy follow-through. President Trump just announced a significant reduction in U.S. troops in Iraq, but 3,500 troops still remain. U.S. troops also remain in Afghanistan after nearly two decades and little progress on the ground in nearly ten years. And we're still mired in Syria's civil war.

But there has been some follow through, aside from troop reductions here and there. Trump, several times, has resisted calls to up the ante with Iran-aside from the time he blew away Iranian general Qassem Soleimani. And he's resisted calls from neoconservatives to place more troops in combat zones. In fact, the most glaring lack of follow through has been the neoconservatives he has appointed to prominent posts in the administration, including John Bolton, who consistently pushed for him to take greater military action.

The American right has likely shifted permanently on foreign policy, despite the best-efforts by the interventionist wing. That's because there's some ideological coherence to Trump's foreign policy, and it more closely aligns with the desires of grassroots conservatives than with the schemes of the media darling neoconservative pool.

Generally, the Trump Doctrine has two key bedrock principles. First, it seeks to focus on domestic issues over foreign policy issues. Second, geopolitics is seen primarily through the lens of economic competition, not military power, and economic and financial leverage is used instead of boots on the ground.

This is seen in Trump's approach to Iran: He's been incredibly hawkish on Iran, but has opted for economic sanctions over military action-again, with the notable exception of the Soleimani strike.

This is also seen in Trump's approach to China: Where the Washington establishment would like to continue business ties with the Chinese, but up military confrontation, the Trump doctrine views the rise of China primarily through the lens of economic competition. Here, Cotton and many other neoconservatives are hawkish on China, but take a different approach-instead of emphasizing production at home, they wish to build up U.S. bases in the region and boost military ties with China's neighbors.

Nowhere is the difference between the Bush-era establishment and the Trump Doctrine more clear than in the approach to the Middle East. The Trump doctrine says that it is stupid for America to get bogged down in the Middle East, because that distracts from serious economic and cultural issues here at home, and from the rise of China. Neoconservatives like Cotton and Haley oddly see the Middle East as a vital part of U.S. security.

None of this is to say Trump's foreign policy has been entirely coherent, or correct on every front. But there is an ideology behind it, and that ideology is shared by many. Trump's approval ratings are far higher than George W. Bush's ratings in his second term, the last Republican president who represented the peak of neoconservatism in the party. The American people also share Trump's affinity for activism without placing boots on the ground-the public both supported the Soleimani strike, but are also highly skeptical of American boots on foreign soil, especially in the Middle East.

The battle for restraint on the right is clearly not over. But the fact that there is a battle, combined with the exodus of neoconservatives, and the ascendancy of pro-restraint rhetoric provide reason for hope.

This is pretty incredible. Say about Trump what you will, but rejecting the neocons and the Bush/Obama doctrine of foreign intervention is completely out of character for a major political party.
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Obi - one of the strangest turns is Democrats advocating for war because Trump is against it.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Obi-Wan Nihilo
Still Not Buying It

Post by Obi-Wan Nihilo »

sgt.null wrote:Obi - one of the strangest turns is Democrats advocating for war because Trump is against it.
Cindy Sheehan must be very confused.

Return to “Coercri”