The Latest Potentially-Explosive Racially-Charged Murder

Archive From The 'Tank
Obi-Wan Nihilo
Still Not Buying It

Post by Obi-Wan Nihilo »

sgt.null wrote:Ur - I have no idea where you live but here in Texas there is no fear of blacks owning guns. One of my friends who used to work with me talk about guns all the time. We swap gun videos and stories. We haven't had a chance to go shooting because of real life.
Not a thing here in Florida. The more the merrier.

With that said, gun control laws stemmed from Jim Crow. Most people in the 2A community view gun rights as civil rights, and are colorblind in who exercises those rights and how they're exercised.
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Skyweir wrote:SB you are investing a great deal of faith into a
obviously heavily edited video footage and the narrative that accompanied its agenda driven pov.

Id say we will just have to wait for those arguments to be argued in trial.
Not really. I am going by the evidence that I have seen. I have given the caveat that there could be other evidence that has not been released to the public that could change my mind. I wasnt worried about the narrative of the video as much as watching what Kyle was doing before he shot the first guy. All other things aside. He was running away. Trying to disengage. That will be key in the defense.

But your second statement I 100% agree with. We will have to wait to see what comes out of a trial. At that point we will possibly see additional evidence on both sides of this.

Here is what also might happen. If the prosecution, after reviewing the evidence doesn't feel like they can get a conviction, they might ask for a guilty plea on a lesser offense. (possibly illegal possession of a firearm). There will little point of going to court if law is clear and the evidence is clear.
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

ur-Nanothnir wrote:

Something I have observed within the 2A gun enthusiast community is that there are negative attitudes towards black gun ownership. I've seen blacks go to buy a gun within Cabela's and basically be turned away from the white salesman, not even doing a background check for the firearms purchase or anything. Just literally zero interest in selling a gun to a black man period.

I have lived in multiple States and frequent hunting and firearms store fairly regularly. I see POC buying guns and ammo with no issues. I have NEVER seen a person of ANY color turned away unless they couldn't meet some minimum requirements to purchase a firearm. Heck I got turned away once because I had forgotten my licence. No big deal I went home and got it and came back and made my purchase.
ur-Nanothnir wrote:
The rule of law doesn't always apply equally, and if certain people had their way, the 2nd amendment would be "whites only." After all, a lot of white hunters want to shoot a good ol' "young buck."
OMG of you are implying what I think you are, then you are full of shit. PEOPLE in general may have a twisted mind and want to shoot someone. White, black, etc etc. But its no more prevalent in any community. Matter of fact you are saying you know what is in someones mind that you have never meant. Sorry that isn't fact, its wild supposition.

ur-Nanothnir wrote:
This is what people are angry about. Selective enforcement of the law.
Its part of what people are angry about and rightly so.
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

100% agree.
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

The systemic racism in law enforcement that did exist was set up by Democrats. The south has moved away from that, to the dismay of the DNC.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Gaius Octavius
American Royalist and Admirer of All Things British

Post by Gaius Octavius »

sgt.null wrote:The systemic racism in law enforcement that did exist was set up by Democrats. The south has moved away from that, to the dismay of the DNC.
I've personally met a correctional officer who works for a prison system in my state. He complained to me about those "fucking n---rs" in the prisons.

Of course, that's not proof of widespread racism among southern law enforcement officers (active LEO), but from my experience it definitely exists. Where I come from, Brazil nuts are called "n----r toes" and people say "well their lives don't matter here" in reference to BLM. Take a place with such ingrained racism, and of course anyone working as a LEO in this community is likely to have the same attitudes as the general population around them.

I'm different only because I was raised in TX, and racist attitudes weren't as prevalent as my birthplace. My parents did their best to not raise me to be a racist. When visiting family, my parents told my relatives not to say the N-word around me or talk about race. They hated it, but respected my parents' decision.

So maybe it is true that it isn't that much of a problem in Texas, but there are parts of the south that are straight up Jim Crow Era in their mentality and views of race.

Also your continued effort to associate the current Democratic Party with its past is laughable. The overwhelming majority of Democrats are anything but racist. Republicans, the party of Lincoln, have grown more accepting of it over time. However, I don't believe in the whole "they switched their ideologies"/Southern Strategy bullshit either.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Im not from the that south ... but Id be lying if I were to say theres no racism in law enforcement... just like theres sexism and a range of other isms and obias 😉

I am sure there have been times when I have been racist ... as a fully subscribed member of white privilege, some times its not always easy to identify in yourself.

I have often had to question myself over a position Ive taken throughout the years.

I think half the battle is honestly looking inward.

The issue however of systemic racism is that its galvanised by the type of organisational work culture you are part of.

Its not easy to challenge a toxic work culture at the best of times but a lot harder when you belong to a minority.

I read an excellent study into racism in law enforcement that really captured the crux of the issue.

And that issue has generationally galvanised racism and created the reactionary responses that we can witness in police handling of blacks in custody. Ill see if I can find it and Ill link it here.
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

ur-Nanothnir wrote:
sgt.null wrote:The systemic racism in law enforcement that did exist was set up by Democrats. The south has moved away from that, to the dismay of the DNC.
I've personally met a correctional officer who works for a prison system in my state. He complained to me about those "fucking n---rs" in the prisons.

Of course, that's not proof of widespread racism among southern law enforcement officers (active LEO), but from my experience it definitely exists. Where I come from, Brazil nuts are called "n----r toes" and people say "well their lives don't matter here" in reference to BLM. Take a place with such ingrained racism, and of course anyone working as a LEO in this community is likely to have the same attitudes as the general population around them.

I'm different only because I was raised in TX, and racist attitudes weren't as prevalent as my birthplace. My parents did their best to not raise me to be a racist. When visiting family, my parents told my relatives not to say the N-word around me or talk about race. They hated it, but respected my parents' decision.

So maybe it is true that it isn't that much of a problem in Texas, but there are parts of the south that are straight up Jim Crow Era in their mentality and views of race.
Not sure where you live... many of those things you talk about I haven't heard in 35 years. I grew up in the deep south and lived there most of my life. I heard terms like that as a kid/teenager, but as the years have gone by those are terms I had forgotten about. I don't use them, I don't know anyone who uses them anymore and if I did, I wouldnt associate with them. Are there people who still think that way? Absolutely, but this idea that the South are still living in a Jim Crow era is BS. I see more racism since I moved above the Mason Dixon line than I saw in the last 20 years in the South.

I would also point out that although there are those that say racism is limited to Whites, I will strongly disagree. I went to a predominantly black school 5th grade through 8th grade. There were many black kids (of course at the time my age) that called me everything but my momma's son. Cracka, crackahead, White bread, Honkey, lint head. And I distinctly remember a discussion at a table where they all laughed while saying Whites smell like left over chicken.

Racism crosses all boundaries of color and creed and should be stamped out.
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

SoulBiter wrote:There were many black kids (of course at the time my age) that called me everything but my momma's son. Cracka, crackahead, White bread, Honkey, lint head. And I distinctly remember a discussion at a table where they all laughed while saying Whites smell like left over chicken.
I disbelieve you if you are claiming that these comments expressed that black people are superior to white people. (In fact, they mock white peoples' feelings of superiority, which is not the same thing.)

And if you're not claiming that, why are you holding it up as an example that "blacks are as bad as whites"?

When you stretch the truth just to make one race look bad, now that's racism. Please recognize it.
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

There is one person on KW that is dead to me. If there was a block button it would be used.

Have a great day.
TheFallen
Master of Innominate Surquedry

Post by TheFallen »

...and that's the issue in a nutshell. If you dare to indulge in WrongThink (tm), you are irredeemably and morally culpable as a racist, even if unwittingly so.

SB, your perfectly valid and justifiable interpretation of and judgement on events that you yourself directly experienced in your past are unfortunately utterly invalid. Furthermore, because they do not fit with the CorrectThink (tm) narrative, you are therefore to be castigated to the highest degree as morally reprehensible.

Why can you not SEE that "whites smell like left-over chicken" is a BLATANTLY CLEAR piece of socio-cultural mockery aimed SOLELY AND SPECIFICALLY at white feelings of superiority??? HOW can you be so BLIND???

Report immediately to Pod #12549-C for corrective brainwashing, you unapologetic racist, you. Or face the wrath and excoriation of the Pure Ones.

:roll:

Forget Animal Farm and even 1984... this is starting to get seriously Clockwork Orange...

*** Added Edit ***

Powers that be... seriously??? Not that I personally give a shit about it, but if you're going to go banging on about ad hominem attacks being frowned upon, what the living fuck more of a perfect - and may I say, continuous - example could you possibly want?
Newsflash: the word "irony" doesn't mean "a bit like iron" :roll:

Shockingly, some people have claimed that I'm egocentric... but hey, enough about them

"If you strike me down, I shall become far stronger than you can possibly imagine."
Still Not Buying It

Post by Obi-Wan Nihilo »

TheFallen wrote:Powers that be... seriously??? Not that I personally give a shit about it, but if you're going to go banging on about ad hominem attacks being frowned upon, what the living fuck more of a perfect - and may I say, continuous - example could you possibly want?
This is what I noted in that thread. There's a long-established pattern with this particular poster. There's a stickied thread from the admin about this sort of behavior, and yet here's another example of the behavior the admin specifically warned about.

One can only assume that the offender knows that he can operate with impunity.
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

TF - Clockwork orange!! Man I need to re-read that. its been years.

There are some that have this mistaken belief that there Whites are either inherently racist or have been polluted by ingrained racism. However Blacks (or POC if you prefer) can't be racist in any way because they don't hold the "reins of power" for lack of a better term, in this country.

I cant control what others believe nor will I try. But from my personal past unless you have lived in a very minority majority area, you will find it difficult to know just how easy it is for the tables to turn and for the racism to be on the other side. I will not "Dox" myself but the area I lived in was poor and rural. The area I lived in, in that poor rural area was even more poor. Those that could afford to send their kids to private or home-school did, that meant the schools tended to have an even higher majority minority than the census would show.

Back to the topic. Well it appears that some of the elected officials that got doxed are now moving because of their safety. The hypocrisy is astounding because they were OK when everyone else was being vandalized and harassed. But now that its them, they now need to move.
Zarathustra
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zarathustra »

wayfriend wrote:
SoulBiter wrote:There were many black kids (of course at the time my age) that called me everything but my momma's son. Cracka, crackahead, White bread, Honkey, lint head. And I distinctly remember a discussion at a table where they all laughed while saying Whites smell like left over chicken.
I disbelieve you if you are claiming that these comments expressed that black people are superior to white people. (In fact, they mock white peoples' feelings of superiority, which is not the same thing.)

And if you're not claiming that, why are you holding it up as an example that "blacks are as bad as whites"?

When you stretch the truth just to make one race look bad, now that's racism. Please recognize it.
So when talking about blacks, you're sticking to the strict definition of racism, "thinking that one race is superior to another," but when faced with a white person's words, racism can be defined so loosely, that merely mentioning racial slurs that blacks use to denigrate whites, as an example that blacks engage in racist behavior, too, suddenly becomes racist behavior.

He wasn't stretching truth to make one race look bad. He was relaying his own truth, his own experience. And you just shit all over it to make him look bad. You're not a good person, WF. Please recognize it.
Joe Biden … putting the Dem in dementia since (at least) 2020.
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

Trust me blacks can be racist. I deal with it st the prison.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Lazy Luke
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lazy Luke »

It must've been about 20yrs ago when a I first heard a coloured bloke call me 'boss'.
'Thank's boss' - I felt both insulted and guilty at the same time. Nowadays I hear white folk saying it too.
Frikkin evil!
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

I dont think anyone can or should throw stones .. 1. Why? What purpose does it serve. 2. Plus when it comes to racism ... that is an evolving concept 3. Pretty sure many things people say and do are unwittingly racist .. I mean ffs a stupid maple syrup brand name that has been used for years and years has only recently been deemed inappropriately racist.

My parents were racist ... to their generation that was a norm.

None of that is entirely relevant today to the incidents of black deaths in police custody. THAT is an irrefutable problem, that is not advanced by white people getting bent out of shape because of a discussion like this.

I see wayfriends point is not to condemn you or anyone ... but to identify those things that look like racism - and how to recognise it in different commentary and different scenarios.

We too quickly react to issues like this on both sides ... maybe I am alone in not always seeing my biases. Though if Im honest it only takes a little introspection to recognise the truth or error of an observation.
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

I recognize racism when I see it, such as when Joe Biden had the nerve to tell black Americans that they weren't black unless they voted for him. I have heard other black Texans call Lt. Col. Allen West "Uncle Tom", which is a racist slur.

Black Americans have almost nothing to fear from white Americans since the number one predator of black Americans is "other black Americans".
The Tank is gone and now so am I.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

TheFallen wrote:Powers that be... seriously??? Not that I personally give a shit about it, but if you're going to go banging on about ad hominem attacks being frowned upon, what the living fuck more of a perfect - and may I say, continuous - example could you possibly want?
And what type of ad hominem do you perceive that to be? Sounded more like an appeal than an attack to me.

On the one hand, I certainly don't discount SB's anecdote. Surely nobody is so naive as to think that there are [pi]not[/i] racists amongst other races.

That said, I've never been a big fan of the "yes but they do it too" argument. Somebody else doing it too is pretty damn irrelevant when we're talking about "you" (generic you) doing it.

Finally (that said) I think it would be likewise unfair to discount the effect of non-white's experience of racism in contributing to their own likelihood of either being actively racist or using that sort of language.

(I hope that made sense. :D )

--A
TheFallen
Master of Innominate Surquedry

Post by TheFallen »

Avatar wrote:And what type of ad hominem do you perceive that to be? Sounded more like an appeal than an attack to me.
Let me get this straight...

You're trying to draw a distinction between:-

a) "You're a racist"

and

b) "(Please) recognise that you're a racist!"

and then presumably the to all intents and purposes identical

c) "Admit it! Confess! Admit that you're a racist, you racist!"

Best of luck with any attempt to insert that impossibly thin razorblade...

Should I then be using language like "Please recognise that you're a fractious little tosser" - or possibly "Please recognise your fractious little tosserishness" - in order to clear this bizarrely indistinguishable bar or standard? Really?
Newsflash: the word "irony" doesn't mean "a bit like iron" :roll:

Shockingly, some people have claimed that I'm egocentric... but hey, enough about them

"If you strike me down, I shall become far stronger than you can possibly imagine."

Return to “Coercri”