2020 Presidential Debates

Archive From The 'Tank

So, who's winning the Presidential debates?

Trump of course - he steamrollered Biden
No votes
Biden of course - Trump made himself look like a blustering fool
44%
Winning? This farcical pantomime was cringingly embarrassing
56%

Total votes: 9

sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

https://www.al.com/news/2020/10/alabama ... biden.html

Second debate mod worked for Biden.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

First debate mod worked for Fox News, which works for Trump.

sarge was nothing but crickets about that.
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

Fox News and Trump have not been the best of friends in the last two or three years.

Biden should be inspected for listening devices. I could easily believe that one of his handlers gives him the answers on the sly. Not that it matters--no person in recent history has been convinced to vote for someone because of a debate. What we see are not debates but only slightly controlled circuses. An actual debate would not feature questions which were pre-screen by one or both candidates.
The Tank is gone and now so am I.
Gaius Octavius
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Gaius Octavius »

Come on, you surely don't believe the hidden mic conspiracy theory, do you? If he's using a hidden mic in order to get fed answers, he isn't getting his money's worth, I can tell you that.
peter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by peter »

I'm voting for the fly on Mike Pence's head.

;)
The truth is a Lion and does not need protection. Once free it will look after itself.

....and the glory of the world becomes less than it was....
'Have we not served you well'
'Of course - you know you have.'
'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

ur-Nanothnir wrote:Come on, you surely don't believe the hidden mic conspiracy theory, do you? If he's using a hidden mic in order to get fed answers, he isn't getting his money's worth, I can tell you that.
No, I don't really believe that....but I do support Trump's decision not to attend the virtual debate--both candidates would be cheating by having staffers off-camera holding up cue cards of the answers. What's the point? That's not a debate--that's acting.
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

There is a marked difference between how Trump reads a set piece vs. how he speaks extemporaneously. It isn't hard to tell the difference.
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
Gaius Octavius
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Gaius Octavius »

The Commission on Presidential Debates is now requiring that the second debate, which is expected to take place on October 15, will be virtual in light of Trump's COVID diagnosis. The president has already refused to take part in the debate because "it is meant to protect Biden."

You're damn right, it is. The president is ill with COVID and is being as opaque as possible about his infection status. It is not in Joe Biden's, nor the audience's, best interest for Trump to show up in person because either he, or his staff and family, could infect people.

Trump's refusal to take part in a virtual debate due to these extreme circumstances highlights his cowardice to face-off with his opponent after a blistering defeat in the first election.
Gaius Octavius
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Gaius Octavius »

Hashi Lebwohl wrote:
ur-Nanothnir wrote:Come on, you surely don't believe the hidden mic conspiracy theory, do you? If he's using a hidden mic in order to get fed answers, he isn't getting his money's worth, I can tell you that.
No, I don't really believe that....but I do support Trump's decision not to attend the virtual debate--both candidates would be cheating by having staffers off-camera holding up cue cards of the answers. What's the point? That's not a debate--that's acting.
That would be a valid concern, actually.

However, they tried to make the debate happen on October 15. You have to give them credit for that.

It simply isn't safe to have an in-person event with the infection spreading like wildfire among Trump campaign staff and family members, especially with Trump still having an active infection.
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

The debates are finished, the election is finished, and now this thread is finished.

Return to “Coercri”