Ruth Bader Ginsburg dies

Archive From The 'Tank

Are you excited about the future of the Supreme Court following the death of Ruth Bader Ginsburg?

Yes
50%
No
50%

Total votes: 6

Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

:LOLS:
“Null” wrote:Let everyone see how ugly the Democrats really are
Wow ... just wow 😮

Your hatred of the left skews your ability to discern fact from fiction, truth from lies and agenda driven misinformation. It’s making you both blinkered.

So now that Rose Garden ceremony has resulted in multiple COVID diagnoses including the POTUS ... the pubs are still pushing forward with Barrett’s nomination hearings next week.

There is no stopping that from happening now. Pretty sure the Dems could ever interfere anyway. So?

Trump has not gained any ground post-COVID. And rightly so ... he courted COVID, mocked sound, reasonable mitigation measures ... downplayed THAT real threat.

He is not fit for presidential leadership, he is incapable of leadership.
Last edited by Skyweir on Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

Sky - so tell me what I said about the Democrats is untrue? I dislike them because I am opposed to genocide and slavery. I should not be opposed to those things?
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Gaius Octavius
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Gaius Octavius »

sgt.null wrote:Sky - so tell me what I said about the Democrats is untrue? I dislike them because I am opposed to genocide and slavery. I should not be opposed to those things?
Strawman argument. No one is arguing for those things except the white nationalists, who are allied with Trump, by the way.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

PRECISELY!!!!

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

ur-Nanothnir wrote:
sgt.null wrote:Sky - so tell me what I said about the Democrats is untrue? I dislike them because I am opposed to genocide and slavery. I should not be opposed to those things?
Strawman argument. No one is arguing for those things except the white nationalists, who are allied with Trump, by the way.
Trump has denounced white Nationalists. Your side is born of them.

Biden was friends with at least one Klan member.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Byrd

Biden's eulogy at Byrd's funeral.

"Bishop, Reverend Clergy, Mona and Marjorie, the entire Byrd family—if you didn't already know it, it's pretty clear the incredible esteem your father was held in," Biden said in his opening remarks.

Bishop, Reverend Clergy, Mona and Marjorie, the entire Byrd family—if you didn't already know it, it's pretty clear the incredible esteem your father was held in," Biden said in his opening remarks.

https://www.newsweek.com/joe-biden-givi ... te-1535776

"In the early 1940s, Byrd recruited 150 of his friends and associates to form a local chapter of the Ku Klux Klan, a designated hate group"

I wonder if any of those 150 Klan members lynched anybody?
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Finally!

Even FOX described as “ Trump Now Says He Condemns 'All White Supremacists,' After Declining To At Debate”
Days after President Trump declined to denounce white supremacists during a nationally televised debate, sparking outrage from Democrats and many Republicans, he sought to lay the controversy to rest, telling Fox News Thursday that he condemns right-wing hate groups such as the KKK and the Proud Boys.
Not particularly inspiring 😉 a declaration after his messaging to Proud Boys during the debate.

As to the assertion that Biden used the -n- word twice it is taken completely out of context. Remember that nuancing we talked about - this is it’s value:
As presented, the video implies that the words spoken by Biden were his own opinions, when actually he was quoting a white legislator and trying to expose the comments as racist.
It’s been fact checked extensively .. you can read here https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/mobile. ... SKCN24N30U

And
During the two-day hearing, Biden quoted these words from a white legislator who opposed the Louisiana redistricting plan in 1981, a case that was criticized for being biased against Black people. Biden mentioned the case to argue against Reynolds’s nomination
The people who are both creating and running Trumps campaign adds have a rather convenient disclaimer which reads:
Paid for by the Committee to Defend the President which is responsible for the content of this message. Not authorized by any candidate or candidate’s committee. www.committeetodefendthepresident.com
I’m sure Trump gets to see and agree to the content nevertheless. As assertions like this appear as talking points amongst Trumpers.

As you yourself have yet again erroneously referred to this here.

It’s very difficult to sift through the BS to arrive at somewhere near the facts, the actual facts.

But once one knows what is correct it behooves us to act upon them.

As to Biden and Byrd - that has also been fact-checked and you can read the findings here:
https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/mobile. ... SKBN23O2K1
Social media users have been sharing a photograph online and claiming that it shows Senator Robert Byrd as the Grand Wizard of the Ku Klux Klan (KKK). The photograph does not portray Byrd. Byrd was never the Grand Wizard of the KKK.
It’s not fun learning that the information sources you have relied upon are nothing more than febrile misinformation machines.

Like many slanderous lies they often contain some elements of truth:
Byrd was not a Grand Wizard of the Klan. He was, however, a former organizer and member of the KKK. A Washington Post article reviewing Byrd’s memoir explains these years in more detail ( here ). Byrd later renounced his membership to the organization...
We all grow and learn ... Byrd was not much different. He moved on ... carried with him some non-essential baggage in consequence. But none of that means Biden is a KKK sympathiser as you would paint him. Fairs fair, no?
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Sky - we've had this talk before when we posted the Trump is a racist myths.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/ ... 883336002/

When Trump made his remarks about very fine people in Charlottesville he was talking about the status debate. Trump said "I'm not talking about the neo-Nazis and the White nationalists."

when Wallace asked President Trump during the debate if he was willing to denounce “white supremacists and militia groups,” and Trump answered "sure, I'm willing to do that,"

Read the full article.

I never made the Biden claim about him using the n word. I'd not heard that one. Biden has plenty of racial problems though.

I never said that Byrd was a wizard or dragon or whatever. What I will say is he was a racist son of a bitch who recruited 150 racists to join the KKK. I have asked why we don't have a report on the activities of those 150. Did they lynch anyone? Did they recruit others who lynched anyone? And yes, when it became a political burden, Byrd renounced his days recruiting racists into the KKK.

Did Joe Biden Say He Didn’t Want His Kids Growing Up in a ‘Racial Jungle’? Snopes says true.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/biden ... gle-quote/

Biden at the time had emerged as the Democratic party’s crusader against busing, taking the same side as segregationists. Biden “joined up with Jesse Helms, the segregationist senator from North Carolina, to offer his own anti-busing amendment to that year’s education spending bill.” Biden’s “advocacy made it safe for other Democrats to oppose busing,” The Times reported.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/joe ... r-n1021626

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics ... sts-donors

Biden is a bit to comfortable with racists for my tastes.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Jezus Null 🤦‍♀️

What some Byrd dude said or did has zero bearing on Biden. You attempted to conflate the two - you can’t.

Again context - the quote is from 1977 ... that’s 43 years ago ffs 🤦‍♀️ I don’t think the same way as I did 43 years ago!! 🙄🤦‍♀️
In the 1970s, then-Sen. Joe Biden was a vocal opponent of busing as a means for desegregating public schools. And that record haunts him in his bid to secure the 2020 Democratic presidential nomination.

In early March 2020, readers asked Snopes to verify a quote in 1977 in which Biden, then a U.S. senator representing Delaware, allegedly expressed fear that desegregation, if not done in an “orderly” way, could result in his children growing up in “a racial jungle with tensions having built so high that it is going to explode at some point.”
Do you have other ACTUAL issues of concern.

Try looking at Trumps demonstrably racist past. NOT MYTH. There are court records and documentary evidence.

But what we have here is purely a slag-off 🤷‍♀️

Pointless and substance-less. You have nothing of substance to offer - so you revert to digging up non-substantiated dirt.
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Second wind Sky?

If i hang out with racists enough, it should cause you to question my beliefs. Especially if I was racist enough to recruit 150 other racists to join s terrorist organization.

Joe's beliefs about desegregation bothered Kamala Harris right up she signed on to be his vice presidential candidate. She also said she believed the woman who said Biden sexually assaulted her.

So either Ms. Harris was wrong at some point or she is lying st some point. Incompetent or dishonest?

You posted a list of Trump's supposed racist behsviour. I have now refuted that list twice. Are you going to make me do it a third time?
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Gaius Octavius
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Gaius Octavius »

Trump being a racist sycophant: Well-documented
Biden being a far-right, racist, Marxist, Communist, whatever: Just Fox News horse shit
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Ur - well give us your proof of Trump's racism. We have Biden on record with his.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

"Racist" is just a Liberal talking point used to trash-talk someone; it has no real meaning any more. Consider, if you will, the Congressional Black Caucus which has, in its founding charter, wording that specifically prevents anyone from joining who is not black. Hispanic Members of Congress have applied to join the CBC and have been turned down because of the color of their skin--this is the textbook definition of "racism".

Anyway....Barrett's hearings are set to begin on 12 October. If we are lucky they will have the final vote by Halloween, just in time for the election. Incidentally, when did it become a thing to acronymize everyone's initials? News sources are calling her ACB--just use her name, for pity's sake.
The Tank is gone and now so am I.
Gaius Octavius
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Gaius Octavius »

Funny that "racism is just a meaningless talking point" is exactly the kind of propaganda being pushed by white supremacists nowadays.

"Call me racist! I don't care! It has no power!"
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

It isn't funny--actual racism is a real and very nasty thing for someone to encounter. The reason I say it doesn't mean anything anymore is because organizations like Hasbro/Wizards of the Coast did things like ban cards such as Cleanse in all official formats because "zomg this card is racist!"...even though they did not do anything about other cards such as Liliana's Defeat or Dark Betrayal or even Mass Calcify. There is no logic to this sort of "we are pushing back against racism" becuse the cards are not racist.

Even something as inocuous as "disagreeing with a black person" or "not nominating a black actor for Best Actor at the Oscars" will be labeled "racist" by social media. Neither of those things are racist.
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

ur-Nanothnir wrote:Funny that "racism is just a meaningless talking point" is exactly the kind of propaganda being pushed by white supremacists nowadays.

"Call me racist! I don't care! It has no power!"
You are a parody of WF , and he is already a joke.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Quit it Sarge.
Hashi Lebwohl wrote:It isn't funny--actual racism is a real and very nasty thing for someone to encounter. The reason I say it doesn't mean anything anymore is because...

...Even something as inocuous as "disagreeing with a black person" or "not nominating a black actor for Best Actor at the Oscars" will be labeled "racist" by social media. Neither of those things are racist.
I pretty much agree with that, at least with the caveat "necessarily."

I certainly agree that making "racist" the knee-jerk reaction to even any semblance of conflict between people of different races is both devaluing the very real issues involved, and (again) alienating people who would otherwise agree with at least some, and perhaps many, of the positions.

Like BLM it's bad management and bad PR. (If only they had added a Too to the end of that, much would have been avoided I feel.)

--A
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

I guess the other two judges from the first case don't count since they were not mentioned?

On the second....homosexual behavior will never be re-criminalized so no one needs to worry about that. This is not an Islamic country.
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Hashi Lebwohl wrote:On the second....homosexual behavior will never be re-criminalized so no one needs to worry about that. This is not an Islamic country.
The same people said that black voters would never be suppressed again. But it started happening within minutes, literally, when the Voting Rights act was struck down.

They also said racism was dead when Obama got elected.
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

This thread derailed from being about Justice Ginsberg a while ago. She is gone, Barrett is on the Court, and so the thread is not needed any more.

Return to “Coercri”