Avengers: Endgame

The KWMdB.

Moderators: dANdeLION, sgt.null

Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

I am totally with you that scene WAS touching. I loved it .. it WAS a gift. And you are both Hashi and HLT right it had been a truly difficult period for Thor.

Thor is such a loveable character ♥️ but yes I doubt he could best Thanos.
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Lazy Luke
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lazy Luke »

At 3hrs running time I waited for the DVD. My friendly neighbourhood cinema just doesn't have seats comfortable enough for that length of viewing.

I watched all four movies last weekend, back to back. And enjoyed the Infinity War best of all. Endgame was Ok.
However, my fav scene had to be the slow paced conversation between Nat and Capt.A, with the peanut butter sandwiches.
They almost broke the fourth wall, but for a slight parallax.
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

I casually rewatched these over the last two weeks and now they just piss me off--how stupid are the scriptwriters, anyway?

Avengers
Thanos, who has had this plan to gather all the Infinity Stone for years now, even before the events of this movie, decides to casually give away the Mind Stone so Loki can go get the Space Stone for him? Bullshit--he starts going after the others. Loki, being in possession of two Infinity Stones, does not decide to use them for his own ends? Bullshit--he portals himself back to Asgard, mind-controls is father, and assumes the throne.

Avengers AoU
Okay, I didn't actually have too much about this one other than Ultron doesn't make himself a body out of vibranium? Bullshit. He is going to upload himself into a stem cell/vibranium body linked to the Mind Stone? Besides, his plan is to meteor the planet because he hates Tony Stark that much? He has access to the Internet--all of it--so he should be able to figure out that a meteor strike like that won't kill everyone and will take at least months, if not years, before things stabilize again.

Avengers Infinity War
Loki has the Space Stone and doesn't portal them all away when Thanos attacks? Heimdall doesn't use the Bifrost to get everyone to Earth? erm...okay. Dr. Strange does not immediately time stop everyone and send Thanos' thugs--their names aren't even important--to another dimension? *shrug* Bruce had his hands on Thanos, so couldn't Strange use some sort of tracking spell to locate Thanos based on that? Once there, time stop again and take the stones he had (would have been only Power and Space at that moment).

Avengers Endgame
Just for the sake of discussion, let's presume that they can get the quantum realm time machine working. Why not go back to 2012, convince the Ancient One that the Stones get destroyed in the future, have her travel forward in time with Bruce to Thanos' garden planet, reverse time to reconstruct them--but keeping Thanos time-stopped--then the Ancient One goes back to her regular time line? End result: all 6 Stones exist again and can be used to un-blip everyone?
For a more direct solution....Strange looked forward in time so he would have seen that Thanos destoyed the Stones. Couldn't he use his Time Stone to travel forward in time a week or two, un-destroy them, travel forward again another 5 years, give them to Wong, then go back to his original point in time and wait for events to unfold as they do?

I don't think I will watch those again any time soon--it is too aggravating at this point becaue the scriptwriters don't think about these things.

edit/add/more ranting: I even forgot to mention the extreme plot hole that got opened when Loki portaled out back in 2012 with the Tesseract. Loki should now no longer be in prison on Asgard, won't be there to help Thor with the Dark Elves, and the Tesseract shouldn't be in Asgard to eventuallyfall into Thanos' hands. Sure, it still exists in that timeline but we don't know where. Marvel is just hoping we all forget about that.
The Tank is gone and now so am I.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Quite often the answer to questions like these is "because then there wouldn't be a movie".
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

I'm Murrin wrote:Quite often the answer to questions like these is "because then there wouldn't be a movie".
Sometimes, I would rather have "no movie" than "good god, there are so many plot holes and contrivances that I can't watch this".
The Tank is gone and now so am I.
Rigel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rigel »

Your post, Hashi, perfectly sums up why I don't watch Marvel movies anymore (unless there's an outside draw like, say, Taika Waititi directing one).

I care about the things you are complaining about. Marvel fans don't. So, I skip them.
"You make me think Hell is run like a corporation."
"It's the other way around, but yes."
Obaki, Too Much Information

Return to “Flicks”