Book 3 on Great Gods War coming out soon or what?

Main forum for site announcements, suggestions, and help.

Moderators: Savor Dam, Vain

kevinswatch
"High" Lord
Location: In the dark, lonely cave that dwells within my eternal soul of despair. It's next to a Pizza Hut.

Book 3 on Great Gods War coming out soon or what?

Post by kevinswatch »

Come on SRD, get off your butt and write faster! I want to hear what happens to Bifalt and Estie!

-jay
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

:LOLS:

Don't we all
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Jay wants the author to write faster ... there's GOT to be a joke in here somewhere ...
kevinswatch
"High" Lord
Location: In the dark, lonely cave that dwells within my eternal soul of despair. It's next to a Pizza Hut.

Post by kevinswatch »

Sigh. That book is never going to be released. I was enjoying that series so much more than the Last Chronicles, too...

-jay
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Good thing I haven't started them yet. :D

--A
samrw3
The Gap Into Spam

Post by samrw3 »

Wait what? Is that official that book nt going to be released or just frustration that it is taking so long?
Not every person is going to understand you and that's okay. They have a right to their opinion and you have every right to ignore it.
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Publication, at least in the US, is a bit up in the air at the moment.
There're a number of threads about it.

Donaldson's Publishing Woes
The Last Repository
"The Killing God" news
samrw3
The Gap Into Spam

Post by samrw3 »

Yep I have read the other threads.

I was just surprised that Jay was giving up or appeared to be giving up. He is closer to SRD than most (possibly all?) of us. So to read that post was leaning more in not promising territory than other posts.
Not every person is going to understand you and that's okay. They have a right to their opinion and you have every right to ignore it.
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Jay doesn't give up. Even if it takes years to finish a book, he finishes it.
kevinswatch
"High" Lord

Post by kevinswatch »

Ha! For the record, I think I finished Book 2 of Great Gods War in, hm...maybe a year?

And for the record, I have zero connections with SRD, ha.

-jay
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Haha, lol'd when I saw that. :D

--A
samrw3
The Gap Into Spam

Post by samrw3 »

kevinswatch wrote:Ha! For the record, I think I finished Book 2 of Great Gods War in, hm...maybe a year?

And for the record, I have zero connections with SRD, ha.

-jay
Ah well what do I know
:D

Assumptions always lead to problems. Just assumed you needed SRDs some degree of blessing to set up this site and have it linked in his website.

Shrug....guess we will hear eventually what is going on..but it is several months past January when SRD thought he could share more news. So that is not too encouraging.
zakyfarms
Servant of the Land

Post by zakyfarms »

I really hope this ends with the book's publication, but for now, I'm just glad I haven't started the series yet (purchased, but not read) and I doubt I'll ever start another series until it's complete.
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

To each their own.

I read Seventh Decimate when it came out and (as is typical for me with first volumes of SRD series) wondered where he was going. Still, "Trust SRD" has been a mantra for decades.

The War Within completely vindicated my patient faith. The characters met in the first book develop further and the new characters are every bit (if not more) compelling. This is going somewhere.

I've read both volumes at least three times and eagerly await the The Last Repository / The Killing God.

Yes, the waiting is the hardest part...but if I had all three books available at once, I would go through them like a dog goes through its supper. One volume at a time compels me to savor SRD's prose and plotting, noticing details that would be lost in a mad-dash reading of the story.
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
zakyfarms
Servant of the Land

Post by zakyfarms »

Savor Dam wrote:To each their own.

I read Seventh Decimate when it came out and (as is typical for me with first volumes of SRD series) wondered where he was going. Still, "Trust SRD" has been a mantra for decades.

The War Within completely vindicated my patient faith. The characters met in the first book develop further and the new characters are every bit (if not more) compelling. This is going somewhere.

I've read both volumes at least three times and eagerly await the The Last Repository / The Killing God.

Yes, the waiting is the hardest part...but if I had all three books available at once, I would go through them like a dog goes through its supper. One volume at a time compels me to savor SRD's prose and plotting, noticing details that would be lost in a mad-dash reading of the story.
I don’t mind waiting, I really don’t. But I’ve lost faith that this book will get published. I hope I’m wrong. But I think I’m happier not having started the series than being left with a cliffhanger.
Niftium
Woodhelvennin

Post by Niftium »

zakyfarms wrote:I really hope this ends with the book's publication, but for now, I'm just glad I haven't started the series yet (purchased, but not read) and I doubt I'll ever start another series until it's complete.
Does that mean that you too are waiting for Walk in Shadow and feeling burned?
zakyfarms
Servant of the Land

Post by zakyfarms »

Niftium wrote:
zakyfarms wrote:I really hope this ends with the book's publication, but for now, I'm just glad I haven't started the series yet (purchased, but not read) and I doubt I'll ever start another series until it's complete.
Does that mean that you too are waiting for Walk in Shadow and feeling burned?
I’m not an Erickson fan, so no.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

*gasp* What an evil thing to say!!!

:lol:
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
zakyfarms
Servant of the Land

Post by zakyfarms »

Fist and Faith wrote:*gasp* What an evil thing to say!!!

:lol:
:lf:
kevinswatch
"High" Lord

Post by kevinswatch »

Savor Dam wrote:To each their own.

I agree with this fully. I had the same experience. The Seventh Decimate was kind of interesting. Better than the Last Chronicles, so it kept my attention.

The War Within was awesome. Definitely more on par with classic SRD. Estie was a great new character. Can't wait for more. A shame he's having such a trouble getting it out the door.

-jay

Return to “Announcements + Suggestions + Q&A + Help”