Erikson: Tales of Witness

Malazan and other stuff.

Moderators: lucimay, Onos T'oolan

Immanentizing The Eschaton

Erikson: Tales of Witness

Post by Avatar »

Well, finished The God Is Not Willing, the first Tale of Witness.

It's basically a sequel to The Book of the Fallen, set 10 years after The Crippled God.

New gods and warrens have arisen, the world is changing, the Malazan Empire appears to be thriving under the rule of Mallick Rel.

I enjoyed it a lot. Ended up being pretty brutal, but it was great to be thrown back into the world of the Malazan marines, and to catch up with a few old characters as well.

Looking forward to the rest.

--A
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Argh! Annoying that I still won't have it for more than a month!
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Iolanthe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Iolanthe »

I've also read (or rather listened to) this and thoroughly enjoyed it apart from the female soldier (I can't now remember her name) who is a mixture of a young Hermione Granger and one of the Famous Five, hopping in and out of shadow! Pleased to see an old friend from Darujistan in a new light. I thought the audio was brilliant - the reader (again, can't remember her name) was fantastic; the accents really believable. I read it twice in quick succession as I have memory problems now, and as you see I've already forgotten all the names! I look forward to the next in the series.
I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order!

"I must state plainly, Linden, that you have become wondrous in my sight."
Holsety
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Holsety »

The weasel/stoat/whatever, I think it's name is Creature, owned by one of the malazan soldiers, is once described as something like "it was just smart enough to know how stupid it was, which made it extremely angry." This is a very similar description to one of the descriptions of the Prince of Lether in Midnight Tides (can't quite remember how it is put, but he's described as ignorant and aware of his ignorance).

Return to “Steven Erikson Forum”