Ravers

A place to discuss the books in the FC and SC. *Please Note* No LC spoilers allowed in this forum. Do so in the forum below.

Moderators: kevinswatch, Orlion

tj4242
Servant of the Land

Post by tj4242 »

You can try this link. In pdf and the original visio.
https://1drv.ms/f/s!ApBI-5q-uCfSr6cLTQ8gbS_NvOz_-A
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
tj4242
Servant of the Land

Post by tj4242 »

Awesome. If anyone has Visio and finds a mistake, they can still download the that file and fix it.
Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Ravers

Post by Cord Hurn »

Alas, I don't have Visio. I just noticed two minor things, perhaps something a Raman would more likely notice.

The Raver turiya Herem possessed the Ramen Cord Whane, and the Raver moksha Jehannum inhabited the Raman Cord Lal.
In [i]The Power That Preserves[/i] Chapter 17 was wrote: In short sentences, Banner indicated that the Ramen had been able to defeat the attack on their covert, thanks to the Giant's prodigious aid. But the battle had been a long and costly one, and the night was gone before Bannor and Foamfollower could begin to search for Covenant and Lena. ("Ur-viles!'' Foamfollower muttered at Covenant's injury. "This will not heal. To make you captive, they put their mark upon you.") The Manethralls permitted only two Cords, Whane and Lal, to aid in the search. For during the night, a change had come over the Ranyhyn. To the surprise and joy of the Ramen, the great horses had unexpectedly started south toward the sanctuary of the mountains. The Ramen followed at once. Only their mixed awe and concern for the Ringthane induced them to give Bannor and Foamfollower any aid at all.

So the four of them began the hunt. But they had lost too much time; wind and snow had obscured the trail. They lost it south of the Roamsedge and could find no trace of Covenant. At last they concluded that he must have gained other aid to take him eastward. Together the four made what haste they could toward the Fall of the River Landrider.

The journey was made slow and arduous by kresh packs and marauders, and the four feared that Covenant would have left the Upper Land days ago. But when they neared the Colossus, they came upon a band of ur-viles accompanied by the Raver, Herem-Triock. Then the four were dismayed to see that the band bore with it the Unbeliever, prostrate as if he were dead.

The four attacked, slew the ur-viles. But they could not prevent the call which Herem sent. And before they could defeat Herem, rescue Covenant, and retrieve the ring, that call was answered by the dead Elena, wielding the Staff of Law. She mastered the four effortlessly. Then she gave Whane to Herem, so that Triock's anguish would be more poignant. When Jehannum came to her, that Raver entered Lal. Covenant knew the rest.
DrPaul
Giantfriend

Post by DrPaul »

variol son wrote:samadhi sheol possessed (that we know of):

the king of doriendor corishev
1 of the 3 giant brothers of 1 birth (satansfist)
the na-mhoram (gibbon & others)

turiya herem possessed (that we know of):

the demondim (lead 2 spawning of ur-viles & waynhim)
1 of the 3 giant brothers of 1 birth (kinslaughterer)
yeurquin
triok
cord whane
the stone creatures that took TC & LA thru mt thunder 2 kiril threndor

moksha jehannum possessed (that we know of):

the demondim (lead 2 spawning of ur-viles & waynhim)
1 of the 3 giant brothers of 1 birth (fleshharrower)
the man who went 2 souring woodhelven 2 make them distrust TC
cord lal
the stone creatures that took TC & LA thru mt thunder 2 kiril threndor
linden avery herself

also we know that either moksha jehannum or turiya herem or both possessed marid, the bees, the rats, the spider, & all the other things that bit TC in the 2nd chrons.

i may have missed a few, but i think thats most of them.

sum sui generis
Samadhi also possessed the ur-vile that attacked Lord Mhoram in the Shattered Hills (mentioned early in TIW).
tj4242
Servant of the Land

Post by tj4242 »

I posted the chart again with these suggestions. It is in the Laborium. IF there is a better place or someone wants a higher resolution, contact me.

https://kevinswatch.ihugny.com/phpBB2/a ... ?cat_id=18
DrPaul
Giantfriend

Post by DrPaul »

tj4242, thanks for your work on the chart.

There remains the question of who or what was possessing Joan in the early chapters of TWL. The only possibility we can definitely rule out is samadhi Sheol, who was fully occupied with possessing the na-Mhoram.

[spoiler]In the light of what we know of Joan's possession by turiya Herem in The Last Chronicles, it seems plausible to posit that turiya would also have been assigned Joan in TWL, but we can't know this from the text.[/spoiler]
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

I have always assumed it was Lord Foul who possessed Joan at that time. Now you have me thinking.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

That's been my assumption, too.
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon

Return to “The First and Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant”