Star Trek: The Motion Picture (Remastered Directors cut)

The KWMdB.

Moderators: dANdeLION, sgt.null

SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Star Trek: The Motion Picture (Remastered Directors cut)

Post by SoulBiter »

I know this is an old movie from 1979 but its being released in some theaters May 22, May 23, May 25 and its being released in 4K. Look for that on Fathom.

Looking at the NEW TRAILER you can see the audio and visual effect improvements and its very noticeable. It might be worth a trip to the movies for nostalgia and for me, I love trek and this movie grew on me over the years.
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

I've thought for years this film is underrated, so I'm interested in going if it's near to me.
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

I couldn't help myself and watched this on my high def TV in the man-cave with the good sound system and I was impressed with the new graphics and the sound. There are still a few visual issues (oddly blurry backgrounds, etc) that stuck out for me but I don't know that I would have noticed them if I had not been looking for it.

Outside of that, I have not watched this in years and frankly my appreciation for it is still pretty high. It does drag on a bit in the middle and who designed those uniforms? (gah!) but otherwise it's a really good ST movie that got a bad rap. Even better, as we watched my wife realized that she never watched it before... (WTH!?) so she was entranced with it and she said the same things. Uniforms were yuck and a bit slow in parts of it, although she did enjoy it overall and for her it was seeing a new ST movie.
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

This may lead to a remastered Wrath of Khan.
Now that would be exciting.
What they could do with that battle could be phenomenal.
(I have always considered Trek space battles to be rather lame. The ships don't really move, how hard can they be to hit when you have computers.)
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

wayfriend wrote:This may lead to a remastered Wrath of Khan.
Now that would be exciting.
What they could do with that battle could be phenomenal.
(I have always considered Trek space battles to be rather lame. The ships don't really move, how hard can they be to hit when you have computers.)
Now that we be the bomb! Would love for them to remaster part of the Wrath of Khan to bring the graphics more up to date, without also destroying what they have. Done correctly that would be more than worth a trip out to watch in theaters.

Edit to add, they are doing a limited viewing of The Wrath of Khan in Sept. I already bought tickets.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Re: Star Trek: The Motion Picture (Remastered Directors cut)

Post by Skyweir »

SoulBiter wrote:I know this is an old movie from 1979 but its being released in some theaters May 22, May 23, May 25 and its being released in 4K. Look for that on Fathom.

Looking at the NEW TRAILER you can see the audio and visual effect improvements and its very noticeable. It might be worth a trip to the movies for nostalgia and for me, I love trek and this movie grew on me over the years.
yes, yes and yes!!! I watch the ST movies regularly - we do all of them at least once a year lol :lol:

Im definitely putting on my watch list
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR

Return to “Flicks”