Old Gods of Appalachia

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

[Syl]
Unfettered One

Old Gods of Appalachia

Post by [Syl] »

Anybody else listen to this podcast? I'm not a podcast or horror fan (especially eldritch, Lovecraftian horror), but this one grabbed me as soon as I heard about it. The fellowship hall on Facebook is also a great community, although even if it's never really talked about as a subject by itself in the hall or has more than a kind of tangential mention in the anthology itself, if you don't support LGBTQ rights, BLM, and that kind of thing, probably not the place for you.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

And trust me on this. I know my people. If enough people check it out, it will be a thing here. Like Lost back in the day. Ah, good old Lurch
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Never heard of this. It sounds interesting enough.
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
kevinswatch
"High" Lord
Location: In the dark, lonely cave that dwells within my eternal soul of despair. It's next to a Pizza Hut.

Post by kevinswatch »

Nah, I haven't heard of it, but sounds neat. How does one find it? I suck when it comes to podcasts, ha.

-jay
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Check out Old Gods of Appalachia (and that's App-uh-latch-uh, if you were wondering). [imitating Steve's voice] You can also find them on Spotify, Apple Music, or wherever else you get your podcasts.

There are a couple of story lines (Build Mama a Coffin, Door Under the Floor, and Black Mouth Dog) you can only get on Patreon, but you won't be lost without them. And since the stories aren't told in chronological order, you can kind of start anywhere (but release order is best).

I have to warn you, though, it's addictive.
-George Steiner
kevinswatch
"High" Lord
Location: In the dark, lonely cave that dwells within my eternal soul of despair. It's next to a Pizza Hut.

Post by kevinswatch »

Cool, thanks, I'll definitely check it out. Will let you know.

-jay

Return to “General Discussion Forum”