The Walking Dead TV series on AMC

Talk about all your favorite series, shows, programs, news anchorpeople, ect.

Moderators: Cagliostro, sgt.null

Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

Maybe that's the way it should end.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

Cagliostro wrote:Maybe that's the way it should end.

You wan't TWD to end with an atomic blast of some kind? I guess that's a possibility. Its possible ex-soldier walkers might accidentally set off a bomb somewhere in the vicinity of where the series takes place. Reminds me of the conclusion of Beneath the Planet of the Apes. You'd rather blow the whole thing up than let walkers rule the Earth.

On the other hand if you meant it should all be a dream then nevermind. :D
"If you can't tell the difference, what difference does it make?"

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart
JIkj fjds j
The Gap Into Spam

Post by JIkj fjds j »

aTOMiC wrote:
Cagliostro wrote:Maybe that's the way it should end.

You wan't TWD to end with an atomic blast of some kind? I guess that's a possibility. :D
Hey I've got one right here :D

Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

No thanks, Rune. We've already gone one, y'see?
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

I did consider giving up the show. Julie would have if not for my insistence that we see it through. Abraham was the bigger loss for us. and I had foreshadowed it by pointing out he was the only only one who looked Negan in the eyes.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Wosbald
A Brainwashed Religious Flunkie

Post by Wosbald »

+JMJ+

Wow. The mid-season premiere was great. Seems that the season's first-half's marathon of misery is primed to pay off.

High Lord Tolkien
Excommunicated Member of THOOLAH

Post by High Lord Tolkien »

Wosbald wrote:
Wow. The mid-season premiere was great. Seems that the season's first-half's marathon of misery is primed to pay off.

I couldn't agree more! It was awesome!
https://thoolah.blogspot.com/

[Defeated by a gizmo from Batman's utility belt]
Joker: I swear by all that's funny never to be taken in by that unconstitutional device again!

Image Image Image Image
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

I agree with the last two posts. I admit to having been turned off a bit after the season premier and truth be told the last four episodes before the mid season finale sat on my dvr for weeks. But as the second half of the season premier drew closer I got caught up all at once and am back on track.
Spoiler
Of the last episode I was very pleased when the last shot showed that while the group was surrounded by threatening strangers Rick was smiling.
"If you can't tell the difference, what difference does it make?"

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Good God this season's been terrible. Nothing's happening. It's been a season of place-setting and personal vignettes. This is worse than being stuck on that damn farm.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Yup. I'm not even interested in the coming showdown at this point.
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Introduce a terrific, scenery-chewing villain, and then keep him off-screen for weeks at a time. Lunacy.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

So ... is it worth catching up on this season? (I gave up 2 eps in.) I see a lot of blecks and a few yeahs here.
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

wayfriend wrote:So ... is it worth catching up on this season? (I gave up 2 eps in.) I see a lot of blecks and a few yeahs here.
I'm determined to see how it ends, so I'd say......Yeah?

Not much happens this season, and there are (too) many episodes that are focused on characters I don't care about. If you accept that Rick cannot die, you'll find the season somewhat easier to digest. And you'd better be able to accept that Negan has become a typical talks-too-much villain.
High Lord Tolkien

The first half of Season 7 was torture in that it was very slow, kinda dumb and depressing. But it got better to the point that the last few episodes were awesome.
Maybe it had to hit bottom to appreciate the high?
I don't know.
Like I said it was awesome.
Many of the complaints I had were gone by the Seasons end and Oct seems like a LONG time to wait for it to start again.

Joker: I swear by all that's funny never to be taken in by that unconstitutional device again!

Image Image Image Image
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Yeah I think it picked up when they decided to fight back. Finale was awesome we really enjoyed it .. like others there were times when it was like ... its the same old same old but in a different location, farm, prison, gated community ;)

and was going to give up on it ... but like many others just had to see it out .. glad I did now
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Another shit half-season. More unlikeable people making terrible decisions.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

hahahahaha
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

I'm so glad I stopped watching this show. I'm curious if it is something I'd like to pick up again, and so I'll ask the people that still watch it what is going on, and they'll spoil bits for me, such as the latest episode.
I'd like to add one more thing to my list of reasons for being done with this show - they don't really have an end game for this show, and have no intention of ending it anytime soon. When I learned that, I knew I could keep to my resolution. I still haven't watched an episode since the Glenn one, and from the ones who are honest about the quality of the show, I'm happier. There are a ton of interesting shows out there that I want to watch, and I shouldn't keep wasting my time on a show I don't enjoy anymore - one that gives me more negative reactions than positive ones. I have "hate-watched" a show or two, but....well....there wasn't as much on at that time then there is now.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
High Lord Tolkien

Holy shit!
This show is still going on.
Just a few more episodes until the last one and then start the spin offs that will keep it alive on life support.
My wife still watches it and I'll occasionally pay attention.
I was a huge fan initially but damn, several seasons ago I said enough.
Nothing happens and no one ever talks about anything.
It used to be a soap opera disguised as a zombie series but not it's just a soap opera with an occasional zombie tossed it.

Image Image Image Image

Return to “TV Shows”