First/Pitchwife WIP

A place to share and discuss fan made artwork of the Chronicles.

Moderator: danlo

Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

First/Pitchwife WIP

Post by Frostheart Grueburn »

Been working on this for a while, but figured it's in such a state I finally have the guts to show it. Trying to finish this someday, although I'm notoriously slow and prone to fill every blank space with itty bitty detail...

Last edited by Frostheart Grueburn on Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
lorin
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lorin »

This is very good. I especially like Pitchwife's face. My only comment is the size of the happy couple. I am thinking he was about half the size of her.

Would love to see more of your work.
Thanks for showing it.
The loudest truth I ever heard was the softest sound.
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

lorin wrote:This is very good. I especially like Pitchwife's face. My only comment is the size of the happy couple. I am thinking he was about half the size of her.

Would love to see more of your work.
Thanks for showing it.
Thanks, glad you like. :D

Well, this is how I imagined him in his native stance (about as erect as possible with that back), so vertically, he'd reach approximately the First's midriff, if she jumped up. I've drawn a fair deal of Norse giants and ogre-ish characters in the past, so I may have some deep-rooted peculiarities concerning proportions, but even so, I received the impression that he'd, for instance, retain the shoulder span of a 'normal' male Giant despite the cramped chest. :)
SleeplessOne
<i>Haruchai</i>

First/Pitchwife WIP

Post by SleeplessOne »

cold on the dromond that particular evening !

seriously, grand effort, now get back to the drawing board and give us some more ! :twisted: :biggrin:
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

Re: First/Pitchwife WIP

SleeplessOne wrote:cold on the dromond that particular evening !

seriously, grand effort, now get back to the drawing board and give us some more ! :twisted: :biggrin:
Thanks! :D

A little bit of crispy weather never harms a Giant. ;-)

Definitely planning to draw more TC characters, perhaps I'll try my hands on Honninscrave or Foamfollower after this piece.
lorin
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lorin »

I like the way the armor is off lying on the floor......the scene is very disarming :biggrin: :wink:
The loudest truth I ever heard was the softest sound.
Brinn
S.P.O.W

Post by Brinn »

Great work! You're very talented and I'd love to see more of your work. Man, this site has some very talented artists! Welcome to the Watch!
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. John Stuart Mill
Vain
Nom

Post by Vain »

If I had those skills, I'd shout it from the rooftops :) Great work !!
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

Thanks, everyone! :biggrin:
lorin wrote:......the scene is very disarming :biggrin: :wink:
PW quite has that effect on her...ahem.
Seareach
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seareach »

*LOVE* your artwork!!! :D I spent a couple of hours the other night looking through your Deviantart folio. WOW! :D
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

Seareach wrote:*LOVE* your artwork!!! :D I spent a couple of hours the other night looking through your Deviantart folio. WOW! :D
Thank you, glad to hear you liked. :biggrin: *much honored*
TheGryphon
Stonedownor

Post by TheGryphon »

Zorm, again you blow me away with your images! My only critical comment would be the size disparity between her hands and his.... Wouldn't their hands be closer to the same size? She looks almost delicate in this image, and one could NEVER say The First was delicate! :P

But I do love their positions, and the fact that her armor is set aside for the moment.... Shows the love and trust between them.

Thanks for sharing, and keep up the fabulous work!
Incredible as it seems, my Life is based on a True Story.
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

TheGryphon wrote:Zorm, again you blow me away with your images! My only critical comment would be the size disparity between her hands and his.... Wouldn't their hands be closer to the same size? She looks almost delicate in this image, and one could NEVER say The First was delicate! :P

But I do love their positions, and the fact that her armor is set aside for the moment.... Shows the love and trust between them.

Thanks for sharing, and keep up the fabulous work!
Thanks! :biggrin:

Heh, like I said in one of the replies above, I have some deep-rooted stylistic oddities much due to the fact that I have drawn truckloads of characters from the Norse and Finnish mythologies, with Giants often basking in the limelight. I tend to give male Giants massive hands, wrists, and shoulder spans, as opposed to the females whose scaled proportions would appear closer to those of human women.

However, this image is far from ready and may yet become subjected to some major overhauling, even concerning proportions. ;) I see quite a few mistakes that need fixing anyhow. It was among the very first pics I ever concocted of Pitchwife and the First, and even his face has changed slightly since then, not to mention the design of her armor.

Delicacy: actually, I received the impression from the books that the First might not have emerged from the stockiest gene pool of Giants (Names tell tales? 'Gossamer' vs. 'Heft'?). What was the word with which Pitchwife described her; 'lissome'? :)
Lefdmae Deemalr Effaeldm
The Gap Into Spam

Re: First/Pitchwife WIP

Post by Lefdmae Deemalr Effaeldm »

Looks like the direct link is broken, good the DA one remains.

By the way, I mentioned that some of your artworks, like "The First colored" are only in the Laborium in the Album - many people don't even visit it and it's closed to the non-users.
Frostheart wrote:...
figured it's in such a state I finally have the guts to show it. Trying to finish this someday, although I'm notoriously slow and prone to fill every blank space with itty bitty detail...
There, that's how you overwork yourself - haven't I told you the works you're most unsure of are above the highest dreams for many, many people who struggle to draw a simplest cartoonish sketch?
A role-player, beware
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

Er. :oops:

Well, I *did* post the First to the Gallery just now. :P What else was there; I must have unintentionally passed by that particular post or paragraph? A quick scan through my folders doesn't reveal the existence of this thread's missing image, so must be on some external drive. Have a faint recollection of starting to remodel the characters to correspond better to my present visualizations of them.
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

your art is not showing for me sir...
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

sgt.null wrote:your art is not showing for me sir...
See the post above. I have no idea where the picture I began redrawing sometime later last year skulks. This specimen's nigh-on 1,5 years old, one of my first attempts, and the characters have been much honed since. :lol:

(Not to go amiss, but Frosty is a Miss. </horriblepunning>)
Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

First/Pitchwife WIP

Post by Cord Hurn »

Here's Frostheart Grueburn's wonderful talent on display with this study on the First with a little Pitchwife thrown in (must be logged in; the link is to the Laborium of the Album):

https://kevinswatch.ihugny.com/phpBB2/a ... ic_id=2058

Return to “The Chronicles Art Gallery”