Favorite Albums of 2022

Who's listening to what, what's going on in the music industry....

Moderators: StevieG, dANdeLION, lucimay

Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Favorite Albums of 2022

Post by Menolly »

Well, I"m a bit late in starting this topic, but 2022 being such a great year in music, at least for fans of Prog, I figured I would start a thread. With the diversity of musical taste on this forum, perhaps we'll discover something in each others lists which will strike a chord with us as well.

I finally sat down and cobbled together a favorite 2022 album list of my own. These are not all prog, but if I bought music, rather than listened via YouTube, these are the ones I would have purchased. I think these are all 2022 releases...

10. Ryo Okumoto - The Myth of The Mostrophus
9. The Dear Hunter - Antimai
8. Svaneborg Kardyb - Over Tag
7. Devin Townsend - Lightwork
6. Kaprekar's Constant - The Murder Wall
5. Blood Incantation - Timewave Zero
4. Klause Schulze - Deus Arrakis
3. Marillion - An Hour Before It's Dark
2. Elder - Innate Passage
1. D'Virgilio Morse and Jennings - Troika

I wouldn't have discovered any of these, if I hadn't started following my favorite YouTube creators.
StevieG
Andelanian

Post by StevieG »

I am ashamed to say that I can't think of a single 2022 release that I would put on a "best of" list. I thought of Tool - Fear Inoculum, so looked it up and found out it was released in 2019! Yikes. Another 2019 release that I listened to a lot last year was Vulfpeck - Live at Maddison Square Garden. Awesome music. Their latest release from 2022 doesn't grab me as much.
Hugs and sh!t ~ lucimay

I think you're right ~ TheFallen
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

If I hadn't started following YouTube creators who "react" to music, I wouldn't have been exposed to any of the albums I listed. They are all new artists to me. But, based on the reactors' reviews of the albums, I gave them and others a chance. These are the ones I enjoyed.

Return to “Vespers”