What happened to Hile Troy's Think Tank?

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

"I like Joe Biden".

Anyone who likes Joe Biden is a complete moron who hates the US and wants the government to change their diapers.*

Code: Select all

Moderator: hmm, doesn't talk about the poster. Pass.
- - - -

"I like Joe Biden".

I don't know why you are saying torturing babies should be legal. Christ, democrats are taking their baby grooming stuff way to far. We need to get these people in jail!

- - - -

"I like Joe Biden".

People who like Joe Biden should shut the @^#% up.

- - - - - -
* An actual Tank comment, starting at "a complete".
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

I cannot imagine it would be possible to start a new tank without having to work through some glitches. I also cannot imagine glitches cannot be worked through.
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
SerScot
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SerScot »

Given that this is the “general discussion� subthread and it says any topics are able to be posted. Can I start a political discussion here?
"Futility is the defining characteristic of life. Pain is proof of existence" - Thomas Covenant
Zarathustra
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zarathustra »

wayfriend wrote:"I like Joe Biden".

Anyone who likes Joe Biden is a complete moron who hates the US and wants the government to change their diapers.*

Just because the sentence talks about a larger group than the poster doesn’t mean it’s not also talking about the poster who likes Joe Biden. Delete.
wayfriend wrote:
"I like Joe Biden".

I don't know why you are saying torturing babies should be legal. Christ, democrats are taking their baby grooming stuff way to far. We need to get these people in jail!

The first sentence includes ‘you.’ Delete.
wayfriend wrote:
"I like Joe Biden".

People who like Joe Biden should shut the @^#% up.

That’s obviously about the poster. Delete.

Honestly, Wayfriend, you are the only one I’d expect to try to bend the rules to phrase things in a passive aggressive way to refer to someone without explicitly stating it. You demonstrate your skill at doing so in this very post. So we’d definitely have a rule just for you that prevents oblique references to others without explicitly naming them. That should put your mind at ease, right?
Joe Biden … putting the Dem in dementia since (at least) 2020.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

I agree with Z's interpretation of wf's post. Correct me if I'm wrong, wf, but I assume that's your interpretation, as well. So that's three of us who see it that way, and think all three examples should be deleted. So here's an offer for everyone.

None of the Gen Dis mods are around to run this test. So let's do it in the Close. One thread for politics. Just one. Because it's a test, and I couldn't keep up on it in multiple threads as we work out kinks, and see who will actually try to follow the (evolving, if necessary) rules.

Just a thought... I might lock the thread now and then, with a post saying what the issue is, then unlock it so we can address that issue. Then it can go back to the discussion. I don't know if this will ever be necessary, but may as well have a plan just in case.

I'll start a thread, so the rules (evolving, if necessary) can be in the first post. The question is, what should the specific topic be? SerScot, I'd rather it not be the one you did the other day that I deleted. :lol: [Edit:. Hang on. I'm not sure I remember what that was. I might be confusing it with a post of yours here.]

Ideas?

And if Jay comes around and sees what's going on, everybody keep your mouth shut.
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Zarathustra
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zarathustra »

Fist, it could be a current events thread. All purpose. I’d like to hear Ser Scott’s thoughts on Ukraine. Sounded like he was ready to go.
Joe Biden … putting the Dem in dementia since (at least) 2020.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

That's true. The topics would get all over the place. But that wouldn't make it harder for me to do this. Cool. Done.
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
SerScot
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SerScot »

Fist and Faith wrote:I agree with Z's interpretation of wf's post. Correct me if I'm wrong, wf, but I assume that's your interpretation, as well. So that's three of us who see it that way, and think all three examples should be deleted. So here's an offer for everyone.

None of the Gen Dis mods are around to run this test. So let's do it in the Close. One thread for politics. Just one. Because it's a test, and I couldn't keep up on it in multiple threads as we work out kinks, and see who will actually try to follow the (evolving, if necessary) rules.

Just a thought... I might lock the thread now and then, with a post saying what the issue is, then unlock it so we can address that issue. Then it can go back to the discussion. I don't know if this will ever be necessary, but may as well have a plan just in case.

Understood.

I'll start a thread, so the rules (evolving, if necessary) can be in the first post. The question is, what should the specific topic be? SerScot, I'd rather it not be the one you did the other day that I deleted. :lol: [Edit:. Hang on. I'm not sure I remember what that was. I might be confusing it with a post of yours here.]

Ideas?

And if Jay comes around and sees what's going on, everybody keep your mouth shut.
Understood. The Russian invasion of Ukraine perhaps?
"Futility is the defining characteristic of life. Pain is proof of existence" - Thomas Covenant
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

:D
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Good to see you back on the Watch, SB.
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Savor Dam wrote:Good to see you back on the Watch, SB.
Thanks. I would love to see a place on the Watch to discuss current events around the world. I've taken a look about once a week just to see whats going on but nothing, until I saw this thread,, has really piqued my interest to post. I am hopeful that we can do that without it becoming something that Jay would axe.🪓
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
SerScot
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SerScot »

Zarathustra wrote:Fist, it could be a current events thread. All purpose. I’d like to hear Ser Scott’s thoughts on Ukraine. Sounded like he was ready to go.
Since the CE thread was quickly locked. I’d like to ask a meta question. How can politics be discussed without discussing the various human groups that participate in politics? My comment there wasn’t directed at any particular individual and, of course, there will be people on the Watch that are part of the group discussed. But, again, how can politics be discussed without discussing what various political groups believe and adhere to?

:)
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

I only locked it briefly, because I was asleep when a point of contention came up. It's open.
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
SerScot
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SerScot »

Fist and Faith wrote:I only locked it briefly, because I was asleep when a point of contention came up. It's open.
Muchos gracias. :)
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

I responded to your previous post there, also.
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
kevinswatch
"High" Lord
Location: In the dark, lonely cave that dwells within my eternal soul of despair. It's next to a Pizza Hut.

Post by kevinswatch »

What is this “Hile Troy’s Think Tank� you all speak of?

Although I'm glad at least some of you have the sense to understand the fact that the decision was mine and mine alone and that there was no conspiracy.

I still like my best explanation as simply being "neener neener".

Anyway, the Watch is for the better for not having the filth that was the Tank anymore. Good riddance to bad rubbish as they say.

If you all want to attempt to bring it back as a single topic on current events in a civilized way, then sure, you have my blessing.

Would you rather me make someone a mod here (assuming I can) so you can have the topic in General Discussion?

-jay
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

kevinswatch wrote:

Anyway, the Watch is for the better for not having the filth that was the Tank anymore. Good riddance to bad rubbish as they say.

-jay
Not to put a damper on the kum-bah-yah but thats your opinion. Sure you have every right to do so but that doesn't make you right nor does it make your opinion more valid than anyone else. Many of us put years into the debates and discussions there. Along with that were hours of research to support our positions. The Watch is a lesser place without it.

Edit to add - thank you for allowing a current events thread to be created.
kevinswatch
"High" Lord
Location: In the dark, lonely cave that dwells within my eternal soul of despair. It's next to a Pizza Hut.

Post by kevinswatch »

Don't worry, you're not dampering it.

Kum-bah-freaking-yah!

-jay
StevieG
Andelanian

Post by StevieG »

SoulBiter wrote:
kevinswatch wrote:

-jay
Not to put a damper on the kum-bah-yah but thats your opinion. Sure you have every right to do so but that doesn't make you right nor does it make your opinion more valid than anyone else. Many of us put years into the debates and discussions there. Along with that were hours of research to support our positions. The Watch is a lesser place without it.

Yeah.

“Fuck you Wosbald and the child predators you venerate.�

“Stay in your corner and whisper you religious ideologies to yourself. The adults are speaking.�

“Go fuck a sheep.�

Countless, yes countless other personal insults. I’m not surprised Jay nuked it, despite the years of effort some people put into it. It was in free fall, from a quality point of view, for the last several years.

Back when Serscot was posting, there was at least some level of civility.

Having said that, I’m optimistic about the current events thread, since the rules are quite specific and everyone has had a few months to cool off. I’ll be reading with interest.
Hugs and sh!t ~ lucimay

I think you're right ~ TheFallen
SerScot
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SerScot »

StevieG wrote:
SoulBiter wrote:
kevinswatch wrote:

-jay

Yeah.

“Fuck you Wosbald and the child predators you venerate.�

“Stay in your corner and whisper you religious ideologies to yourself. The adults are speaking.�

“Go fuck a sheep.�

Countless, yes countless other personal insults. I’m not surprised Jay nuked it, despite the years of effort some people put into it. It was in free fall, from a quality point of view, for the last several years.

Back when Serscot was posting, there was at least some level of civility.

Having said that, I’m optimistic about the current events thread, since the rules are quite specific and everyone has had a few months to cool off. I’ll be reading with interest.
Oh my. Yeah… if that was common parlence recently… wow.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”