Stuff For The New Forum

Main forum for site announcements, suggestions, and help.

Moderators: Savor Dam, Vain

Immanentizing The Eschaton

Stuff For The New Forum

Post by Avatar »

Ok guys, here's some stuff to know for / about the new board. I'm locking this, so I can add new stuff as additional posts as it occurs / I learn about it. :D

Post comments / questions / whatever in the OH MY GOD announcement instead.

As per my discussion with I'm Murrin, I've done my best to purge the avatar gallery of other people's avatars (where recognised) and photo's etc. (Which was more work than I thought, there's no interface to manage it. :| )

This means that if you have not yet set up your avatar, you may not find it in the gallery.

This may also mean that if you selected your avatar from the gallery rather than uploading it, it may have suddenly disappeared.

If this is the case, you have these options:

1) Upload your existing copy of your avatar. If you do not have one, ideally (for me) visit the old forum while you can and save a copy of it, then upload it yourself.

2) I've kept a copy of all images removed from the gallery...let me know what it was, and I will upload it to your account for you if it was in the gallery in the first place.

If you spot any in the gallery that I've missed or that you recognise as being somebodies, let me know and I'll get rid of it. I've already "replaced" some peoples, and will do more when I get a chance and if I recognised your avatar.

--A

Stuff For The New Forum

Post by Avatar »

User Groups

If you click on your user name in the top right corner and select the "user Control Panel" you'll see one of the tabs is labelled "Usergroups."

On that tab, you'll see a list of groups, some of which you may be eligible to join. This list will expand in future as we customise stuff a bit. To request admission to a group, you can select it and choose "join" from the drop-down at the bottom. (Leave a group by choosing "resign" from that same menu.)

Once your application is accepted, you'll get a notification.

Retrieving Your Ranyhyn

To get your Ranyhyn icon back, go to that tab and select the group "Riders," then request to join it.

Assuming the Plains of Ra still deem you worthy, they will speed your Ranyhyn on it's way to you. (Or if you don't have one, you can present yourself for consideration in the same way.)

--A

Stuff For The New Forum

Post by Avatar »

Private Messages

Your PM inbox is limited to 200 PM's. If you have more than that, you won't receive new ones until you delete some old ones.

A warning at the top of your inbox will tell you that you are out of room, and once you clear some out, you will need to click a link in that warning to "release" any PM's that have not been delivered due to lack of space.

[Edit] You can have up to 4 folders, each of which can contain 200 messages. (So you can move old messages to a different folder than your inbox if you want.)

In your PM window, click on "Rules, folders and settings" (below "Sent messages") and on that screen, you can set up automatic filters, create new folders and a bunch of other stuff.

--A

Stuff For The New Forum

Post by Avatar »

Profile Flair

You've probably noticed the Ranyhyn are back, but we can use the same functionality to add some other stuff too.

In your user control panel, under the "Profile" tab, you'll see an option at the bottom of the left side that says "Manage Profile Flair"

If you click that, you'll see available items that can be displayed under your avatar and in your profile. (Some items (like the Ranyhyn) are only available if you meet certain conditions, and will not show up there, but others will.)

You can select items you'd like to display from that menu.

Currently we only have Memorial Items for Furls and Cag available, but feel free to add them to your profile if you like. More will be coming at some point. :D

--A

Stuff For The New Forum

Post by Avatar »

Oh, right...like on the old forum, you can assign yourself a custom title under your profile in the User Control Panel. :D

--A

Stuff For The New Forum

Post by Avatar »

Also, I sent out a mass mail to all users telling them about the new forum, but it looked like it didn't send, so we did some fiddling with the settings. However it may have sent afterall, so if you get more than 1 copy, sorry about that. :D

--A

Stuff For The New Forum

Post by Avatar »

The "Thanks" button for good posts is back. :D Little thumbs-up in the top right of each post.

Once you have clicked it, you can click it again (it turns into a "thumbs down" button) to remove your thanks if necessary.

--A

Stuff For The New Forum

Post by Avatar »

Well, you learn something every day...turns out that you can have / create up to 4 folders in your Private messages, each of which can hold up to 200 messages.

So if you run out of space you don't have to delete old messages, you can move them to a different folder. (But still, clean up your old messages. ;) )

In your PM window, click on "Rules, folders and settings" (below "Sent messages") and on that screen, you can set up automatic filters, create new folders and a bunch of other stuff.

--A

Stuff For The New Forum

Post by Avatar »

Mentions

OK, it's now possible to mention another user, and have them receive a notification that they were mentioned. (I mean, it was possible before, but now it's easy. :D )

All you need to do is type an @ symbol, and start typing the user's name immediately after it. You'll get a drop-down showing user names that match the letter's you've typed, and you can click on the relevant name (the more letters you type, the less options you will have) to mention them in the post.

It looks like this: @kevinswatch

You can also click on the highlighted user name once its been posted to go directly to their profile.

--A
kevinswatch
"High" Lord
Location: In the dark, lonely cave that dwells within my eternal soul of despair. It's next to a Pizza Hut.

Stuff For The New Forum

Post by kevinswatch »

Avatar wrote: It looks like this: @kevinswatch
Don't bring me into this mess you've created! :lol:

-jay

Return to “Announcements + Suggestions + Q&A + Help”