The Only Law left in the Sunbane...and the Clave

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

Lord Mhoram
Lord

Post by Lord Mhoram »

In my "humble" opinion, I believe the law of the Landers living under the Sunbane was "Looks can be deceiving". I came up with this while writing my short story "The Child of Mhoram".
Think about it. The Clave has told them that Andelain is evil...it looks beautiful...looks can be deceiving...
The Clave told them aliantha is evil...looks can be deceiving...
The Clave told them that Covenant is evil, and should be killed...looks can be deceiving...
I could get a bunch more...but I dont feel like it. The fact is, the Clave w/their "Looks can be deceiving law" really controlled the psychology of the Land, and its inhabitants...what do YOU think?
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Y isn't this topic in TCTC 4rum? Yes it is extremely Puritanical, isn't it?? And what did that lead to? Witch hunts and burnings, right?
fall far and well Pilots!
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

where is this short story?? 'The Child of Mhoram??

I'm just back from the hangar where I read a short story of yours which was very good! Where is this one posted?? Was it there also?
I believe the law of the Landers living under the Sunbane was "Looks can be deceiving". I came up with this while writing my short story "The Child of Mhoram".
Think about it. The Clave has told them that Andelain is evil...it looks beautiful...looks can be deceiving...
.. but this premise only works on the assumption that the Clave were right .. and the fact is they were misleading the people ..
The Clave told them aliantha is evil...looks can be deceiving...
The Clave told them that Covenant is evil, and should be killed...looks can be deceiving...
.. and they were mislead about that too werent they? I think the law is wrongly named .. when one uses this maxim it usually infers that there is truth/beauty below the surface .. or beyond that which on face value presents.

It was a deceptive law instigated by the Clave to keep the inhabitants ignorant and pliable. And it succeeded .. by and large .. the inhabitants were ignorant and pliable .. they gave up their own to serve the Clave .. they bought into the blood thing .. the whole pitch and tackle .. they bought it all.
Last edited by Skyweir on Mon Sep 30, 2002 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Lord Mhoram
Lord

Post by Lord Mhoram »

OMG! You dont disagree! :wink: lol Child of Mhoram is incomplete on another computer...its longer then my sci/fi one.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

actually I did disagree .. but I included my comments in with my quoting yours :oops:

but I have fixed that now [edited] .. so you can now see why I disagreed :cry:

I agree with what you are saying but not how your saying it .. I think the maxim .. Appearances can be deceiving .. is the wrong maxim .. though on the face of it .. at its most simplistic level .. it is correct.
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Just another example of how the Clave turned things around -- they even reversed the meaning of "looks can be deceiving"! 8O :lol:
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

LOL!!!! :lol: :P :P :P
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »