Harry Potter

And the Harry Potter series.

Moderator: Menolly

Infelice
Lord

Post by Infelice »

I'm in total agreement with you Danlo. Being a teacher, I fight a never ending battle against computer games and play stations and what not in an effort to get kids involved in and to enjoy reading. It seems that boys especially are more inclined not to read recreationally. The fact that MILLIONS of kids, boys as well as girls, are readng these books and ENJOYING them is the most wonderful thing to see from a teacher's pov. :D
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by duchess of malfi »

And from a mother's as well. From Harry my kids have gone on to read the Hobbit, Lord of the Rings, the Sil, and now Narnia and Amber. :D They're both on the their second reads of Harry 5. :D
Love as thou wilt.

The Leper Fairy
The Gap Into Spam

Post by The Leper Fairy »

Wow, they're fast. I'm hardly half way through!

Pie and Cake
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

yeah my kids too duchy .. we read HP with them before bed .. and they love it ..

the youngest has both video's and we all love watching them .. Alex has all the books and is getting the latest for his birthday next week ..

they cant get enough .. We love them too .. as adults ;) :) .. lol .. these are great books .. Some colleagues who work for the government recently sat around one lunch discussing the new book which had just come out .. and how many of them had bought it on the Friday and had finished it by Monday .. and were sharing tid-bits from teh book .. naturally I averted my ears .. to the suprising revelations ;)

lol ..

i love the englishness of the HP novels .. and especially the movies .. i am really pleased they didnt americanise it to cater to commercial demands .. its brilliant!!

my kids have loved CS Lewis 'Lion Witch and Wardrobe' and Tolkien's Hobbit and LotR's ..

which is great .. anything that holds kids attention long enough to get involved in reading a book to its conclusion .. has got to be a work of art!! a masterpiece ;)
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by duchess of malfi »

I am in compete agreement with you on that Lord Sky. :) Anything that can get them away from the Nintendo is wonderful to me! :)
And personally, I find the books fun, too. ;)
Love as thou wilt.

Seafoam Understone
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Seafoam Understone »

I too had a slight aversion to reading a book geared for kids but went ahead and picked the first volume up and honestly have enjoyed the series thus far. Kudos to Rowling for getting kids to read again.
remember the Oath Of Peace!

https://ralph.rigidtech.com
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Harry Potter

Post by sgt.null »

I still have not read the series.

have seen the Potter movies.

thread necromancy thy perfidy?
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...