The creation of an idiom

A haven for game threads.

Moderator: Damelon

Marv
The Gap Into Spam

The creation of an idiom

Post by Marv »

come up with your own, how it came into being and what it means or take an existing one and come up with your own version as to how it came to be used in common language.

example:a man was climbing a mountain commonly reffered to as The Creek. he soon realised he was out of his depth and plunged to his death. Thamserku Paddle was the father of a local family of sherpars and he had strongly advised the man to take a member of of his family up with him to help. this gave rise to the idiom 'up the creek without a paddle' :biggrin:
and so on....
It'd take you a long time to blow up or shoot all the sheep in this country, but one diseased banana...could kill 'em all.

I didn't even know sheep ate bananas.
Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Post by Revan »

awwww... this poor little post, all on it's own... I feel I have to add something. ;)

And here it is:

ALT+255
Marv
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Marv »

come on!!...a family of sherpars.............named Paddle!!

up a creek..... thats good stuff is that!

my thread didnt deserve this i tell you.

revenge...oh yes...i shall have it!
It'd take you a long time to blow up or shoot all the sheep in this country, but one diseased banana...could kill 'em all.

DukkhaWaynhim
The Gap Into Spam

Post by DukkhaWaynhim »

Many years ago, there was a very successful but unmarried dentist who had such a busy practice that he often would refer extra patients to other reputable dentists in the area. Despite his great wealth, he happened to have an irrational fear of gold. His peers in the dental community were so pleased about his referrals, that they decided to reward him by sending over twin prostitutes to "thank him in person". He was pleasantly surprised at this, and had nearly completed enjoying their company when he noticed that both of the working girls were each sporting several shiny gold crowns, causing him to flee from them in horror. So, the moral of this story is:

[wait for it]

don't look gift whores in the mouth.
"God is real, unless declared integer." - Unknown
Marv
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Marv »

DukkhaWaynhim wrote:Many years ago, there was a very successful but unmarried dentist who had such a busy practice that he often would refer extra patients to other reputable dentists in the area. Despite his great wealth, he happened to have an irrational fear of gold. His peers in the dental community were so pleased about his referrals, that they decided to reward him by sending over twin prostitutes to "thank him in person". He was pleasantly surprised at this, and had nearly completed enjoying their company when he noticed that both of the working girls were each sporting several shiny gold crowns, causing him to flee from them in horror. So, the moral of this story is:

[wait for it]

don't look gift whores in the mouth.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

and i didnt even see it coming!

DukkhaWaynhim
The Gap Into Spam

Post by DukkhaWaynhim »

:banana: This thread has officially been banana-bumped.

Anyone seen 'V' is for Vendetta? It reveals that 'V' is crazy, but crazy like a Fawkes.

DW
"God is real, unless declared integer." - Unknown
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

Mad Hatter (Jervis Tetch) is a supervillain appearing in Gotham, commonly as an adversary of the vigilante Batman. He models himself after the Hatter from Lewis Carroll's novel Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, a character often called the "Mad Hatter" in adaptations of Carroll.

Mad Hatter is depicted as a scientist who invents and uses technological mind-controlling devices to influence and manipulate the minds of his victims. He is one of Batman's most enduring enemies and belongs to the collective of adversaries that make up Batman's rogues gallery.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

The creation of an idiom

Post by sgt.null »

Ball Gown down the Ball Gown. Violet your Violet, Violet!
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...

Return to “In Pursuit of Mallory”