Hypothetical Scenarios with Existing Fictional Characters

A haven for game threads.

Moderator: Damelon

Linna Heartbooger
Are you not a sine qua non for a redemption?

Post by Linna Heartbooger »

So, yeah. I sometimes use fictional characters to help me solve / think about real-life problems.
For example, a close friend is basically Charles Wallace from "A Wrinkle in Time." (except older)
So maybe that means I end up relating to him like Meg does, and maybe I can learn something from that dynamic.

Here is a hypothetical scenario:
Sherlock (from the BBC "Sherlock") - to everyone's surprise, especially his own - has a conversion experience and becomes a Christian.
There is some change, of course, (First of all, he can finally ADMIT that he loves justice and cares deeply for some people.) but he still has the same basic personality.

One of the biggest changes is Sherlock's newfound desire to serve in church in a big way.
Unfortunately, most of the Christians in most of the churches around him still don't deal well with Sherlock's Asperger's, so he gets relegated to the role of youth pastor.
(Irony: In lots of church sub-cultures, the stereotype of people who end up in the role of youth pastor is sunny, cheery, and socially-adept.)
Your mission - if you choose to accept it - is to solve the mystery of What happens next?

I'm sorry I'm giving a "next poster do this" thingy w/out giving an example in the OP.
If nobody takes up this challenge, and I have an idea for an example, I will come back and edit this post. :-D

[Edit: Corrected my spelling of "Asperger's" - thank you, Khaliban!]
Last edited by Linna Heartbooger on Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Khaliban
Watchman, Second Class

Post by Khaliban »

First, he points out you spelled "Asperger's" wrong.

Second, he declares you don't actually <i>have</i> a mystery, you're just scrounging for a youth pastor.

Third, he tells you it's all been a lie. He's just trying to hide from season 4.
"This is the sort of bloody nonsense up with which I will not put."

Smashwords: Discovered Mate: A Tale of Desire and Chess

Some Stories: FanFiction or Archive Of Our Own
Lazy Luke
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lazy Luke »

The pastor allows Sherlock to play Toccato and Fugue on the violin at Sunday morning service. Within a few short weeks the front row is filled with ex-athiests, John Lydon, Roger Waters and Dave Gilmour, and Frank Zappa, to name a few.
Linna Heartbooger

Luke- I did NOT think of his violin-playing / that connection! :haha:

Khaliban- Thank you. This shows me that I haven't typed the word "Asperger's" before.
And- yes! The possibilities of what can be going on if he's faking conversion for his own Sherlockian purposes are huge!
"People without hope not only don't write novels, but what is more to the point, they don't read them.
They don't take long looks at anything, because they lack the courage.
The way to despair is to refuse to have any kind of experience, and the novel, of course, is a way to have experience."
-Flannery O'Connor

"In spite of much that militates against quietness there are people who still read books. They are the people who keep me going."
-Elisabeth Elliot, Preface, "A Chance to Die: The Life and Legacy of Amy Carmichael"
Lazy Luke
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lazy Luke »

:crazy: :Z: :hairs: :LOLS:
Last edited by Lazy Luke on Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:21 pm, edited 4 times in total.
samrw3
The Gap Into Spam

Post by samrw3 »

Sherlock, while being youth pastor, has discovered that pastor Watts has a intelligent son who endeavors to be a doctor. Sherlock informs pastor Watts that he would like to have his son be his flatmate to train him in analytical deductions. Pastor Watts agrees as long as his son uses part of his time to write down all his experiences with Sherlock.
Not every person is going to understand you and that's okay. They have a right to their opinion and you have every right to ignore it.
Linna Heartbooger

Aaaah! I want to say "lol," but I think I've learned from "Bad Writing Contest" etiquette that the appropriate response is, "groan!"

Amused, amused. I am delighted that people are gratifying my wish for answers to this important question. :lol:
"People without hope not only don't write novels, but what is more to the point, they don't read them.
They don't take long looks at anything, because they lack the courage.
The way to despair is to refuse to have any kind of experience, and the novel, of course, is a way to have experience."
-Flannery O'Connor

"In spite of much that militates against quietness there are people who still read books. They are the people who keep me going."
-Elisabeth Elliot, Preface, "A Chance to Die: The Life and Legacy of Amy Carmichael"
deer of the dawn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by deer of the dawn »

Sherlock and Watts's son put out the cookies and Mountain Dew requisite for attracting youth to church on a perfectly good Wednesday night. They stare at each other over their Solo cups until the doorknob is heard to rattle.

In walks Dudley Dursley.

Fresh off of saying farewell to Harry Potter and moving from Little Whinging to the other side of London, Dursley is deceptively docile. He wears a moue, but his cheeks are red. Sherlock is fascinated (seeing little word clusters float around his face).

Dudley picks up a 2-litre bottle of Mountain Dew, and begins to chug it. Sherlock holds out his hand to stay the objections of Watts's son. Dudley puts the empty bottle on the table and belches spectacularly.

"Did your friend die, or simply say goodbye?" He asks, piercing Dudley to the wall with his pale-eyed gaze.

Ickle Duddykins begins to sob. Then he grabs the trash barrel and vomits up a half gallon of Mountain Dew. Watts Jr. just shakes his head.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle. -Philo of Alexandria

ahhhh... if only all our creativity in wickedness could be fixed by "Corrupt a Wish." - Linna Heartlistener
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

This startles Hazel and Pipkin who were hiding behind the trash barrel while trying to free some hutch rabbits. The scamper off, and Frith shines menacingly.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
deer of the dawn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by deer of the dawn »

Frith appears to Dudley to be moving in for a soul-sucking kiss. He screams and stumbles into a corner where he trips over Radagast, who was catching a few Zs.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle. -Philo of Alexandria

ahhhh... if only all our creativity in wickedness could be fixed by "Corrupt a Wish." - Linna Heartlistener
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Dudley wishes hed be that lucky .. he watches Frith tap dance into a sunny backdrop exit stage left. Sherlock 🕵️‍♂️ does a double take when Watts son turns out to be Watts daughter .. or so he thought examining the evidence before him.

Pipkin continues liberating bunnies 🐰 cuz .. well cuz he can 🤷‍♀️ ... and on board the Nautilus 😉 Frodo develops of huge crush on Wonder Women cuz .. yeah Wonder Woman .. Sherlock however is not convinced ... cuz a smart ass know it all 😉🤓🧐🤨
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

Ball Gown down the Ball Gown. Violet your Violet, Violet!
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...

Return to “In Pursuit of Mallory”