Skyrim Races (as in running) or Stuff.

A haven for game threads.

Moderator: Damelon

peter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by peter »

I wonder if anyone would like to discuss or put forward any ideas on the following.

I'm a Skyrim fan. I play on a ps4, the special edition, not on the online mmrpg version. What I'd like to do is come up with some stuff to do, like for example races and stuff (think from say the bar in the thieves guild hidey hole in Rifton to the Silverblood Inn in Markarth) that could be done on your consul (you'd time yourself and honesty would be a big part of it in my former example) but outside the normal stuff of the game, by groups of interested people.

The idea is to use the word created by Bethesda, the character created by the player, to do things pre-agreed by us and report back on how you have fared. With a bit of imagination I'm sure that some pretty fun stuff could be thought up.

To expand upon the race idea, the rules would be 1) no potions to be used - only rings, necklaces and apparel. 2) no fast travel - obviously. 3) Time would be 'our world' time in whole minutes rounded up. 4) Roads or cross-country routes as per the runners preference. 4) No horses or dragons to be used - unless by prior agreement that this is a horse race etc.

Races of different types could be thought out - say round the perimeter of Rifton or the peak of the throat of the world to another notable geographic location. But there is no reason to restrict your thinking to timed events. Questions could be asked; what item is found in the such and such of this or that place. Collections of this or that group of objects.

It can be seen from my examples that I don't have much of an imagination to come up with good ideas - but I remain convinced that the world of Skyrim has potential as an arena for much other stuff to be done in than that which the game makers intended? Give me your ideas guys!
The truth is a Lion and does not need protection. Once free it will look after itself.

....and the glory of the world becomes less than it was....
'Have we not served you well'
'Of course - you know you have.'
'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Sounds like fun .. will put my thinking cap on 🧒 ... I usually dont have it with me when Im in Mallorys.. strange times πŸ˜‰
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
peter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by peter »

Are you a Skyrim fan Sky? I'm spending waaay to much time wandering around aimlessly in it's hills and valleys (vicarious living in a virtual world I guess). I'm level 71 and am determined to make level 82 where the Ebony Warrior appears - but leveling up at this level is slow because it's only when facing opponents of equal measure that you do so - and they're pretty thin on the ground!

Oddly I find myself behaving in my virtual existence just as I do in my more formal one. I continuously loose stuff amongst many numerous chests and storage spaces in various houses and find myself running around shouting "Where's my Orcish Bow of Soul Snares!" and "Why is the damn Athenerium Shield of Wasting never where I leave it!" My Skyrim family have to be as patient and long-suffering as my Earth bound one!

;)
The truth is a Lion and does not need protection. Once free it will look after itself.

'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

:LOLS:

How funny πŸ˜πŸ˜‚

No I have never played Skyrim but sounds fun. Im hopeless at xboxing .. Im outdated old skool Duke Nukem, Wolfenstein etc computer games.

Never had a play station or Xbox .. my kids get me to join in on their games .. but Im an uncoordinated nightmare lol πŸ˜‚
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
peter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by peter »

:lol: Horses for courses Sky!

'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

LOL πŸ˜‚ true that ... but Im always up for giving something new a crack
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
peter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by peter »

I'm about to embark upon a new console game called Kingdom Come Deliverance that goes in for hyper-realism rather than the standard dragons and spells or post-apocalyptic wasteland stuff. It's set in fifteenth century Bohemia utilising real historical events as a background to making your ascent from peasant churl to paid-up knight as real as possible. The game requires you to eat, sleep and wash yourself (and clothing) just as you would in real life or suffer the physical and social consequences. You are even required to learn to read, never mind subject yourself to extensive training in combat techniques. I'm all about immersion in gaming and this, if it works for you, is reckoned to be the acme of this.

I seriously think that in the future, games will be recognised as an art form up there with the rest of them.

'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Wow that sounds amazing .. thats an awesome experience... what better immersive experience into historical past could anyone living today ever have.

Im going to have to look into some of this ... sounds even more fun than reading.
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
peter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by peter »

It has its limitations Sky, but hours can pass by in a flash and very little that is going on in your life has the power to penetrate through its ability to transport you elsewhere. But a word of warning - it is very addictive.

'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

lol πŸ˜‚ just what I need. Another Watch πŸ˜‰πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈπŸ˜‚
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

Skyweir wrote: ↑Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:15 am Sounds like fun .. will put my thinking cap on 🧒 ... I usually dont have it with me when Im in Mallorys.. strange times πŸ˜‰

Ball Gown down the Ball Gown. Violet your Violet, Violet!
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...

Return to β€œIn Pursuit of Mallory”