Private Messages Purge

Main forum for site announcements, suggestions, and help.

Moderators: Savor Dam, Vain

Vain
Nom

Private Messages Purge

Post by Vain »

I'm out with the feather duster again and noticed that my very own private messages thing was full (and probably rejecting incoming message - I dunno)

In the interests of resource conservation, could you all please examine your messages, archive the important ones and delete the unimportant ones.

You will notice that you have 4 boxes:

1. Inbox
2. Sentbox
3. Outbox
4. Savebox

Any messages in Outbox haven't been read by the recipient yet so you might want to be careful about just deleting them.

Thanks for your help in clearing out some cobwebs :) |V
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

ok, i've cleared the dustbunnys out of my mailbox.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Vain
Nom

Post by Vain »

*LOL* The database thanks you :)
Vain
Nom

Post by Vain »

I'm going to be implementing a large-scale purge of all private messages in order to reduce the database size. I don't know when but I will announce it at least a week in advance.

I don't have the ability to purge only selected users - or only selected messages. It's more a blunderbus (sp?) approach :)

If we have a decent enough cleanout though, I may be able to refrain from the purge so it would be great if you could examine your private messages and delete as much as you can.

Return to “Announcements + Suggestions + Q&A + Help”