FOTR "Easter Egg"

Not whitegold ring chat. The one ring chat.

Moderator: High Lord Tolkien

birdandbear
The Gap Into Spam

FOTR "Easter Egg"

Post by birdandbear »

Has anyone else seen this? On the extended edition Fellowship of the Ring DVD (4 discs) there is an easter egg. If you go to scene selections on disc 1, and go to the very last scene, The Council OF Elrond, and then select the down arrow one more time, the One Ring will appear next to where it says "new scene." Hit select and you will see Peter Jackson introducing an MTV spoof of the Council of Elrond starring Sarah Michelle Geller and Jack Black.

WARNING: You may want to watch this yourself before letting your children watch it. It's not too too bad, but there is some scandalous, if not precisely sexual content. I didn't know this, and called my 7 year old son in to watch it - and then quickly shooed him out again! :oops: :oops: :oops: :fim: :fim: :fim:
"If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do."
Infelice
Lord

Post by Infelice »

There`s also another little "surprise" on Disc 2 - go to scene 48 (Official Fan Club Credits) and arrow down. You will see a small icon appear on the bottom left of the screen (Towers). Press enter and you will see the theatrical preview of TTT that was played at the end of FOTR during the last week in the theatres.
I saw FOTR seven times but did not get to see the preview of TTT. It shows a few images that were not in the theatrical version of TTT but these images may be in the extended DVD.
A nice little Easter gift from PJ. :D
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

wow I never noticed that!! now I will have to go check it out for myself!!
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
caamora
The Purifier

Post by caamora »

It was hilarious, Birdandbear. :lol:
The King has one more move.
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by duchess of malfi »

Thank you Bird and Bear. I will have to check this out first thing in the morning! :D
Love as thou wilt.

Mick Axbrewder
Servant of the Land

Post by Mick Axbrewder »

That's a hysterical spoof. I feel kinda sorry that it could fit, however!
Infelice
Lord

Post by Infelice »

Speaking of Easter Eggs (and this is a little off the topic) but there is a 1 kilogram chocolate easter egg sitting on the desk three feet away from me and I swear it is calling my name.
Help me - its trying to break itself up into bit sized pieces and trying to put itself in my mouth - must try ***to resist****** must try to ***** keep my mouth closed *****chocolate is no good for figure ***** HHHEEELLLPPP!!!!!!

(my apologies for that insane outburst - the men in white jackets have just arrived)

Return to “J.R.R. Tolkien Forum”