Finally...

Winter is coming...

Moderator: dANdeLION

variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Finally...

Post by variol son »

I finally bought my copy of Blood and Gold today, after trying for nearly three months. None of the book stores I went to could seem to locate it.

So now I can finish and be up to date with everyone else. :D

I loved the first chapter, Daenerys is just the best. THE BEST! :S I so can't wait for the next chapter of hers, although Arya and Catelyn were both pretty good.

And I love Jaime more and more all the time.

Sum sui generis
Vs
You do not hear, and so you cannot be redeemed.

In the name of their ancient pride and humiliation, they had made commitments with no possible outcome except bereavement.

He knew only that they had never striven to reject the boundaries of themselves.
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

OMG! The Red Wedding. 8O

That was the most shocking and surreal thing I have read in the series so far. And I knew it was coming!
Spoiler
It was just so...wrong. Lord Frey having them murdered despite offering them bread and salt. And on his daughters wedding night. No wonder she looked so scared.
I would not like to be Walder Frey or Roose Bolton if either Stannis or Daenerys gain power of Westeros. :?

Sum sui generis
Vs
Last edited by variol son on Sat Aug 06, 2005 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

In the name of their ancient pride and humiliation, they had made commitments with no possible outcome except bereavement.

He knew only that they had never striven to reject the boundaries of themselves.
Roland of Gilead
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Roland of Gilead »

The Red Wedding is one of the most intense scenes I've ever read. It was like witnessing a car wreck, horrified, and yet unable to look away. It takes great writing skills to create such a powerful response in a reader.
"I am, in short, a man on the edge of everything." - Dark Tower II, The Drawing of the Three
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Amazing scene - with the cacophony of sound turning to 'the Raines of Castamere' turning to the single drumbeat as everybody dies, it would make a great cinematic sequence. As would many of the scenes in aSoIaF.
Worm of Despite
Lord

Post by Worm of Despite »

Roland of Gilead wrote:The Red Wedding is one of the most intense scenes I've ever read. It was like witnessing a car wreck, horrified, and yet unable to look away. It takes great writing skills to create such a powerful response in a reader.
Yeah, I remember having a sort of semi-adrenaline rush whilst reading it. Nothing I've ever read before or since has given me such an acute, indescribable feeling.

And oh yeah, seeing the Red Wedding on the big screen done properly would be mindblowing. I'd love it even more than the Lord of the Rings movies, just for that scene.
Lord Mhoram
Lord

Post by Lord Mhoram »

Blood and Gold is part 2 of ASOS, right? In Amerca there aren't two books, just one.
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

Oh, sorry. :oops:

Blood and gold is A Storm of Swords part two. Steel and Snow is A Storm of Swords part one.

:D

Sum sui generis
Vs

Lord Mhoram
Lord

Post by Lord Mhoram »

:D Yes, I remember seeing them in London last summer. Just making sure.
FizbansTalking_Hat
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by FizbansTalking_Hat »

What is this about A Storm of Swords Part I & II, isn't it just a massive volume book, I have 3 books all together?
"...oh my god - there is a nerd stuck beneath my space bar.."
- Jules - 9:34 P.M. Conversation MSN --
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

It's only one large volume in the US. Everywhere else it is two, still very large, volumes: Steel and Snow and Blood and Gold.

Sum sui generis
Vs

I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Apparently some publishers thought it was too big to go into a single paperback (maybe they hadn't seen Tad Williams' 'To Green Angel Tower').

Return to “George R. R. Martin Forum”