Hopeful riders

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

I am honored. By what name can I call this glorious creature?
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
Plains of Ra
Land Mass

Post by Plains of Ra »

His name is Storm. There seems to be some significance to this, although I do not know what it could be. As he was leaving me, he said, "Could a Ranyhyn with any other name bear this particular Haruchai?" If you understand, please enlighten me.
*neigh*
*winny*
*snort*
Khat
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Khat »

I do not call the wind to blow or the rain to fall or the Ranyhyn -
but in hope of being chosen I cry Kelenbhrabanal marushyn!
Rushyn hynyn kelenkoor rillynarunal! Ranyhyn Kelenbhrabanal!

...Grass-grown hooves, and forehead stars;
hocks and withers, earth-wood bloom:
regal Ranyhyn, gallop, run--
we serve the Tail of the Sky,
Mane of the World.

I hope to be honored
please choose.
[spoiler]"...the loveliness of the Land has only grown more precious to me as my senses have been
opened...To turn homeward now would be to pass from treasure-berries to dust."
-- Liand to Linden [P324 Runes][/spoiler]
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Plains of Ra wrote:His name is Storm. There seems to be some significance to this, although I do not know what it could be. As he was leaving me, he said, "Could a Ranyhyn with any other name bear this particular Haruchai?" If you understand, please enlighten me.
I understand completely. His fealty will help ease the storm on my brow.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
Plains of Ra
Land Mass

Post by Plains of Ra »

khatalenabwraith, your call has been answered. A beautiful Ranyhyn left me days ago, and should be approaching you shortly.

Cail, thank you. I am glad it made sense to you. :D
*neigh*
*winny*
*snort*
Khat
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Khat »

Plains of Ra - Home of the Ranyhyn;

I am deeply honored that a beautiful Ranyhyn chose me. I will serve her or him well. Please tell me more about this tail of the sky, mane of the world so I may be prepared.
[spoiler]"...the loveliness of the Land has only grown more precious to me as my senses have been
Plains of Ra
Land Mass

Post by Plains of Ra »

khatalenabwraith, I see that Sannhet has arrived. I have no doubt that the friendship you two develop will be as true as any ever seen. Congratulations!
*neigh*
*winny*
*snort*
Alynna Lis Eachann
Lord

Post by Alynna Lis Eachann »

Ah, a new Watcher has been chosen by a Ranyhyn! Joy! At last, the tide is turning. Congratulations, khat!
"We probably could have saved ourselves, but we were too damned lazy to try very hard... and too damn cheap." - Kurt Vonnegut

"Now if you remember all great paintings have an element of tragedy to them. Uh, for instance if you remember from last week, the unicorn was stuck on the aircraft carrier and couldn't get off. That was very sad. " - Kids in the Hall
Khat
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Khat »

At days end when I was tired and beat
how glad I was when I took my seat
and appeared through the Land on Kevin's Watch site
to relieve the day's stress and escape the night.

When I saw a Ranyhyn enter my domain
I quickly came here to find out her name
"Sannhet" I exclaimed! How honest and so true
I laughed when I read this then away we both flew...

She is a lot like me and I trust her stride
with her I will not fail or fall from her side.
Her demeanor is calm, her appetite unique
for some reason she likes Quaker Oats to eat!

Thank you I am honored! (REALLY a great name too!)
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Cail wrote:
Plains of Ra wrote:His name is Storm. There seems to be some significance to this, although I do not know what it could be. As he was leaving me, he said, "Could a Ranyhyn with any other name bear this particular Haruchai?" If you understand, please enlighten me.
I understand completely. His fealty will help ease the storm on my brow.
Oh, is that it?! I figured it was because that was the name of Aquaman's seahorse in the cartoon. :lol: But the link between a Haruchai and the Ranyhyn who chooses him is about as strong as links get, so I'll take your word for it, Cail.
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Alynna Lis Eachann
Lord

Post by Alynna Lis Eachann »

*bump* for Kymbierlee
"We probably could have saved ourselves, but we were too damned lazy to try very hard... and too damn cheap." - Kurt Vonnegut

"Now if you remember all great paintings have an element of tragedy to them. Uh, for instance if you remember from last week, the unicorn was stuck on the aircraft carrier and couldn't get off. That was very sad. " - Kids in the Hall
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

The defense of the people of the Land is ever fluctuating. ur-Viles and cavewights, along with kresh and the Lord Foul keep defenders of the Land always on our toes. What better to help speed the process of total decimation of Foul's forces than a Ranyhyn? Therefore, Ranyhyn, i present my self to you.
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
Plains of Ra
Land Mass

Post by Plains of Ra »

Apologies, Balon. Many of the Earth's land masses meet once each 5,000 years. We compare erosion rates, check migratory patterns, that kind of thing. (Honestly, do we have to meet so often?? I get back from one meeting, and the next is right around the corner. Thank the Creator I only have to host one out of every hundred meetings!!)

Anyway, I just got back. Your call is being answered by, perhaps, the most interesting of all Ranyhyn. Palin (hmm, that sort of rhymes with Balon, doesn't it...) drives the other Ranyhyn crazy with terrible jokes. His latest is something about a 20-humanpower engine, but I'm afraid none of the others understand it. (Nor do I.) So I hope you are serious about your title, because I think you're in for quite a ride!
*neigh*
*winny*
*snort*
Rowan
Stonedownor

*bows in the Ramen way*

Post by Rowan »

This servant of the Land is in awe of the beautiful Ranyhyn. She would be honored if one of the beautiful ones would grace her with their companionship in service to the Land.

*waits with wildly beating heart to see if she will be accepted*
Let every creature I see be a brother and a friend to me
Let every step that I take leave the footprints of a warrior
Along the spirit trail.
Plains of Ra
Land Mass

Post by Plains of Ra »

Rowan, you have been honored! Glorious Erce is on her way to you. May you honor each other with a long, deep friendship.
*neigh*
*winny*
*snort*
jelerak
Bloodguard

Post by jelerak »

Ah, wise, noble Ranyhyn...

I humble myself in your presence.

Would it be so that I may present myself to you in hope that I be chosen to ride far and free?
Plains of Ra
Land Mass

Post by Plains of Ra »

jelerak, many of the horses are worried, thinking you to be an evil sorcerer. I do not know why. However, Ry sees a kindred spirit in your love of freedom. Of course, to say "a free-spirited Ranyhyn" is to be redundant, but Ry is even moreso than any other I have known. I imagine you two will be off for days on end.

Congratulations! He should be joining you soon.
*neigh*
*winny*
*snort*
jelerak
Bloodguard

Post by jelerak »

...there are no words that I can write to express my sincere humility in receiving a gift such as this. Our free spirits will ride many leagues and far beyond the boundaries that we all know.

As for my 'evil' tendencies, don't we all have a dark side within?

Maybe it is just that I have come to terms with my inner self, and have realized that to be whole in heart and spirit, I must accept that which I am and not try to manipulate my true self to be that which others may desire that I become.
alanm
Ramen

Post by alanm »

who needs to whistle for a Ranyhyn.
get a motor bike and feel the freedom of the world

RD350LC ypvs, 1989

Cheval
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cheval »

no_limits wrote:who needs to whistle for a Ranyhyn.
get a motor bike and feel the freedom of the world

RD350LC ypvs, 1989
Then what will you do when you run out of gas in the Land?
Fill the tank with Amanibhavam? (Talk about Horsepower!)
Have you hugged your arghule today?
that unleashed the power of our imagination -
we learned to talk."

It's 4:19...
gotta minute?

Return to “General Discussion Forum”