My ultimate to play TC in a film version

A place to discuss the books in the FC and SC. *Please Note* No LC spoilers allowed in this forum. Do so in the forum below.

Moderators: kevinswatch, Orlion

jalacourt
Servant of the Land

OK, you may all hate this suggestion but what the hellfire.

Post by jalacourt »

Anthony Hopkins???? Nooooooooo.

OK, I have a suggestion for the role of TC. he's not a screen actor yet.

Ben Browder. He played John Crichton in the Farscape series.
He'd probably need to shed a couple of pounds to get the gaunt look required.

Corse, only an opinion.

Post by Guest »

Had to register on here to share my opinion. I've been watching that new sitcom House on Fox lately, and it took me a good long time to realize that the main character is, in fact, Mr. Little from Stuart Little 1 and 2. But even if he was that yuppie dad in another movie, Hugh Laurie's portrayal of House is the closest thing to Covenant I think I've ever seen.

Anyone seen House?
Alynna Lis Eachann
Lord

Post by Alynna Lis Eachann »

I have indeed, and I thought precisely the same thing. He would be the perfect Covenant, except for the age issue: TC was younger than that during the First Chronicles.
"We probably could have saved ourselves, but we were too damned lazy to try very hard... and too damn cheap." - Kurt Vonnegut

"Now if you remember all great paintings have an element of tragedy to them. Uh, for instance if you remember from last week, the unicorn was stuck on the aircraft carrier and couldn't get off. That was very sad. " - Kids in the Hall
Myste
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Myste »

The actor's name is Hugh Laurie, also memorable for his portrayal of Bertie Wooster in the BBC Jeeves & Wooster series. House is one of those shows I keep wanting to watch but never quite get to see.
Halfway down the stairs Is the stair where I sit. There isn't any other stair quite like it. I'm not at the bottom, I'm not at the top; So this is the stair where I always stop.
Warmark Jay
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Warmark Jay »

I got it! After watching last night's "Lost" ep, I'm convinced that the guy who plays Sawyer, Josh Holloway, would be the perfect TC. He's got the angry grimace down pat.
"That must be the King."
"How do you know?"
"He hasn't got sh*t all over him."
Akasri
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Akasri »

Warmark Jay wrote:I got it! After watching last night's "Lost" ep, I'm convinced that the guy who plays Sawyer, Josh Holloway, would be the perfect TC. He's got the angry grimace down pat.
And he's gaunt enough to pull it off as well. I can just see him shouting "Hellfire!" :)
amanibhavam
The Gap Into Spam

Post by amanibhavam »

I would still like Daniel Day-Lewis for TC and Jodie Foster for Linden.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
love is the shadow that ripens the wine

Languages of Middle-Earth community on Google Plus
Pink Floyd community on Google Plus
Sunbaneglasses
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sunbaneglasses »

Johnny Depp!He can act anything.2nd choice Dennis Quaid.3rd choice Johnny Knoxville :lol:Linden:Helen Hunt,Jennifer Garner(selfish choice ),Jennifer Anniston.
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Helen Hunt is an interesting choice for Linden. She's too old now, but I think she'd have been a good choice 10 years ago.

Johnny Depp.....yech.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
Stonedownor

Post by Avytaya »

the guy who plays Sawyer, Josh Holloway
I agree! Great choice!
-Avy
Sunbaneglasses
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sunbaneglasses »

BILLYBOB THORNTON-I am 100% serious-lose the redneck accent,dye the hair to make him look younger.He would be great.
Last edited by Sunbaneglasses on Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
marshm
Stonedownor

Post by marshm »

Gary Oldman IS Thomas Covenant!
Oh yes, I CAN hope... for an early release of the next TC book!
"Never enter a battle of wits against an unarmed man."
Cable Seadreamer
Servant of the Land

Post by Cable Seadreamer »

I fear I must remind you that "big-name" movie stars will in all likelihood not be possible. Think "B" movie actors or television show actors.

But as long as we are wishing.... Jet Li for Bannor!
"Farewell, beloved."
His response came softly, receding along the wind. "There's no need for that. I'm part of you now. You'll always remember."
"I'll be with you as long as you live."
Gibboniam
Servant of the Land

Post by Gibboniam »

Sorry but b..locks! noone could possibly play Thomas Covenant but Thomas Covenant himself. Get a grip people, hasn't he suffered enough?
Gibboniam
Milikki
Servant of the Land

Post by Milikki »

I came up with the Blade Runner age Harrison Ford for TC a long while back, but now that he's too old, I think I've found a new one ... Brad Pitt. Serious.

If you go back and look at a couple movies where he played a slightly unhinged person (12 Monkeys or Fight Club) he could pull an outcast writer. But he's too expensive.

Have to look for someone unused, stage or indy films. Viggo came from re-makes of old hitchcock films. Maybe consider someone like the guy playing "Apollo" in the new BSG series on SciFi.

All I can say is, if Christopher Walken is cast as TC, I will do my own Caamora (Like TC at Seareach) with the BBQ pit in my backyard.

Kevin
Warmark Jay
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Warmark Jay »

Ian McShane. "Deadwood". Is. Lord Foul.
"That must be the King."
"How do you know?"
"He hasn't got sh*t all over him."
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

When I saw the trailer for The Pianist, I thought it.

Now that I've seen the King King trailer, I know it.

Adrien Brody, Thomas Covenant.

End of game. Please dispose of your trash properly on your way out.

P.S.
» King Kong Trailer
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Sorry, I never envisoned Covenant's nose that big...now Mhoram...

and besides I don't want someone coming up to me saying, "Hey that guy who played TC wasn't he in Revenge of the Nerds part four?" :D
fall far and well Pilots!
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

A friend of mine suggested Guy Pierce, and I have to say that while it seemed out of left field for me, I've come to accept it, and it seems almost right. At least physically. I've not really seen a huge range of emotions from him though, so it might not work, but he does have gaunt down pretty well.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

If you want to see Guy Pearce display a wide range watch Till Human Voices Wake Us--he does an outstanding job, great film shot in Australia. He was one of my orginal suggestions, on another thread, before I became enamored of Christian (Bruce Wayne) Bale who almost did too good a job in American Psycho--freaked me out so much I couldn't finish it! :hairs:
Last edited by danlo on Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fall far and well Pilots!

Return to “The First and Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant”