Astros no-hit the Yankees!

Baseball, Basketball, Footbal, Soccer, Curling, Poker, ect...

Moderators: Lord Mhoram, StevieG, hierachy

Bannor
Giantfriend

Astros no-hit the Yankees!

Post by Bannor »

Wow! When the Houston Astros starter, Oswalt went down in the 2nd inning with an injury, no one visualized that 5 pitchers (6 total counting Oswald), later, the Yankees would be no-hit by the Astros. It hadn't happened in Yankee stadium since 1958. The Yankees lost 8-0, and Joe Torre said that he had no explanation. (Hint to Torre: the Astros have the best bullpen in the league) Go Astros!! Image
Last edited by Bannor on Thu Jun 12, 2003 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Do you have a wife?"
"At one time."
"What happened to her?"
"She has been dead."
"How long ago did she die?"
"Two thousand years."
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

amazing! 8O
fall far and well Pilots!
Brinn
S.P.O.W

Post by Brinn »

:twisted: Any Yankees loss is a good one! They look vulnerable this year. GO SOX! :lol:
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. John Stuart Mill
Lord Mhoram
Lord

Post by Lord Mhoram »

Well said, Brinn!

Heh, it took 6 pitchers, but a no-hitter is a no-hitter! Congratulations, 'Stros!
Dromond
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dromond »

That's what I love about baseball! Just when you think you've seen it all!
Granted, the starter got hurt, and everyone else isn't used to more than a couple innings work, but how do you keep taking guys out in that situation? Amazing!
Brinn
S.P.O.W

Post by Brinn »

Typical Jimy Williams Dromond! We had him here for a few years. Remember how I said I hated when a manager pulled a pitcher who was pitching well? Jimy drove me absolutely batshit!
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. John Stuart Mill

Return to “Sports”