Too many tempting spoilers at A song of Ice and fire dot com

Winter is coming...

Moderator: dANdeLION

Do you like spoilers?

I hate spoilers! Yech! Blech!
67%
I dont mind em, it whets my appetite for the book!
33%
I love spoilers! Give me enough and I dont even have to buy the book!
No votes
Pie. Just.... just pie.
No votes

Total votes: 6

Baradakas
Lord

Too many tempting spoilers at A song of Ice and fire dot com

Post by Baradakas »

If you hate spoilers, stay away from p080.ezboard.com/basoiaf!!!! There are about a dozen or more spoilers for AFFC. And Danlo, I'm a bit shocked. You apparently frequent there, yet none of us were warned of the evil spoilers that abound there! How could you? ;) ;) ;)

Seriously folks, I lacked the strength to leave w/out reading, and so many chapters were detailed that I fear I know half the book already!

-B
"Fortunate circumstances do not equate to high ideals."

"Mostly muffins sir."- My answer in response to the question posed by the officer, "Son, do you have anything on you I should know about?"

His response: "Holy $&!^. He's not kidding! Look at all these muffins!"
Roland of Gilead
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Roland of Gilead »

Baradakas, you have me too afraid to even glance at this site . . . but I'm curious as to where this information is coming from?

What do you mean, chapter details? Is this guesswork? Are these spoilers accurate? And if so, why did Martin allow this? Who did he give permission to read his manuscript and post this information on-line?

Explanations without "examples", if possible. :wink:
"I am, in short, a man on the edge of everything." - Dark Tower II, The Drawing of the Three
Baradakas
Lord

Post by Baradakas »

These are based on audio recordings from chapter reads that Martin gave at different conventions. In all he has read nearly a dozen prolouge chapters, (he has forbidden them from posting the chapters verbatim, due to copyright reasons, but they are pretty in-depth summaries nonetheless), the one thing I can say without giving away info is that Martin has left EVERYONE in the dark about a new character chapter POV he is introducing, his only hint is that it is a character we are familiar with... I think its gonna be
Spoiler
Brienne
, myself, but the rumors, they are a flying. However, all of the spoilers are completely accurrate, but are labeled as such. I simply lacked the will to stay away....

-B

P.S. A couple of these spoilers were posted by Martin himself on his website, under samples....
"Fortunate circumstances do not equate to high ideals."

"Mostly muffins sir."- My answer in response to the question posed by the officer, "Son, do you have anything on you I should know about?"

His response: "Holy $&!^. He's not kidding! Look at all these muffins!"
Roland of Gilead
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Roland of Gilead »

Well, thanks for the info. I'll try to stay away. This is another thing I hate about long-delayed novels. We get these sorts of stunts involving readings and spoilers. Just finish writing the freakin' thing and let's all enjoy it together.

Your guess for the new POV seems like a likely one.
"I am, in short, a man on the edge of everything." - Dark Tower II, The Drawing of the Three
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I think I read most of those chapter synopses a while back - that's how I know so much about it (you'll notice I have quite a few posts with spoilers marked in them here, heh, and I posted brief summaries in a topic at the Hangar). I haven't been there in quite a while though - 11 chapters was my last count, there must have been more in the months since.
About the PoV - my top choices are:
Spoiler
Brienne, Sandor, or the Blackfish.
OsRavan
Woodhelvennin

Post by OsRavan »

as a long time poster of the message board (one of the most active message baords *period* let alone on an author) i will say this.. yes there are *tons* of spoilers.. but they are all located in the feast for crows forum. if you want to look in on the song of ice and fire forum or misc etc (providing youve read the first three books) there wont be any spoilers.

as to hwere the chapters come from. Some come from conventions where george reads them (been lucky enough to hear those) and the bwb (his fan group) were allowed to write summaries. Some came in thanks to those of the bwb who gave him birthday and holiday presents. every year we all chip in money to buy him presents and those who chipped in were given a thankyou present of a spoiler chapter (several over the years) and we posted summaries to those. One of the spoiler chapters.. a dorne one.. was published in dragon magazine.

a few have been on his website. and one is in the back of the soft cover asos.

all are as i said summaries not the actual chapters. and some of them are now in dance with dragons not feast. about 20 in all i would say.
Lord Mhoram
Lord

Post by Lord Mhoram »

Baradakas,

Yeah like Os said, you can very easily stay away from spoilers over at ASOIAF.

Spoilers located in nonspoiler-chapter threads are blacked out just like here.

Good community over there.

Return to “George R. R. Martin Forum”