How do you feel today?

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

Worm of Despite
Lord

Post by Worm of Despite »

Feeling prone to grumbling. I bought 512 MB SDRAM for my comp, but I'm not installing it until I find the graphics card I'm looking for (a GeForce 6600GT). Unfortunately, the closest place that has it is 40-odd miles from here. Blah.
"I support the destruction of the Think-Tank." - Avatar, August 2008
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by duchess of malfi »

Not feeling the greatest today. When Fist called this afternoon he caught me still in bed. :lol: :lol: :lol: I did manage to drag into work somehow, though. :)
Love as thou wilt.

CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Feeling ok. Turns out my mysterious illness was nothing to do with my existing abdominal condition - it was, in fact, food poisoning. An unlikely coincidence.

In any case, I'm mostly recovered now, and I'm feeling pretty hungry, having not eaten in eight days... :roll:
The Leper Fairy
The Gap Into Spam

Post by The Leper Fairy »

Go eat some pie and cake, quickly!

|G

Pie and Cake
Dragonlily
Lord

Post by Dragonlily »

CJ! I'm so glad you're feeling better. That "existing abdominal condition," is it being treated?
"The universe is made of stories, not atoms." -- Roger Penrose
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

especially pie!!! :D
fall far and well Pilots!
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Oh Alan -- I'm so glad you are on the mend! 8) :D
Love as thou wilt.

CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Thanks everyone :D
Dragonlily wrote:CJ! I'm so glad you're feeling better. That "existing abdominal condition," is it being treated?
No. It's as yet unidentified. I'm going to have to wait several months for an appointment with a consultant physician, then several more months to have the relevant tests, then more months for another appointment with the consultant. I could get an appointment within two weeks if I went to a private hospital, but that costs money I don't have.
Myste
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Myste »

Oh, my poor CJ. Huggles!!! |G |G

Good foods for recovering tummies:
Bananas
Rice
Applesauce
Toast

Dr. Myste's advice: Don't forget that if you haven't been eating much, your tummy will have shrunk! So switch to four or five little meals a day instead of three bigger ones, at least until you're back to whatever passes for normal for you these days. I am the Queen of tummy problems.

I'm feeling poor. :roll: I had to put off making myself dependent on the federal government (i.e., applying for unemployment) by a week due to Independence Day. How ironic is that? It'd be funny if I didn't have to eat hot dogs for a week because the 30-pack was only $3.29. After this week, I will have some excellent recipes for ways to disguise hot dogs which I will share with everyone. ;) I'm thinking teriyaki hot dog fried rice; hot dog meatballs; hot dogs sauteed with garlic, onion, and white wine vinegar over a spinach salad....this could actually be fun! :D
Halfway down the stairs Is the stair where I sit. There isn't any other stair quite like it. I'm not at the bottom, I'm not at the top; So this is the stair where I always stop.
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

I sure hope I never get laid off. I'm not very big on eating hot dogs. :wink:

Still not feeling very good. But on the other hand, just a couple more days and the worst will be over for this month. 8)

Also just a couple more days and it'll be the weekend. This weekend should be fun. We're having the town fair, with rides and music, and a big fireworks show on Saturday night. 8) 8)

Love as thou wilt.

safetyjedi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by safetyjedi »

Well, we are all feeling better at my house, we heard from our son Monday night and he is doing well. We were just wanting to hear from him and he got to talk about ten minutes! He said he has already wrote us a letter so we will be looking forward to that. I am so happy that even my RA flaring up which it is doing now doesn't bother me that bad.
Join me and we can end this destructive conflict...
Worm of Despite
Lord

Post by Worm of Despite »

Feeling anxious. Waiting for the local computer shop to call, telling me they have the 6600GT graphics card and are ready to install it. :twisted:
"I support the destruction of the Think-Tank." - Avatar, August 2008
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

safetyjedi -- I am sooooo glad that you heard from your son!! |G |G |G |G |G |G |G
Love as thou wilt.

CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Myste wrote:Oh, my poor CJ. Huggles!!! |G |G

Good foods for recovering tummies:
Bananas
Rice
Applesauce
Toast

Dr. Myste's advice: Don't forget that if you haven't been eating much, your tummy will have shrunk! So switch to four or five little meals a day instead of three bigger ones, at least until you're back to whatever passes for normal for you these days. I am the Queen of tummy problems.

I'm feeling poor. :roll: I had to put off making myself dependent on the federal government (i.e., applying for unemployment) by a week due to Independence Day. How ironic is that? It'd be funny if I didn't have to eat hot dogs for a week because the 30-pack was only $3.29. After this week, I will have some excellent recipes for ways to disguise hot dogs which I will share with everyone. ;) I'm thinking teriyaki hot dog fried rice; hot dog meatballs; hot dogs sauteed with garlic, onion, and white wine vinegar over a spinach salad....this could actually be fun! :D
Thank you, Myste; and I hope your financial/employment challenges are resolved soon |G Don't make me worry!
safetyjedi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by safetyjedi »

thank you Duchess!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Myste, don't for get the old stand by- hot dog slices in BBQ sauce. I pray that you find employment soon, I know it can be tough so hang in there kiddo!!!! |G
Gart
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Gart »

I'm a bit melancholy today. I've been on notice for the last few weeks and today was hand-over day, so I've handed in my tools, car and phone. I have a new job to go to but I'm going to miss a lot of folks from the old one...and having time to hang out on the Watch in the day.
...but in the morning, I will be sober
safetyjedi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by safetyjedi »

Just wanted to say my heart goes out to all of you in the UK for what happened today. May God grant you peace and grace. |G
Myste
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Myste »

Ooh, bbq hot dog slices! Genius! Just wanted to say the teriyaki hot dog fried rice was a great success. And don't worry about me--if worst comes to worst, I'll just go get another degree and live off my student loans. :D I'm thinking of becoming a librarian...working on perfecting my "shhh!"es. ;)

And I join safetyjedi in deepest sympathies for my UK peeps. If there's any group of people in the world who can handle this sort of thing, it's Londoners. All of my best wishes go out to them.
Halfway down the stairs Is the stair where I sit. There isn't any other stair quite like it. I'm not at the bottom, I'm not at the top; So this is the stair where I always stop.
Edge
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Edge »

Myste wrote:I'm thinking of becoming a librarian...working on perfecting my "shhh!"es. ;)
Check out my digital art at www.brian.co.za
Myste
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Myste »

:lol:

Return to “General Discussion Forum”