Emotions and Feelings of TC Series

A place to discuss the books in the FC and SC. *Please Note* No LC spoilers allowed in this forum. Do so in the forum below.

Moderators: kevinswatch, Orlion

Brinn of the Haruchai
Ramen

Emotions and Feelings of TC Series

Post by Brinn of the Haruchai »

I am now finishing the 2nd series (just began WGW) and am very conflicted about the whole process. I am so enthralled and satisfied(as if eating Alanthia), yet depressed knowing that my journey is almost over. I have thought of not finishing the book because I know how it ends and dont want to be depressed about the ending. I will miss these people and their travels( even that motor mouth Vain). Anyone else have these emotions??
I am who I am, Ak-Haru Kenaustin Ardenol. The Guardian of the One
Tree. Brinn of the Haruchai.
Lord Mhoram
Lord

Re: Emotions and Feelings of TC Series

Post by Lord Mhoram »

I felt the same way while rading WGW, so I tried to savor it, I'm now re-reading the First Chronicles.
saltheart foamfollower

Post by saltheart foamfollower »

i feel you guy,
im half through wgw and feel bad because it will be over.
but then i remember all of the
parts of the story and remember how
all the parts fit perfectly together...
you know, start at the begining, the paradox of white gold that is so confusing and yet makes so much sense.
or how you thought in tiw where you thought troy was damned for life when he was turned into a tree, but turned to be a savior in the second series.
about how many more connections do you know of?
the crons are a great series, so you shouldnt feel bad about it ending (because of the possibility of the 3rd crons and that you can read them again.)
its like when you see an exelent movie that you own, are you sad when its over?
no
because,hopefully,the resolution is so great that it ends the movie so well you can put the problem in the movie behind (thats why some scary movies are the scariest because the problem is unresloved, like i know what you did last summer, where the badguy jumps through the window.)
And i think its the same for books. srd probly writes the ending so well that even though it sounds like a shitty resolution it sticks with us as a masterpeice ending.

from the cool, 13 year old writer kid..
p.s.--if the signature comes up, dont mind the your moma jokes :x
danlo
Lord

TWL

Post by danlo »

I was emotionally ripped 2 shreads by The Wounded Land it gave me a number of headaches and made me physically ill a couple of times--I felt the Sunbane bearing down on me and venom running thru my veins. I felt the same way u guys did in WGW as soon as the "Snow Fight" btween the Search, The Waynhim and arguele was over I knew it was all over and was quite sad! 8O Salty (Rocky) please try 2 watch ur language--thanks-danlo (p.s. I love the rainbow joke!) :D 8)
fall far and well Pilots!
caamora
The Purifier

Post by caamora »

The whole beauty of the series is that you can re-read it and find something new every time. I first read these books 20 years ago (has it really been that long?) and I still find something new to ponder. Thank God for books because we can enjoy them over and over! So take heart. The end is just the beginning! :D
The King has one more move.
saltheart foamfollower

saltheart foamfollower

oops.. i cussed?
looking back, i did say the S*** word...
well my bad, i was typing kinda faST
but yea,
p.s-- did my reply make any sense ? im not sure if it made sense/had a good point..
im not sure :cry:
so if i did, say something or something-- this language is a new thing for me!!!!!!! :twisted: (joke)
see ya,
rocky..
p.s.2-- is my new signature up yet??
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

yes, yeah right and yes ur new sig is up!
fall far and well Pilots!
saltheart foamfollower

yea

so,,, how does the sign sound?
I made it up
so,yea,yea,yea...........
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :? :( :( :( :D :o :o 8O 8O 8) :lol: :x :x :-x :-x :P :oops: :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :idea: :?: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Return to “The First and Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant”